Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor [ Feedback And Discussion ]

Ethice

From the moment I first used it I had a feeling Tonkor would be a keeper and the feeling was right. This weapon's immense damage scaling, hilarious ragdoll and explosion radius makes it an easy late game weapon. That being said it has a few issues.

The grenades need some amount of proximity detection. A 0.25m - 0.5m of proximity detection would go a long way on making the weapon a lot more reliable than it is. There are too many instances of the grenade Kobe'ing through legs and wiffing past heads and units in general. This problem would be easily resolved by making the grenades explode when a target is with in a certain range.

The bouncing, while fun, is usually counter-productive. The Tonkor doesn't reload fast enough even with a maxed Fast Hands to complete a reload cycle after bouncing yourself in most cases. This means that your net reload speed is actually longer than Tonkor's base reload of 2.0 even with a max Fast Hands when you bounce yourself. The function in itself is only really a troll as Air Dashing does what Tonkor does, but with more ease and directional control.

In short, the Tonkor overall is an excellent weapon and once It's issues are fixed it should be even better.

Tonkor;

Pros:

- Good damage scaling

- Good explosion radius

- Low reload time

Cons:

- Unreliable grenades

*Grenades have zero proximity detection

*Grenades sometimes detonate prematurely

*Grenades may be able to be shot out of the air ( Grenades seem to detonate in the air consistently when fighting Corpus or Grineer. )

- Very small magazine

Get Tonked!

but yea, the Tonkor is truly amazing

Even more impessive is the fact its Grineer made. They finally didnt make crap!

Looking at my Drakgoon and the Hek, I'd have to say that this isn't the first good Grineer weapon.

Even more impessive is the fact its Grineer made. They finally didnt make crap!

Brakk, one of the best weapons in the game wants to have a talk with you  xD

Ogris says hello too.

Edited by 7grims

The damage on Tonkor isn't just "good". For the cost of two mod slots (Point Strike and Vital Sense) you get roughly a 4.8x damage multiplier.

crit chance of 87.5%

5.5x crit damage

87.5% x 5.5 = 4.8x damage [yes, it's rough average kind of thing based on a percentage chance to crit]

That's 4.8x the final damage, not base. It only does 25 less base damage than the Penta. The blast radius seems big enough that it's totally fine without Firestorm, whereas the Penta needs it IMHO, so relative to the Penta you're really only down one slot because of the crit mods. The Penta has the advantage of a five round mag and manual detonation, but you basically need to hit with three to four grenades to every one from the Tonkor.

EVERYONE STOP ASKING FOR BUFFS TO THIS THING.

edit: yeah this ignores headshots with the Penta which are pretty easy to get, but still it's going to outdamage it, plus no self damage is kind of a huge advantage

Edited by ArbitUHM

0.5m Proximity would make using the Weapon an eyes closed affair.

but yes, just a tiny bit of Proximity Detonation(0.1m would likely be enough) for when it whiffs by an Enemy so close that you almost grazed some skin... would be much appreciated.

with the way Warframe is played, Reload issues can be negated by sliding when you hit the ground so you continue Reloading.

i'm much in love with the bouncing though, i would be very disappoint if the Grenades didn't bounce so much anymore.

that bouncing has made Nullifiers my new best friend with Tonkor. if there's a lot of Enemies around spread out, i can just spam some Grenades at the Shield, they'll fly all over the place, and then blow up everything.

Edited by taiiat

The Tonkor's great for the most part. But can we please make it so that you can no longer bounce teammates with it? It's really annoying and doesn't offer any interesting gameplay; it just gives trolls the chance to troll more.

The damage on Tonkor isn't just "good". For the cost of two mod slots (Point Strike and Vital Sense) you get roughly a 4.8x damage multiplier.

crit chance of 87.5%

5.5x crit damage

87.5% x 5.5 = 4.8x damage [yes, it's rough average kind of thing based on a percentage chance to crit]

That's 4.8x the final damage, not base. It only does 25 less base damage than the Penta. The blast radius seems big enough that it's totally fine without Firestorm, whereas the Penta needs it IMHO, so relative to the Penta you're really only down one slot because of the crit mods. The Penta has the advantage of a five round mag and manual detonation, but you basically need to hit with three to four grenades to every one from the Tonkor.

EVERYONE STOP ASKING FOR BUFFS TO THIS THING.

edit: yeah this ignores headshots with the Penta which are pretty easy to get, but still it's going to outdamage it, plus no self damage is kind of a huge advantage

"Good" was a general terminology for elaborating that It's damage scaling was a positive thing not an actual interpretation of It's damage.

No one's asking for buffs to it. I only want them to fix what's wrong with it since the grenades are buggy right now and a very hit or miss. I suppose giving the grenades a detection range is a buff, but to me that just makes sense. Why make a grenade that can intelligently detect the difference between colliding with the environment and colliding with an enemy, but not give it the intelligence to detect when an enemy is an inch away from it? With the way the grenades work right now the Tonkor should be used more like a point blank shotgun then a grenade launcher.

0.5m Proximity would make using the Weapon an eyes closed affair.

but yes, just a tiny bit of Proximity Detonation(0.1m would likely be enough) for when it whiffs by an Enemy so close that you almost grazed some skin... would be much appreciated.

with the way Warframe is played, Reload issues can be negated by sliding when you hit the ground so you continue Reloading.

i'm much in love with the bouncing though, i would be very disappoint if the Grenades didn't bounce so much anymore.

that bouncing has made Nullifiers my new best friend with Tonkor. if there's a lot of Enemies around spread out, i can just spam some Grenades at the Shield, they'll fly all over the place, and then blow up everything.

Good point. 0.1m detection range would be enough.

Sliding every time you bounce shouldn't be how you should be forced to utilize the weapon since that's just a mechanical exploit like animation cancelling an looks stupid since you bounce straight up from the grenades regardless of how they hit you.

Knowing how damageful the weapon is, I thing lack of reliability is one of the only things that keeps the weapon out of the "blatantly overpowered" category. I just wish for a more permissive rocket jumping mechanic.

That's a valid argument, but It's current lack of reliability is primarily because the grenades are just bugged right now. I would still like to see some amount of proximity detection though.

The Tonkor's great for the most part. But can we please make it so that you can no longer bounce teammates with it? It's really annoying and doesn't offer any interesting gameplay; it just gives trolls the chance to troll more.

The bouncing of teammates seems very situationally beneficial and is mainly a troll factor, really. I've seen it used to get teammates out of places they've gotten stuck in, but besides that the rocketjumping aspect is really underwhelming considering Air Dashing is more reliable, faster, can move you further distances and can be aimed to move in directions other than straight upwards.

Tbh this weapon design is really strange.

It got visual indicator that shows where grenade will fly, but it acts like grenades are heavier than they actually are. thus they drop earlier than indicator shows. 

Then it was advertised as grenade launcher and it doesnt act like one. 

Projectiles it fires have strange tendency to go through hitboxes.

Best thing though is when you put enough projectile speed, 184% strength jet stream + high velocity, then this weapon actually magically fixes itself, explodes on impact, doesnt ignore hitboxes anymore and the faster your projectile speed is, the more accurate indicator becomes.

Its like someone at last second decided to put some really strange mechanics into this weapon and they havent bothered to actually update model, indicator and hitboxes. If thats really the case then i wouldnt call rushing out weapon a "quality" if it isnt then weapon is just bugged in more ways than one and again it aint "quality".

Edited by Davoodoo

I haven't seen it really ignore hitboxes. In my experience the grenade just doesn't explode with any proximity. It has to hit a target and so if It's off by even a pixel it wiffs and doesn't explode.