The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova And Life Strike

Blue_Gardevoir

Question

I have a simple idea but i don't know if it'll be good. Nove Prime is not a tank and have about 300 health and shield. Even if everyone goes with the Redirection mod, i though about using Vitality mod, to avoid dying from the bleed status. The shield recharge on it own, unlike health. So using a Life Strike on my Galatine sound ilke a good idea. High damage mean higher life steal.

It's cute and all when looked on paper but is it a good idea or should i stick to Redirection? Or take a Glaive Prime or Kestrel (for knockback) instead?

12 answers to this question

Life Strike is a very useful mod in most cases, however there is one thing to consider that would make me still use the Redirection Mod. During high end mission (Corpus for example) the amount of enemies shooting at you is often more intense then the amount of enemies you are able to hit with the Galatine. This I would believe would lead to a very poor efficiency during heavy fire and is a major issue with the use of Life Strike solo.

Nova is a power frame, not a melee frame. Redirection, vitality, vigor are your friend (I use 2 of them at any given time, depending on the circumstances), along with frequent power use. Her best defense is her offense, blow stuff up! Seriously though, using your ult strategically as it should be used is all you really need as you are slowing enemies down (or should be in most cases). 

Edited by (PS4)excat_56

I always use vitality over redirection on all of my frames, this has a couple of reasons.

Life strike heals you up really quickly when you need to.

Quick thinking leaves you at 2hp and when you life strike, you're full in no time.

The Winds of Purity mod for furis, is an excellent way of regaining health.

Why I'm not liking redirection is quite simple and you mentioned it yourself. The slash procs, poison procs etc will kill you pretty quickly if you aren't careful.

Life Strike is great, though I prefer to use it on fast weapons like the Dual Zoren, especially on low-health frames. Your health pool is so small, even with a maxed Vitality, that you can quickly and easily refill it with a few fast strikes that take less time (and leave you less vulnerable to being caught in a combo animation) than a single hit from a Galatine.

Over all, you should generally stick to Redirection on low-health frames. It's fairly easy to switch to melee and bust out a few Life Strike hits whenever you take a slash proc, and shields are still better protection against damage since they recharge without any action on your part.

Edited by motorfirebox

If you only use one or the other, Vitality gives more effective health than Redirection on every frame except Mag and Volt. I almost never use Redirection because bleeding to death with full shields is the absolute worst.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Large_Team_Heal_Restore

I prefer using this to dedicating mod slots on Life Strike. It's better for Nova anyway as she isn't really designed to soak up the damage you'll be taking while in melee range. Aside from that you can use these whenever you want and they affect the whole team, so you won't need to go do something risky just to get your health back. 

Try to get friendly with Suda long enough to get the Shield variant as well; it's very useful when you predict you'll need to suddenly take a lot of damage. 

Life Strike mechanic is that you must channel to life-steal. Does it work with a thrown melee?

It does, however, I use LMB to toggle channeling, not hold to channel, so I'm not sure if you have to keep it held during the flight.

I would not use it on the Galatine just because it is not one of the faster weapons. Yes, you will get a lot of health back, but by the time you pop the first hit you might be dead already. My favorite weapon with life strike is the Kronen. HUGE slide damage and speed. I can just slide through a mob, get full life, and come out far enough away from them that my weaker frames like Nova and Nyx can cast a quick CC without being too close. And the Kronen is the best looking melee in the game... Fact!