Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Underwater Lab Concept

DE_Adam

I really do love the tilesets and all, but wouldn't it make more sense to have water levels added to, say, Earth? Especially if the open-water levels (non-base levels) have aquatic life?

The core of Uranus is mostly ice and rock anyway but does have a layer described as such:

"The ice mantle is not in fact composed of ice in the conventional sense, but of a hot and dense fluid consisting of water, ammonia and other volatiles.This fluid, which has a high electrical conductivity, is sometimes called a water–ammonia ocean."

I honestly can't see how the Grineer could set up facilities in such a hostile environment...or why they'd even want to for that matter. Then there's the matter of things actually living in that environment.

Edit: I could see tilesets like these on moons like Callisto or Europa as well as Earth. Maybe Titan, because that has seas made up of hydrocarbons and liquid methane.

Edited by MirageKnight

There should be an extremely small chance that a few of the windows crack, which prompts the Lotus to tell us to evacuate immediately since there will be massive amount of water spilling into the base. Also, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE let those fish be enemies for us to fight. Oh sweet lord, do they look monstrous D: 

Edited by BLACKRIDERDEATH

Hidden away in the toxic oceans of Uranus our upcoming Underwater Lab tileset shows the Grineer in a slightly different light.  Conquerors fueled by scientific achievement, this edition of Building Warframe is dedicated to the unseen progress Grineer have made in genetic advancement.  The machines that fuel it, the non-combatants that operate it, and the contraptions designed to sustain an ever-living war machine.

Check out this sneak-peek of our Underwater Lab concept here and let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

Wow. Badass stuffs. Also, I love the tunes (soundtrack). It's so catchy. There is something (unique id/dna/proprietary tune) in it that when you hear it, you just know it's Warframe and it brings up all the memory of the game you have thus far.

I really do love the tilesets and all, but wouldn't it make more sense to have water levels added to, say, Earth? Especially if the open-water levels (non-base levels) have aquatic life?

The core of Uranus is mostly ice and rock anyway but does have a layer described as such:

"The ice mantle is not in fact composed of ice in the conventional sense, but of a hot and dense fluid consisting of water, ammonia and other volatiles.This fluid, which has a high electrical conductivity, is sometimes called a water–ammonia ocean."

I honestly can't see how the Grineer could set up facilities in such a hostile environment...or why they'd even want to for that matter. Then there's the matter of things actually living in that environment.

Edit: I could see tilesets like these on moons like Callisto or Europa as well as Earth. Maybe Titan, because that has seas made up of hydrocarbons and liquid methane.

Good point

When in doubt, call Space Magic. The completely unrealistic tileset represenations of Phobos and Ceres are still a thing, you know.
On a serious note, it's way more plausible for the Grineer to have their labs located in the (underground) oceans of Titania, Uranus' largest moon, rather than in the theoretical ocean of Uranus' lower atmosphere layers.

But then again, Warframe isn't known for any degree of scientific accuracy.

Wow. Badass stuffs. Also, I love the tunes (soundtrack). It's so catchy. There is something (unique id/dna/proprietary tune) in it that when you hear it, you just know it's Warframe and it brings up all the memory of the game you have thus far.

Because it's the Corpus Ambient you hear in literally every single Corpus mission when outside of combat? Literally the game's soundtrack?

I'm pretty meh to these maps. They make no scientific or logistical sense and the scenery doesn't inspire any awe like I have when viewing infested, orokin, etc high detail maps.

Literally the only thing that seems interesting is the potential hazards but even then it's just like these maps: re-hash of things we already have.

Kudos to everyone for the effort, but it seems very unoriginal.

We need zero-g maps or high gravity maps. Maps that explore the barren wastes of the moons and other stellar objects in our solar system. Lots of original hazards and brilliant art styles based on existing concepts of places in the solar system would be beautiful.

I mean the moons of Jupiter and Saturn alone would be amazing. Earthquakes, lava, acid rain, high gravity, etc

Also we have enough grineer and corpus themed stuff. Let's see the technology of the people (and the people) who live on the fringes and outside grineer or corpus control. Playing maps with syndicate themed tech and interiors would be perfect.

Edited by Beleghost

I think it would be because who would look there? Who would traverse that kind of danger just to see if it's there? But other than that. I agree. But I want to see the swimming mechanic added to places that have water than when you fall in it TPs you back. I would love that.

You guys should do something with the lore of the queens, just one of the concepts looks like a twin queen concept given by a fan time ago. Anyways do something with Ordis memory. Iv'e said this in the past, probably many threads on this stuff, IK there is some might need to be bumped are is in progress. Maybe future syndicate stories, having to do with the old war a cut scene would be pretty cool of the old war. A fragment with a video of the old war and the queens that rule the Grineer and Corpus, Maybe a infected faction queen genetically made!?!?!?!? Also a syndicate uniform, such as an assassin syndicate class, look like stalker would be cool, i.e. faction uniforms as a syndicate reward. 

Bump this old thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/247666-twin-queens-fan-concept/

OsTeMGK.png

http://i.imgur.com/OsTeMGK.png <<that looks very similar to a concept in the underwater theme, that was a twin queen concept  

source http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1266315&page=526

looks like

SB_Grineer_Non_Combatatant_Activities_00

Edited by D3monicWrath

I still don't get why this game needed the ability to swim. Archwings, kubrows, cloth physics, parkour, dojos, focus system (hehe) and more could all use more work but I guess we really need to be able to swim in a fast paced 3rd person shooter.

Edited by RoninJed