Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #52

[DE]Rebecca

Questions from the impeccable Anatolius

-  How will parkour 2.0 be incorporated into older tilesets that may not be as parkour friendly? Will some of these sets change in response to the new parkour system?

- What is your stance on the "issue" of subpar mods/wares from the Void Trader?

- What can be expected from 16.5/U17 at this point

- Could you tell us more about the dismantling of the current Void system?

- Personally, I feel that Mirage's secondary feature in Eclipse should be looked at. Many times, shadows arent really shadows and finding the appropriate dark spot is sometimes non existent. What do you think about this and how lighting is incorporated in different rooms/reflected off different objects

- How goes the cloth physics on warframes?

- Archwing has kinda been on the backburner, knowing that there are many other things that need to be done. That being said, are there any thoughts on how to incorporate archwing into normal game play to make archwing feel more relevant instead of a separate system of its own (examples being missions where you have to escape ships that are under attack,  defending cargo vessels from environmental hazards/enemies).

Edited by Anatolius

Hey guys, not trying to advertise another game or anything but - if you guys are aware of the new mortal kombat X, all their characters have different movesets/abilities; similar to how warframe has different stances. Will we ever get to see this mechanic in tenno? Warframes could have new "stances" giving them different skills.

Any chance the Aura Physique sees a rework with the new Stamina System? 18% BASE Health (mostly 18 health for every teammate) is incredibly useless. How about a +Armor Aura? We need some Defensive Aura Ideas.

Will Helios be able to properly use Simaris Scanners at any point?

Any Plans to ever release Primed Streamline?

FUSION CORES, the massively lowered droprates per playtime have never been adressed after Rebecca was silenced during Devstream 46

Cosmetic purchaseable skins coming to PC anytime soon or is all of that work currently going into Renown and Prestige Packs for the console releases? I realize those guys need a way to give you money, but being excluded from content does leave a negative feeling for me

PvP Death Matches / Team Picking / Custom Lobbies, when are they coming? still aimed at 16.5?

Any Plans to re-release Archwing Formorian Missions? Or to give purpose to Vay Hek Prosecutor Beacons? I made a concept involving the two which got burried under Baro Ki Tears here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/443666-loose-ends-ceres-beacons-formorian-archwing-missions-concept-idea/ )

Early Game Experience for new Users needs some more Overhauling. I helped a couple new people get into the game and they all expressed frustration with nullifiers rendering their choice of the MK1 Paris into suicide and the inability to complete missions on Venus. If i hadnt fed them Split Chamber, Serration and other "basic" mods, especially Multishot Mods, they wouldnt even be able to combat these "EARLYGAME" Planets simply due to them being flooded with enemies based around lategame concepts. Maybe a "Damaged" Split Chamber is required here to help them get their feet off the ground? And again, helping them obtain Fusion Cores to upgrade their early selection of mods has become very difficult.

Saturn / Ceres Drop Rate of Orokin Cells has gone down NOTABLY? My team should supposedly have 370% loot ratio due to Pilfering Hydroid and Nekros, yet we are unable to obtain even 1 orokin cell per 10 5-wave dark sector defense, used to be ~4/5 runs would drop one, their droprate has gone down too much and too consistantly to be mere bad luck.

In terms of integrating Parkour 2.0 into gameplay, can we expect to be able to employ Parkour 2.0 on existing tilesets, and can we expect some new tiles that encourage/reward us for employing our new moves?  Excited!

...and you know I always want to know if we'll be able to key bind emotes and if yes, when ;-)

Will the good old awesome NVIDIA PhysX effects come back? 

There are only a few things now in Warframe that uses it now. (Capture target, very few abilities) :(

I'm pretty sure that majority of the NVIDIA users would prefer PhysX over the Warframe's particle system...

2.)  Can we get a kubrow wheel for our poor companions?

Totally pictured one of those hamster-wheels that the kubrows could run around in XD But hey, that could be good too? Exercise those frozen fuzzballs once in a while.

Question: Have you or anyone else ever suggested changing the names of these threads from "Coming Soon:" to "Coming Soon:"?

[DE], you have my permission.

Are the tilesets going to be altered to better accommodate Parkour 2.0 or is Parkour 2.0 being designed with the older tilesets in mind?

This question please.

Also, can we leave the wall fling in? Because jumps off of walls don't have the distance required for advanced speed parkouring.

Let me go find that lemur...

Edit:

LsDZz4o.gif

Edited by SoonTM

Will the charge attacks be implemented into the current stance system or will it be it's own attack.  Glaives currently have Charger attack built-in as their own combos.  Any chance we can see that in Parkour 2.0?  I heard mention it in a couple Devstreams ago.  Also, any idea we might get a Nikana Daisho( Dual Nikana) like the one Teshin wields?

You've repeatedly stated that you want to avoid player burnout that comes as a result of excessive grinding. However, you've nerfed preferred Loot Cave group compositions, notably adding variations on Line of Sight/Awareness to Excalibur's Radial Javelin, presumably because you wanted to discourage devolving the game into one-button loot piñatas. So why is the use of Desecrate as a method to simply create loot still considered acceptable? There is a widespread conception that Nekros players are simply “Desecrate-bots”, despite the value of his other powers, and your own By the Numbers data supports this.

Daggers are too short for stealth play (losing the stealth bonus if you get too close to an enemy) and oddly slow for practical use, Scythes are left behind by other heavy melee and polearms. Are there any immediate plans to address non-Berserker/non-Heavy weapons?

Are augments simply intended to add to the fun factor, or instead to make abilities endgame viable? Presently it's a mix of both, with the latter set removing most demand for the former, and creating a grindwall to improve weak abilities* and weapons.

* Damage-focused abilities like Psychic Bolts and Ice Wave have no scaling features without an Augment; this creates a reputation barrier to use those skills effectively in endgame.

What's the one-sentence summary of Parkour 2.0's design goals? E.g. "Speed comes from skill", "Smooth traversal for everyone", "Endless wire fu BS".

Will Parkour 2.0 have a similar skill floor and skill ceiling to the existing system?

Several streams ago you mentioned that stamina would come under the microscope as part of Parkour 2.0. Are you far enough along to say what's become of it? What job does it have?

Can you describe a little the process of taking a parkour maneuver or melee combo from raw concept to implementation? Who all has a hand in its development and what's their role?

AI rework please?

We've been fighting enemies that run right into our bullets for too long. Also, we still have mobs that run in circles doing nothing.

Thrown weapons rework? here's a suggestion: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/436542-throwable-weapons-suggestion/

Have you consider doing a train based mission? suggestions: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/450984-new-type-of-missions-and-a-raid-idea/

Edited by Zaniux

Will parkour 2.0 be extended to larger bosses (Lephantis, Vay Hek, Nef Anyo, Jackal revamp if any, J-3 golem on the ground etc) that are capable of being stood upon/wall running/climbed on where there would be special attacks able to be performed on them?

I think this would add more immersion into fighting the larger bosses so its less of a bullet sponge fight and more of fight that feels like you're actually doing something substantial to the boss rather than just shooting it for a straight minute

I wanted to know you, what do you think where the direction in which the Cephalon Simaris will end up? 
Simaris lately, it has been given the luxury of: delay delivery of the story, to invade our personal space and to leave us with only transmutation mods and some "encrypted lore parts" as long-term reward to keep us helping him ...

Serious, you have something for him in medium term? Because I have nothing more to do with it beyond catch his essential targets, without any sense of accomplishment, because we need to wait for 2-3 weeks for the lore, anyway

from me, I consider that it could offer "Hunter tools", so while we do the work for him, he offers something under this thematic for us to do something for ourselves and for him

This topic is more focused on rewards, but standing a good thing to have a better idea what I'm talking about:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/447604-suggestion-for-new-things-to-the-cephalon-simaris/?p=4975387

Edited by Zeyez