Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Invisibility & Melee (Red Damage Numbers)

Namacyst

^^ big numbers.

i see at least 1 red (withing the web of numbers) per shot with my shotgun. and i think its just a super crit or it bypassed thier armor rating 100% in that spot. i carry a hefty ap shotgun so thats what i think

Yea, i have sometimes red numbers from random range weapons too. And im sure red crits > yellow crits, thats all i know. And cant remember red numbers when i shot\attacked front.

Edited by supernova1337

I'm betting they're critical crits. Like, if it's a 7% chance to crit and it crits, it'll roll another 100 sided die and if it comes up 1-7 it'll crit on top of the first critical hit, resulting in red numbers. It'd probably come up more often on Loki while invisible because it's already guaranteed crits so any normal crit would get bumped up to a critical crit.

If that's confusing, basically imagine a 100-sided die rolled twice. If your critical chance is 5% (base) and both times that die comes up as a number equal to or less than 5, you get red numbers and super damage.

That's my guess, anyway.

I dont understand how they change something that like this in a patch (red colored damage) and we have to guess what ti means :P

Why isnt this in the patch notes? Or if its unintended, wheres the official dev post about this being a bug?

The devs have mentioned that melee gets an autoimatic crit on unaware enemies.

unaware does not necessarily mean BEHIND the enemy. so it shoudl not be confused with backstabing.

The real problem is there is little to no way to know when an enemy is actually unaware of us.

certainly there are other ways to get crits and I'm not sure the color coding on what is a crita nd what is an armor peiced attacks...

but crits on unsuspecting foes is confimed.

But crits are yellow... we talk Red here and the Red damage seems to be way higher than normal crits.

exactly. Thats why its confusing. lol

It makes me wonder if regular crits and stealthy crits are a different color.

I mean Id like an asnwer too...Im was saying what we know so far.

Ok so i was spamming the Infested Defence mission in Jupiter with my Excalibur. Whenever i used Radial Blind on a bunch of mobs and started doing melee normal swings with my Heat Sword, every 2 of 5 attacks were red crits of 300-700. So i tried this out for 10 missions and everytime the Red numbers showed up when the enemies were blinded by Radial Blind and were attacked with melee attacks.

All were Blind and only ~25% of the attacks made Red Super-duper-crits... that would suggest that there is a 25% chance that an unaware enemy is killed instantly and the red number is that high so it is enough damage to do so.. OR a regular crit on unaware enemys is autmatically a Red damage and you only hit ~25% Red because thats your crit value. One should test it again and see if there are still yellow crits besides Red on blinded (unaware enemys).. i'm lacking a Excalibur WF so i can't do it myself.

Edited by Namacyst

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure but I've seen the red numbers quite often and only when I do melee attacks. Some of these I've seen pop up on enemies running at me but every case I have noticed whatever I hit died instantly. Also I can'r recall ever seeing the red numbers from a charge attack they've only appeared doing normal melee strikes.

I always see the red numbers with charge attacks

OK, enough waffling conjecture. Please, PLEASE would someone on the dev team just let us know exactly what the red numbers denote? They have started appearing for me too (during melee engagements) and after reading through all 3 pages of posts I can't help but picture the dev crew cracking up at us a we stumble around in the dark looking for answers. Good one, guys, but it's been two weeks now and we're still pretty derp about the subject. Even a hint in the right direction would be nice!