Warframe Uninstalled Itself

I just had the same problem.
Copying the game folder to another computer doesn't work and gets ignored. The Launcher wants to download everything again.
The backup function from Steam is even worse. Not only will it not work but it will also destroy you current game files. So it creates exactly the opposite of a backup.

• 1 month later...

I hope this bumps the topic.

I just encountered this problem. I completed the first sortie for today (Rescue, against the Phorid's forces) and came back to the orbiter to find my FOV was wider than usual and with no UI. Most of the holograms like the market and solar map didn't appear and I was disconnected from my squad. I quite Warframe and found my internet was acting up too, so I restarted my computer. Upon loading Steam again and clicking Warframe in my recently played games, it prompted me to install Warframe.

I check my library and it's not there anymore, but under steamapps/common/, the Warframe folder is still there with the launcher and all with the full 12 gigabytes I remember.

Please help :T I hope this didn't delete anything else related to my account. Or my keybindings.

• 1 month later...

Had the same problem yesterday, only I don't use Steam.

When I tried to open the Launcher it said the file was no longer on my PC, as if uninstalled (even asked me if I wanted to remove the shortcut). Warframe didn't show at Control Painel either (even tought all files, including the Laucher, were all at their normal path destination). After reseting my PC a few times it worked. Warframe was the only program showing such error.

I'm thinking maybe it's a registry issue, idk ... I haven't changed/installed anything new on my PC. Have this happened to any of you? You guys any ideas ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 08/05/2015 at 4:10 PM, Changeintoatruck said:

Wanted to play Warframe today, tried to run it through steam and it's telling me I need to install it. Checked my control panel and it's not installed there either. I don't even know how this has happened? I was playing the game fine last night, turned laptop off and went to bed, tried to play it today and it's just...uninstalled itself?

I'm reinstalling it now, will post again if there's some other weird issue.

Happened to anyone else or?

Happened to me today wtf.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, lllKoyotelll said:

You are the Giveaways guy!

Yea, maybe my bank account hacked my pc and decided to uninstall warframe and save both my savings and my marriage?? 

Anyway, luckily I download at 12Mb/120mb so the game was up again in 20 minutes. 

It was very odd though! 

Edited by siralextraffo
12 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Yea, maybe my bank account hacked my pc and decided to uninstall warframe and save both my savings and my marriage?? 

Anyway, luckily I download at 12Mb/120mb so the game was up again in 20 minutes. 

It was very odd though! 

lol, nice to hear that. Hope DE can find what's causing this and fix it so it won't happen again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2015 at 8:10 AM, Changeintoatruck said:

Wanted to play Warframe today, tried to run it through steam and it's telling me I need to install it. Checked my control panel and it's not installed there either. I don't even know how this has happened? I was playing the game fine last night, turned laptop off and went to bed, tried to play it today and it's just...uninstalled itself?

I'm reinstalling it now, will post again if there's some other weird issue.

Happened to anyone else or?

this has happend to me twice now. the first time i ignored it, but now i think somthing may be wrong  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2016 at 8:58 AM, riedok said:

this has happend to me twice now. the first time i ignored it, but now i think somthing may be wrong  

just happened to me as well, Warframe disappeared from my steam games list, and when launched couldn't find the existing files. I manually checked the installation folder and tried to launch from there but both executables I saw told me to use the launcher instead, which was not to be found.  i had to download everything over again, luckily i have ridiculously speedy internets but that's still a pretty big issue to randomly pop up.