Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #52 Overview

AM-Bunny

Some removal of player choice and no longer being able to select what mission we want, when we want it.....and that makes for a better game experience.....how?

So far, removing player say in the ways they enjoy playing and bettering the experience just don't go in the same thought train.

So DE, do talk about it MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more before any doing this change. Unless you're going to offer something a little more free form such as the planets have one type of  mission node each and its level specific with a wider variety of map generations then please reconsider.

I don't want to play Spy 2.0, Rescue, Interception, or Capture due to my dislike of the nodes. Please don't think of forcing me to go play there. Unless you've got something awesome you're not talking about and how this all works, this could be the breaking point in my Warframe playing. I don't want to not have a game to play, but when you as a player get the very reasons that keep you coming back for more removed.....yeah. On pins and needles on this one.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

+1

Spy missions loot was the right step forward... 

Endless missions loot still need fixing and tweak but is getting there...

This idea of Starchart 3.0 is 3 steps backwards and a faceplant.

I forsee much more rage force than any other mistake DE has brewed in the past....

All I'm hoping is actual preview on this new starchart for clarity

Yes this toppic definitely needs clarity. Everyone is confused and making own assuptions what it's gonna be, thats not really helpful.

No it's not.

New players struggle or don't clear the star chart at all cause it's usually empty when they try to play, which is why they ask for taxi.

Still removal of player choice isn't the way to approach such an issue....

Yes this topic definitely needs clarity. Everyone is confused and making own assuptions what it's gonna be, thats not really helpful.

I hope so; I know DE has a track record of not being crystal clear on their intentions which always lead to much rage without a miss ...

A good example would be when U16 Quest for Chroma was release: no instructions on how Synthetic Scanning works which lead to confusion.

Edited by Fionntan

+1

Spy missions loot was the right step forward... 

Endless missions loot still need fixing and tweak but is getting there...

This idea of Starchart 3.0 is 3 steps backwards and a faceplant.

I forsee much more rage force than any other mistake DE has brewed in the past....

All I'm hoping is actual preview on this new starchart for clarity

I just hope you can still choose the mission.

But that you can do a random mission on the planet too and get a +20% drop increase or so?

We really needs to know more of this starchart rework.

Edited by counterflux

Concerning the Star chart i believe we need to have a rather extensive presentation of it before its released, so that the devs can answer/ask questions about it and together with the community see if they are on the right track with this overhaul. 

Players are concerned about the changes but some of the changes are good while others not so much. I do believe the devs want to improve this aspect of the game but i also believe they should work with the community so it actually works and turns out to be a welcome change, not another fluke.

It kinda makes me nervous to think what their council has planned. =/

Also it's YIN & YANG.

Not Ying.

Still removal of player choice isn't the way to approach such an issue....

Hey if it means saving the game and making the nodes active to help new players progress and stay in the game as long as we have, then the sacrifice is totally worth it.

Edited by Zarozian

Some removal of player choice and no longer being able to select what mission we want, when we want it.....and that makes for a better game experience.....how?

I think they are going with a save us from ourselves mentality(think void trader). If Draco is no longer a static mission type people won't constantly farm it. This will force people out into the starchart to play other mission types against other factions. I am cautiously optimistic.

So far, removing player say in the ways they enjoy playing and bettering the experience just don't go in the same thought train.

I think the line of thinking is that there's basically 95% of the game's content goes unplayed. Of course this is a consequence of the reward structure, convenience, etc, but that's how it is. After implementing this change, players will be forced to play a variety of mission modes and tilesets, because that's all that's available. Of course there will be some pain adjusting to the new system, but the hope is that gameplay won't be so mundane and monotonous when you are constantly playing varied content.

Additionally, new players have trouble traversing the ghost-town-that-is the-the current starchart, and reducing it to 20 nodes should help them make it through more easily as well. Hopefully each of the 20 nodes will be regularly populated so it will be easy to find parties, if you so choose.

Of course it's only natural to focus on "what we lose" with this change, but think about it from a clean, blank, perspective and ask yourself if this is a better model.

I think they are going with a save us from ourselves mentality(think void trader). If Draco is no longer a static mission type people won't constantly farm it. This will force people out into the starchart to play other mission types against other factions. I am cautiously optimistic.

For people like me, who have never done anything on Draco (unless it was needed to press onward), this is not appealing. I play with a friend, we like to exterminate, sabotage, defense and survival. It's two of us. We tend to avoid anything that needs 4 people. So if they're trying to discourage people from camping and such, it punishes those of us that run nodes for pure enjoyment. We're not heavy farmers.

I personally don't find it a better model if I have to play what I avoid like the plague due to distaste in the node style. As mentioned, I play mostly for pure enjoyment, not 'gotta catch them all' player. I like my goodies and all, but they're not my drive. So yeah, this type of change is more scary than optimistic.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Hey if it means saving the game and making the nodes active to help new players progress and stay in the game as long as we have, then the sacrifice is totally worth it.

The way I read it seems more like it'll deter new players instead b/c if they want to do specific mat farm/mission its at mercy of RNGebus...

If that's the case, either folks will leave said node until they get the mission they want or not bother doing it. 

Again, all we can hope is a presentation on their vision of this 3.0 revamp for clarity. 

Edited by Fionntan

The way I read it seems more like it'll deter new players instead b/c if they want to do specific mat farm/mission its at mercy of RNGebus...

If that's the case, either folks will leave said node until they get the mission they want or not bother doing it. 

Again, all we can hope is a presentation on their vision of this 3.0 revamp for clarity. 

To me it's more like giving more of a reason to do those nodes again and going back to it to farm it like it's Xini back in the day for short periods of time as if it's an alert. 

Well this is BS ...

• There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall

Some people use different frames for different mission types. So now no one will need any frame but one all covering type.

There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall

This is bad. Very, very bad. Certain frames are not well suited to certain missions, so making the mission you get to go on a complete shot in the dark could have extremely harsh ramifications. Frames geared more to defending one position (Frost, Vauban) are going to feel it the most, as they come loaded up to defend a position and they get a mobile mission type with much faster, more versatile frames. In the worst case scenario, this could kill some frames because they can't adapt to the randomized mission types.

Every time this condensed starchart idea comes up, I look forward to it less and less. I'm at the point of dread.

There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall

This is really bad , feel like I'll have to quit alot of party to get playing what I really want ... also still nothing for Supra?

Everyone who defends the new starchart on the account of the new players, what happens once those new players aren't new?

So basically veteran players are getting shafted since we can't efficiently play the game and making missions we want craftable is NOT the correct choice