Wait what? An Excalibur buff? 

tumblr_m31rfa1JJo1qd8tfx.gif

Yay, yay! Whoo!

Edited by Karukiku
  • Upvote 54

What an astute observation! Sometimes all it takes is a few steps back to go, 'oh, yeah, l-o-l.' With this in place, I think blind enemies will be more fun~ :3

• Upvote 1

- blind enemies will fire weapons without regard for friendly units that may be in the way (sadly no team-damage, though)

Considering how this is somewhat of a nerf due to blinded enemies now actually firing at you, maybe some reconsideration should be taken on this part to balance it out.

I would love to see a Sniper Crewman hit a Moa in the battery pack by accident.

Edited by Nitresco
  • Upvote 31

Considering how this is somewhat of a nerf due to blinded enemies now actually firing at you, maybe some reconsideration should be taken on this part to balance it out.

I would love to see a Sniper Crewman hit a Moa in the battery pack by accident.

It's not a nerf. It's just an attempt to make a melee oriented frame incentivise melee more, although I wouldn't be opposed to this.

• Upvote 3

sounds great. disappoint that they won't be able to attack each other randomly, but this sounds pretty good as it stands.

Nice! One question, though: Will they still shoot at you when your weapon is silenced?

• Upvote 9

blind enemies will attack nearby targets using sounds to guide where they think the enemy is

- blind enemies will fire weapons without regard for friendly units that may be in the way (sadly no team-damage, though)

This kinda sucks

I mean, now enemies will actually get a chance to hit you, which kinda sucks

• Upvote 10

Nice! One question, though: Will they still shoot at you when your weapon is silenced?

Based on sound would mean no, same as how Loki is not spotted when using silenced weaponry.

• Upvote 4

Will this at all effect enemy behavior vs invisible Tenno?

If not, any plans to look at that? I haven't played Submarine Loki seriously in quite a while. Forgive me if that's already been improved.

From watching the video, what I felt was missing were some new animations to go along with it. They act too calm for someone who's blinded and guiding themselves through sound. Perhaps more "panic-y" attack and idle animations would be in order. Those would really make this change shine, I think.

• Upvote 27

Question : Will they still be subject to the 4x stealth damage multiplier? And is the multiplier gone when they're shooting at what they think to be the Tenno(judging from the sounds they hear)?

Edited by Knightmare047
  • Upvote 6

Based on sound would mean no, same as how Loki is not spotted when using silenced weaponry.

Right you are, I missed that part. It's late. ;)

blind enemies will attack nearby targets using sounds to guide where they think the enemy is

This kinda sucks

I mean, now enemies will actually get a chance to hit you, which kinda sucks

I think they should at least have their accuracy decreased while blinded.

• Upvote 21

From watching the video, what I felt was missing were some new animations to go along with it. They act too calm for someone who's blinded and guiding themselves through sound. Perhaps more "panic-y" attack and idle animations would be in order. Those would really make this change shine, I think.

Function before aesthetic I always say 

Edited by ToxicTroublermaker

Function before aesthetic I always say 

Of course, but I think it's definitely something that should go on the "to-do" list.

• Upvote 6

So, while we're discussing radial blind, these changes will affect all abilities with blinding if I have understood it correctly?

Wait what? An Excalibur buff? 

tumblr_m31rfa1JJo1qd8tfx.gif

Yay, yay! Whoo!

What? where do you see a buff? There gonna shoot even when there blind this is a nerf.

• Upvote 7