Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blind Behaviors

[DE]Glen

I was playing my fresh Xbox One account last weekend and I finally figured out what it was about Radial Blind that I found so odd: after being blinded the enemies would still run around and navigate the environment. As a console-casual I found this particularly frustrating because it makes the enemies harder to hit.

I discussed this with the design guys on Monday and I agreed to do what should have been a 15 minute job: make blinded enemies stop running to cover if they're blind (ie: stop and shoot wildly instead). Unfortunately once I started looking at the behaviour of blind enemies I noticed more things I couldn't ignore. Between other tasks I made a few more changes today to make blinded enemies a little bit more interesting:

In the next update:

- blind enemies will no longer run to cover (miraculously maneuvering around obstacles)

- blind enemies will no longer lob grenades with pin-point accuracy (for now they will not throw grenades at all; safety first)

- blind enemies will forget about the all-consuming desire to run to the defense pod no matter how badly they want stand next to it and kiss it

- blind enemies will attack nearby targets using sounds to guide where they think the enemy is

- blind enemies will fire weapons without regard for friendly units that may be in the way (sadly no team-damage, though)

- blind enemies will fire weapons without regard for friendly units that may be in the way (sadly no team-damage, though)

Considering how this is somewhat of a nerf due to blinded enemies now actually firing at you, maybe some reconsideration should be taken on this part to balance it out.

I would love to see a Sniper Crewman hit a Moa in the battery pack by accident.

Edited by Nitresco

Considering how this is somewhat of a nerf due to blinded enemies now actually firing at you, maybe some reconsideration should be taken on this part to balance it out.

I would love to see a Sniper Crewman hit a Moa in the battery pack by accident.

It's not a nerf. It's just an attempt to make a melee oriented frame incentivise melee more, although I wouldn't be opposed to this.

blind enemies will attack nearby targets using sounds to guide where they think the enemy is

This kinda sucks

I mean, now enemies will actually get a chance to hit you, which kinda sucks

Will this at all effect enemy behavior vs invisible Tenno?

If not, any plans to look at that? I haven't played Submarine Loki seriously in quite a while. Forgive me if that's already been improved.

From watching the video, what I felt was missing were some new animations to go along with it. They act too calm for someone who's blinded and guiding themselves through sound. Perhaps more "panic-y" attack and idle animations would be in order. Those would really make this change shine, I think.

blind enemies will attack nearby targets using sounds to guide where they think the enemy is

This kinda sucks

I mean, now enemies will actually get a chance to hit you, which kinda sucks

I think they should at least have their accuracy decreased while blinded.

From watching the video, what I felt was missing were some new animations to go along with it. They act too calm for someone who's blinded and guiding themselves through sound. Perhaps more "panic-y" attack and idle animations would be in order. Those would really make this change shine, I think.

Function before aesthetic I always say 

Edited by ToxicTroublermaker