Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blind Behaviors

[DE]Glen

Here's how blind capture targets behave after the changes:

And to people worried about the enemies shooting blind I think you can relax:

I'm not sure but I think the firing sounds of their teammates are actually confusing them!

Finally -- if you plan on using blinding powers a lot it might be better to bring a Kubrow instead of a sentinel -- tactical choices!

But now Bombards will blow your face up if you try to melee and there's that 1 douchebag enemy out there who isn't blinded...still a massive nerf.

Is it too much to ask for them not to throw grenades or move but also not attack ?

Edited by CTanGod

I'm not sure but I think the firing sounds of their teammates are actually confusing them!

Finally -- if you plan on using blinding powers a lot it might be better to bring a Kubrow instead of a sentinel -- tactical choices!

Lovely!

This is what we want as smarter and better AI!

Looking forward to more tweaks!

---

---

Glen, you have so much more insight then all the other dev's who are simply and blindly nerfing and breaking all the game, in so many instances and on so many features.

VOTE GLEN FOR DIRECTOR OF DE!

there was  a thread I talked about this last week and the op  thought I knew nothing about modding for radial blind. I'm glad that you've experienced this first hand but I guess its not limited to pc only as you were on console. it acts like nekros's terrify, where the enemies would have the feature of the ability shrouded around them while running away/to cover.

and from my understanding blind comes with stun which supposed to lock the affected  where they stand for the allotted time its supposed to last when modded for max duration.

OMG did you even read it? They will shoot at you when you shoot NERF.

Enemy: OMG did you hear that?! Shots from that direction! Shot there!

Excalibur: Its not like I will just stand in the same place all the time while I shoot, I'm not that stupid.... OR AM I?!?!?!

I will wait for when blinded enemies damage each another like while in Chaos.

No offense, but this was the worst problem with Excalibur???

Seriously, first the "look other way" nerf, now this supposedly "buff". Why does the RB matter so much, when there abilities way more powerful or too weak? Especially, why we keep changing RB when players like it as it was.

Cool stuff, though one thing that I thought of that bothers me a little. 

What about bombards and other seeking weapon enemies?  Do their tracking rockets still home in on you while blinded? 

Ye gads, that'd be bad. 

There's a poem in there somewhere, I just can't quite do it. 

Glen could you by any chance show how this blind change works with corrupted bombards? I am very curious how it would work with random bombard missiles flying around since they seem to have some homing/curving ability. Especially if going melee would be the best alternative, I'd like to just see how it would play out with teammates shooting around, bombards trying to shoot at them, and an excalibur trying to attack the bombard melee mode.

Then use your melee? Powers? Silenced weapons? All of these things will prevent them attacking you back, Some way to try down play an immersion boost.

The problem being is that I dont want to run into a level 50 corrupted butcher and melee him so that his heavy gunner buddy doesn't hear me, I dont want to waste a mod slot just so I can silence a tonkor, and this is Excalibur, which power will kill them? If I use a finisher all of them will know where I am because of all of the gun fire will allow them to know where I am because of my team mates

Also the gunfire from allies team mates will let them know I'm there

Edited by Amethyst.zero

This does open up the Radiant Finish Augment to be re-purposed into some sort of friendly-fire addition, if the coming Excalibur buffs make it redundant in its current state.

I am worried that Bombards would still fire blindly, and then have their rockets automatically home in on the player even though they weren't locked on. I would imagine an appropriate behavior for them would be to immediately ground slam (in a panic, and avoiding making RB a melee god-mode), then refrain from firing at all, specific to Bombards, or any other homing projectile enemies if I have forgotten them.

A couple questions though, will they still try to activate alarms? And how does the AI sound detection interact with multiple enemies fighting each other, such as Invasions or with Radiation procs?

Edited by Kthal

I like these changes, but if Radial Blind works as a flashbang / stun granade, it should blind and stun enemies. If someone throw at you a stun granade you will not only be blinded, but your ears will whistle and hurt and you'll fall on the ground due to loss of balance. 

Radial Blind should work as a stun granade:

- Every enemy who's hit by the power should be both blinded and stunned (not the normal stun, a nes animation who represent their disorientation, see below);

- Every enemy hit by the power should be disoriented: he/she shouldn't be able to ear anything due do the explosion, nor able to stay up, or move, shot a gun or do anything else for a while. They should only fall on the ground trying to take cover from incoming fire (that they don't know from wheree it comes because they can't ear or see anything) crawling;

- After that, every enemy hit by the power should be both blinded both deafened, unable to ear any noise or see anything for a while;

Agreed, in most part, except stun. Actually, Radial Blind not only light, there should be a shock wave behind a light. So, it will disable some senses, like vision and hearing with disorientation, and will not matter look them on light or no, enemy still should be affected (again, not matter aware them about you or you about them), to avoid Radial Blind enemies should be fully covered by walls or some massive object.

Enemy: OMG did you hear that?! Shots from that direction! Shot there!

Excalibur: Its not like I will just stand in the same place all the time while I shoot, I'm not that stupid.... OR AM I?!?!?!

I will wait for when blinded enemies damage each another like while in Chaos.

But he stated they is no friendly damage, its not gonna be like chaos there not gonna shot each other. He was using small burst of fire not constant fire. I'd like to see how they react to constant fire. Will they be able to plot your exact location while your moving and shooting?

To Glen: Forgive me if this has been brought up in this thread already; I don't have time to read the entire thing just yet, but; 

Have you tried altering Radial Blind to do a Radiation Proc? That would turn on friendly fire which would achieve the intended affect of blinded enemies becoming a liability to each other as they fire madly in a panic. 

If that's considered too powerful consider shipping an augment mod that does this. 'Cause I want it. 

Remember guys, this is radial blind. Not radial Flash Bang. Heck, They are blind. Not stunned, they should be able to do things.

I'm all for this change, and any other changes they have in store like this. It makes the enemy A.I. Seem decent. Which, is something badly needed in Warframe.

Now if we can just nerf all the knock down spamming enemies and instead give enemies A.I. buffs to make them harder. Mmm. I'd love that.

I was wondering if you could have this work into stealth as well? If I go invisible and use a silent weapon like Dread while still in that room, the enemy still knows exactly where I am, but the "invisible" status that your frame is under just seems to keep them from attacking you, but none of their actual awareness has been affected in any way. 

EDIT: Upon testing this further, I think I understand why they "see" you even when you're invisible. If you hit someone while you're invisible, even in stealth, the enemy will run in the direction that you fired from. If you hit a target and then proc them with something like slash damage, it treats each tick as a hit, and the enemy will seem to follow you when its not really actually following you, just your last position at the time of each tick.

Edited by (PS4)VariantX7

EDIT: Upon testing this further, I think I understand why they "see" you even when you're invisible. If you hit someone while your invisible, even in stealth, the enemy will run in the direction that you fired from. If you hit a target and them proc them with something like slash damage, it treats each tick as a hit and the enemy will seem to follow you when its not really actually following you, just your last position at the time of each tick.

That another one strange behavior... if they don't hear and don't see, then almost impossible to triangulate your position, after this, their ability to track your movement for 20-30 seconds, when you invisible, through many rooms, to perfectly one shot you with single grenade, at some moment, looks absolutely ridiculous.

This is impressive.  Thank you [DE] Glen

This is a buff for every mission type that isn't Interception.

Mission types that require you to move around = must easier when the enemies arent scrambling around themselves.

So overall, this is a fantastic change.

And thank you DE for this buff to Excal. Especially right before he's apparently going to be completely redesigned.

One thing I do worry about is Bombards and Napalms.

For example, if I blind a Napalm, and it fires at a sound I make, and its glob hits a teammate, could that be considered griefing? To purposely make Napalms and Bombards hit teammates or the defense pod?

Of course we don't know how it works yet but I certainly hope theres a long delay on when Bombards/Napalms use their primary weapons after they've been blinded. Enemy accuracy obviously is way down after they've been blinded, as shown by the other two videos Glenn uploaded.

But Napalms and Bombards have never really needed accuracy to knock a Tenno's ! clear out da sky.

Edited by Kruglov