Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blind Behaviors

[DE]Glen

~snip~

Finally -- if you plan on using blinding powers a lot it might be better to bring a Kubrow instead of a sentinel -- tactical choices!

Only problem with the above Glen: Kubrow attacks are not considered silent. Kubrow attacks will also break invis from Loki, and enemies can freely shoot @ them accurately.

Those two bugs have been brought up several times before (and atleast once by myself).

Here's how blind capture targets behave after the changes:

And to people worried about the enemies shooting blind I think you can relax:

I'm not sure but I think the firing sounds of their teammates are actually confusing them!

Finally -- if you plan on using blinding powers a lot it might be better to bring a Kubrow instead of a sentinel -- tactical choices!

*hnnnnnnng*

God damn, [DE]Glen, this chance looks so good!

In the next update:

- blind enemies will no longer run to cover (miraculously maneuvering around obstacles)

- blind enemies will no longer lob grenades with pin-point accuracy (for now they will not throw grenades at all; safety first)

- blind enemies will forget about the all-consuming desire to run to the defense pod no matter how badly they want stand next to it and kiss it

- blind enemies will attack nearby targets using sounds to guide where they think the enemy is

- blind enemies will fire weapons without regard for friendly units that may be in the way (sadly no team-damage, though)

- Why not run for cover? That is what I would do, if I am blinded,

- Strange, grenades was the least of my problems with RB

- not sure what the third point means, sorry

- based on the video, they have pinpoint accuracy still, but ok that maybe changed

- not relevant where they shoot really

So to recap: RB won't work on enemies happening to be behind cover when using it, for the rest I am supposed to go in with melee weapon??? Ah yes, they won't throw grenades, hit me if I use a loud weapon. Hmmm...

Try that at level 30+ enemies and try again.

RB is way too weak, especially  compare to other AOE powers, but this is nothing knew I assume....

Edited by ---Excalibur---

How are you going to run to cover if you are blind, exactly? Sonar? 

Touching the walls, throwing myself on the ground, etc.

Last thing I would do is stand and fire around blindly in the middle of a fight.

Edited by ---Excalibur---

Excuse me sir Glen, I'd like to ask.
Will this affect other blinds too or just Excalibur(Mesa's #2 Muzzle flash augment).
And for clarification purposes(which I don't know if you're responsible for that area too), can you please add a counter to know if the surrounding enemies are still affected? or a status under their hp to clarify if the enemy is "blinded"

Touching the walls, throwing myself on the ground, etc.

Last thing I would do is stand and fire around blindly in the middle of a fight.

People say a lot of things they'll do in situations, then when it happens, they're too panicked to think and will do the first thing that comes to mind.

If a super-human ninja that's known for slaughtering whole armies basically either by itself or in simple squads of four, and you suddenly were blinded, wouldn't you panic? You're not going to stop and take a few calm seconds to think, you're going to REACT.

Sorry, but what you say seems highly unrealistic as it is.

I'm not sure but I think the firing sounds of their teammates are actually confusing them!

Well, I'm happy that I'm not going to get one-shot anymore by random grenades. And by the way I saw in the second vid, it looks like the 4x stealth damage multiplier is still there even after they've started shooting, or was that your Tipedo's crit?(If it's the former, then I'm a happy chappy :D ).

One more question : Will this change affect the Radiant Finish augment in any way?

Edited by Knightmare047

SInce when is Warframe about realism, please....

Either way, RB remains a low level power.

Tired of this argument; people routinely confuse realism with logic. If something wants to be taken seriously it needs to take place in a world that is governed by rules. A mage might be able to do something supernatural like shoot fire from their hands, but we'd still expect the result of that fire to behave as fire does. Warframe follows similar logic. 

And if I saw a Grineer or Corpus blindly fumbling or "feeling" their way towards cover I would not hesitate to put a sword in the back of their spine. Not that it necessarily matters what you would do as you are not the genetic template for the Grineer. Most people who are suddenly blinded with the knowledge that an insane demi-god is bearing down on them are probably going to realistically panic. 

This plus the radial blind tweaks coming with excal's rework seems like it may have CC potential than I initially thought. If it works right it will definitely give more of an incentive to go melee.

They're blind, not deaf. Enemy guns sound different.

You know maybe Banshee, and Excalibur should be allowed to work together in tandem to BLIND, and DEAFEN their foes. That way they can't see nor can they shoot at all since they can't hear the gunfire.

This should be a thing. Is it a thing already? Has someone tried using silence, and radial blind at the same time to see if they react?

- blind enemies will forget about the all-consuming desire to run to the defense pod no matter how badly they want stand next to it and kiss it

Will this extend to other objectives? As in they won't capture a node in interception or go arfter the console in mobile defense.

Edited by Postal_pat

Wai-wai-wai-wai-wait.

DE nerfed RB with LOS and "if the enemy notices you" because they thought RB was too OP and now some other DE dude is saying that RB is all weak like clock radio speakers?

You better talk to Boss Grineer aka Scott before you start promising stuff your tail cant cash. 

But if you do get this done......

Can you give people the option to keep the original Excalibur powers when his stuff is changed?

Have two Cals, Classic Cal and sword twirling cal.

You know maybe Banshee, and Excalibur should be allowed to work together in tandem to BLIND, and DEAFEN their foes. That way they can't see nor can they shoot at all since they can't hear the gunfire.

This should be a thing. Is it a thing already? Has someone tried using silence, and radial blind at the same time to see if they react?

This combo exists currently, though I've not personally done it as Banshees in the wild are as rare to me as unicorn farts. Radial Blind removes their vision and Silence removes their hearing, leaving many enemies completely disconnected from their surroundings. If you have a Silence Banshee running around near blinded enemies, you should be completely able to fire the loudest weapons imaginable and they will be unable to tell.

95% on this one, as I've not encountered it personally. I'm always lax to present these things as 100% fact if I have not encountered it first-hand.

-snip-

unless you're AFKFarming, you have good reason to be moving around all the time. shooting will not be the death of you if you're moving around.

Enemies will still be aiming somewhat behind you, as they're tracking your recent position from sound, not current position.

there not gonna shot each other.

er.

Glen clearly explained that Enemies will shoot at any sound source, friendly or not. they can't Damage their friends currently, but they will shoot at anything and everything.

- based on the video, they have pinpoint accuracy still, but ok that maybe changed

- not relevant where they shoot really

So to recap: RB won't work on enemies happening to be behind cover when using it, for the rest I am supposed to go in with melee weapon??? Ah yes, they won't throw grenades, hit me if I use a loud weapon. Hmmm...

Try that at level 30+ enemies and try again.

their Guns still shoot straight, yes... being blind doesn't mean you can't hear. you can triangulate based off of sound very well. have you ever listened to correctly set up Stereo / Surround Sound? you can accurately pick out where something is coming from.

welcome to the grand spectacularness of the Human Ear.

i'll certainly test myself as i'd be curious as well, but i'd imagine Enemies already in cover would be forced out of it as they already were since they were forced to stand up and stay still for a few seconds.

they'll shoot vaguely toward your position while Blinded... it will only be accurate if you're trying to AFKFarm. you're supposed to be using mobility in Warframe - Enemies aiming at recent locational instances of sound from the Player rather than directly at them... means they'll be shooting behind you if you're moving.

this assumes they'll only shoot at you ofcourse, their Friends nearby will attract attention as well. you're being a drama queen.

- - - - - 

i think i'll have to agree, i'm curious as to how Enemies such as Bombards will work now. i would like them to shoot Dumbfire when Blinded, shooting towards sound signatures, but unable to Lock On because they can't see.

not activating any Security Panels or things like that also sounds good. i don't know about you, but if i can't see a computer screen, it's pretty difficult to navigate most interfaces.

It's a buff and nerf at the same time I guess.

On one hand, now you are eligible to be shot. Prior, if the enemy was blinded, no matter what, they wouldn't shoot you. Now there is a chance you could die by that level 60 blinded Bombard or whoever. Also, according to Glen (if I understand this correctly) no more Stealth Dmg Multiplier (?).

On the other hand, it's a buff in the realism department since a.) they won't miraculously be able to run to cover (excuse me Mr. Grineer, how did you know that crate 30 meters away was even there? You're blind!) & b.) they will follow the sound of your gun & shoot at the position they heard you firing from. Cool.

Overall, I'm OK with the change I suppose (mostly because my main primary is the Dread, which is silent, & I mostly melee anyway). However, I'm not to keen on the removal of the Dmg Multiplier on blinded enemies (again, if that's the case). 

Edited by Rexlars

Wai-wai-wai-wai-wait.

DE nerfed RB with LOS and "if the enemy notices you" because they thought RB was too OP and now some other DE dude is saying that RB is all weak like clock radio speakers?

You better talk to Boss Grineer aka Scott before you start promising stuff your tail cant cash. 

But if you do get this done......

Can you give people the option to keep the original Excalibur powers when his stuff is changed?

Have two Cals, Classic Cal and sword twirling cal.

Sir, either you do not read or your eyes are blind (hue the pun).

It's a BUFF.

They'll hit you only if you stand around brain dead blasting your Boltor Primes.