Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerenax

Heavy Caliber Affects Dera, Ogris, Miter And Torid Abnormally. [Screenshots]]

A max rank Heavy Caliber mod will cause losses of 93% and higher on the accuracy stat of Dera, Ogris, Miter and Torid. Those 4 weapons are pinpoint accurate when unmodded, but with a Heavy Caliber on they become inaccurate to the point where they are incapable of hitting a target 15m away. This heavily deviates from the standard for every other weapon in the game where a max rank Heavy Caliber only causes a loss of ~50% of the weapon's accuracy.

Unmodded Dera (100 accuracy):

ie0oj1J.jpg

Dera with Heavy Cal (7.2 accuracy):

Dj9w6j5.jpg

Unmodded Miter (100 accuracy):

IIC3g23.jpg

Miter with Heavy Cal (5.3 accuracy):

I0NjQkW.jpg

Unmodded Ogris (100 accuracy):

nzA3MNi.jpg

Ogris with Heavy Caliber (1.7 accuracy) :

40h91iG.jpg

Unmodded Torid (100 accuracy):

EAXib40.jpg

Torid with Heavy Caliber (2.7 accuracy):

OUbLMeL.jpg

The sheer loss of accuracy in the Ogris will cause rockets to deviate from the aiming reticle in angles of 35º.

ZDSBjsL.jpg

Have you only noticed it deviate that much when fully ranked (more then it should)? because I use a R6 or 7 HC on my torid (because I want the inaccuracy to spread shots out more) and its seems to match up fairly well.

Have you only noticed it deviate that much when fully ranked (more then it should)? because I use a R6 or 7 HC on my torid (because I want the inaccuracy to spread shots out more) and its seems to match up fairly well.

heavy cal is a misleading mod in general. on some weapons it barely even touches their accuracy while others (like the ones shown here) just get slammed. they honestly need to update a lot of mods to be more transparent instead of making players guess what nonsense the mods will actually do. 

heavy caliber works as intended, the tooltip is inaccurate, it actually decreases the accuracy based on the travel time of the weapon, ogris is slow, torid is slow, all weapons listed are not hitscan.

Any weapons that have travel time will have bigger accuracy difference compared to hitscan weapons. Prove me wrong, I DARE YOU!

heavy caliber works as intended, the tooltip is inaccurate, it actually decreases the accuracy based on the travel time of the weapon, ogris is slow, torid is slow, all weapons listed are not hitscan.

Any weapons that have travel time will have bigger accuracy difference compared to hitscan weapons. Prove me wrong, I DARE YOU!

not going to bother to try since the mod has no transparency. your findings could just be a coincidence for all you know lol also, flux rifle and lanka are outliers to your theory. the flux is hitscan, but goes from 100 to 16.8. lanka is projectile, but goes from 100 to 27 which means the accuracy doesn't suffer enough to hurt the long range capability any more than what it already suffers for being projectile. 

I'm also confused. Does anyone know the maths with heavy caliber?... Or maybe an official reply from the dev. Ty

Boltor Prime's actual accuracy is basically unaffected despite being a non-hitscan weapon. That should prove you wrong.

"100" is not real number - its just show "maximum" condition

it fact max accuracy is "56" if i remember correctly

so.. try math with "56" again

PS. also many parameters are ambiguous

for example you dont see "Recoil" (which is logicaly part of accuracy..)

and stuff like this : \

This sucks. I don't exactly know what causes the problem, but I'm suffering from it with my Dera. S#&$t needs to get fixed!

I just realised how good a weapon the Torid can be but it's not usuable with heavy caliber. Totally random spread, while not modded it shoots exactly where you aim.

The BoltorP's accuracy IS effected by HC. The projectile flight speed, however, is quite high so the amount of degradation isn't particularly egregious.

"Instead of reducing the accuracy by 5% per rank, each rank increases spread by a specific percent per rank depending on the weapon. This effectively reduces accuracy, but may reduce it by greater than 5% per rank." - that how its works.

As strange as that is It's working as intended.

Also why isn't Panthera on your list? it goes from 100 to roughly 22 (or was it 25?), which is still pretty accurate until you stick a split chamber on it. Just Heavy Cal on the panthera is still pretty accurate, but once you add split chamber the shots shots goes off to the sides even if the extra shot from split chamber doesn't go off. 

Has anyone else seen someone shoot their own face with an Ogris before? Because this is why I never liked that gun. No joke, I was looking right at the Tenno as they fired: the rocket spawned pointed directly at their face, barely cleared the barrel (this was with the old, boxy model), and pasted them right in the kisser. I laughed, then never touched that gun again.

All of these weapons are justly destroyed by HC. Ogris, for example, sees an immense buff from it, so it should also come with a depressing accuracy value because you are playing with a bloody corrupted mod after all. Only thing I can think could be done better is giving it a spiraling trajectory that randomizes so it becomes impossible to gauge where *exactly* it will hit in its corkscrew, so people can't just keep enemies at x range and consistently 'bypass' the accuracy drop to smack people in the side of the face with rockets. You're playing with fire. It's gonna burn. :/

I'm fairly sure these values are legitimate, and not a bug. HC is working as intended guys- these are simply not weapons meant to have HC slotted without considerable sacrifice. The Ogris is turned into a point blank range hate cannon- you have to risk missing at midrange, or risk catching the blast yourself to see its benefit. Or just use a lower ranked HC. or none at all.

It's the price you pay when you toy with perfection- perfect accuracy in this case. Only held triggers that aren't already deviating triggers are immune, like the Quanta- which instead affects its altfire. (Never seen a Flux Rifle in use in Tenno hands before, admittedly)

I just realised how good a weapon the Torid can be but it's not usuable with heavy caliber. Totally random spread, while not modded it shoots exactly where you aim.

Just use it with firestorm, split chamber, and Mirage's Hall of mirrors. This way you don't even need to aim. One shot kills everything in this general direction.