The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Official "prevent Greedy Pull From Pulling Health/energy Orbs

(PSN)JiggaJazz

Simple, and logical.

All my +1

Because we all know DE's solution will be the integration of LoS, with detection of X or Y variant is happening, and can only work after 3 seconds cooldown, only if the player as seen his shadow during direct sunset.

Edited by 7grims

I think it's Mesa that needs a change, not Greedy Mag, but if you insist that it must, how about this instead: the objects are only pulled for the Mag, other players will see them remain in the same place, similar to how they wouldn't see someone else's carrier pulling in items.

If you have such a problem with them because you want to play a new/favorite frame or use a new/favorite weapon then make your own group because I myself see Mesa and Greedy Mag as hilariously helpful since they basicly got me out of having to actually having to use the Strun (cause I did not buy it for the longest time because I knew it was trash)

I think it's Mesa that needs a change, not Greedy Mag, but if you insist that it must, how about this instead: the objects are only pulled for the Mag, other players will see them remain in the same place, similar to how they wouldn't see someone else's carrier pulling in items.

That makes sense too, allot of ppl would still play with her because of the perks, but no one would ask anymore for Gmag on recruit chat over and over.

I say just dont allow it to pull ENERGY orbs. Health orbs are fine and can save you in a "real" GMag Situation. Mesa also needs a rework, her ult is almost as bad as GMag.

Mesa is a completely different case, mesa is the new excalibur, change or nerf mesa, and ppl will just hop onto the next frame that allows ppl to stand still on a place wile pressing 1 button only, like banshee, or ash, or so many whoever more there are.

you must be really stupid to think to have it so that the energy and health orbs dont get pulled but the mod was made for that reason so just stop whining about a mod you dont like

No need to be rude and bash OP for thinking out loud. Greedy Pull was not specifically designed to pull orbs, it pulls every type of pickup (you know, resources, ammo, etc). If adding an exception to orbs will deter sit-and-spam-powers-for-hours gameplay that does not involve run&gun we Tenno are known for, then I'll embrace it wholeheartedly.

Edited by PsiWarp

ok so what would be the point of greedypull then

resources/ammo, affinity, ect. Pretty much anything except health/energy. Useful if you wanna grab the loot but not bother running out into the room of 57 meatbags blasting at you with pinpoint precision. I could get behind this, even though I really enjoy a GMag keeping my energy going in defenses on any frame I'm on. I'm big enough to admit it makes me lazy and isn't needed. Since I'm there to farm though, I would appreciate it still grabbing those resources for me esp in case I can't see them and keeping my ammo up so I don't have to risk going too far out to refill or waste a restore

I can accept that.  I mostly use Greedy Pull so I don't have to bother running around picking all the materials up and don't have to use Carrier.  I don't actually need Polymer Bundles but it feels wrong just leaving them there but they are all the way over there and, I don't need them...  That and cheekily pulling mods from behind walls that haven't opened in the Void.  Health and Energy not getting pulled is something I could live with and better than some other peoples suggestions.

Edited by Katinka

ok so what would be the point of greedypull then

Pull:

Knocks down and damages all enemies at range.

Gready pull:

atracts all drops/items on the map, this includes

mods

resources

orbs

ammo 

etc

His suggestions:

Do EVERYTHING above, except energy orbs.

Is that unreasonable? Is that not enough? Stop being ridiculous, you little exploit-camper.

Edited by 7grims

Mesa is a completely different case, mesa is the new excalibur, change or nerf mesa, and ppl will just hop onto the next frame that allows ppl to stand still on a place wile pressing 1 button only, like banshee, or ash, or so many whoever more there are.

But Ash only hits X amount of targets at once meaning he'll fail the objective (defense) if he tries to do that. Banshee on the other hand might keep the objective safe, but her ult doesn't do that much damage, in high levels it's only good as a stun lock. Mesa SLAUGHTERS everything while keeping objectives perfectly safe. Her ult is not an emergency button like Ash's ult or a utility/emergency one like Banshee's Ult. It is meant to kill... EVERYTHING. Problem is it does that way too efficiently and quickly and it's too easy to get around the energy drain on peacemaker, regardless of how quickly it drains.

EDIT: BUT I DIGRESS, this is going off topic of the OP, and another issue, so let's stay on track here.

Edited by Stratego89

i don´t think it´s a good idea to balance the hole game around this one stupid mod.

the e-gate nerf, this afk-bllsht and now we are waiting for more nerfs of mesa etc...

while channeling ultimates banshee, mesa etc. can´t gain energy by aura, trin or pads and neither run after orbs. then we got greedy pull to pass these restrictions by and bring the energy to them.... i could forecast problems as i saw greedy pull first time.

I loved Greedy Pull when it came out (Before the 'abuse' or rather the Nekros/Mesa/Gmag pyramid).

It's beautiful: You only have 25 energy and you're in a risky situation, or a crowd. A normal pull can only help for a few seconds if at all, but if you have greedy pull, you can spend that 25 to get 50 more or even 100 more, enough to open up your crowd control or survivability abilities. This is how the augment should be used, in my opinion. The fix for it is an entirely different topic.

I've had the idea for a while and I've seen many other tenno post the same exact concept

This will simply prevent hard camping with Greedy Mag and Mesa

So let's remove a cause, and not the problem thats causing it. 

Soo, a Greedy Pull with none whatsoever team-based mechanic, rendering yet another augement useless in the long run. Awesome!

No need to be rude and bash OP for thinking out loud. Greedy Pull was not specifically designed to pull orbs, it pulls every type of pickup (you know, resources, ammo, etc). If adding an exception to orbs will deter sit-and-spam-powers-for-hours gameplay that does not involve run&gun we Tenno are known for, then I'll embrace it wholeheartedly.

The run&gun we Tenno are known for... unless its these guys:

Frost, Oberon and Volt who have abilities which standing still or in close range of something is beneficial, even required in higher lvl content.

More frames could be added but that would be a bit forced.

Pull:

Knocks down and damages all enemies at range.

Gready pull:

atracts all drops/items on the map, this includes

mods

resources

orbs

ammo 

etc

His suggestions:

Do EVERYTHING above, except energy orbs.

Is that unreasonable? Is that not enough? Stop being ridiculous, you little exploit-camper.

The catch being... Which of these drops would you need in an actual fight, stuff that have to be pulled right now and not after the round is over?

Oh yea... ammo, health orbs and energy orbs. Removing 1 would weaken the combat potential of the mod(in that aspect) by 33%.

But Ash only hits X amount of targets at once meaning he'll fail the objective (defense) if he tries to do that. Banshee on the other hand might keep the objective safe, but her ult doesn't do that much damage, in high levels it's only good as a stun lock. Mesa SLAUGHTERS everything while keeping objectives perfectly safe. Her ult is not an emergency button like Ash's ult or a utility/emergency one like Banshee's Ult. It is meant to kill... EVERYTHING. Problem is it does that way too efficiently and quickly and it's too easy to get around the energy drain on peacemaker, regardless of how quickly it drains.

EDIT: BUT I DIGRESS, this is going off topic of the OP, and another issue, so let's stay on track here.

Judging by the context, you are speaking about solo. Peacemaker makes Mesa unable to move, additional to work you have to be in LoS of the enemy. That means they see you too. 

From what I experianced: Peacemaker has a static range. And most Grineer units have a higher one(especialy balista). Corpus has nullifiers which makes everything inside to be ignored by PM forcing you to toggle, wait for the animation and then deal with it. That's just from the top of my head. Are the cons that much neglectable? May be, but that's offtopic.

What will most likely happen, if this change takes place? I for one would run a 2 mesa team. 1 shoots until drained, then switch and place's a energy pizza, a bit more expensive but still works. Stop trying to band-aid a faulty system to begin with, it will only get more annoying in the long run.

Edited by vindcare

This will simply prevent hard camping with Greedy Mag and Mesa

How dare you.

How dare you threaten our way of life, they very essence of warframe...

The sacred art of camping.

The sacred tradition of nekros, mag, nova, and vauban.

It is a way to play the game, NOT an exploit. 

Let people play how they want. If you don't like camping, try not camping or saying "no camping" in recruiting.

Edited by 420degreequicksopeswag

Mesa needs a change, yes, but Greedy Pulling energy affects more than just her -- void sewer camping says hi.

No... Greedy Pull should only work for Mag herself (only she gets the pickups pulled to her; others see no change) with no other changes necessary.

Any other distinctions, like Mag not working on a specific type of item, would be completely arbitrary and not exactly and elegant solution.

This would mean that Greedy Mags who use Pull to simply have an easier time picking up loot (like ammo for high RoF weapons) are not affected. And Mags wouldn't steal loot from ranging teammates.

Honestly, it would also fit the name better. Why should it have team value when it is literally called "Greedy"? XD

This change won't solve anything. It's a change to Mag to prevent Mesa fron using #4 a whole mission. Are you going to demand nerfs to Trinity's Energy Vampire too? The problem isn't Greedy Pull. The problem is Mesa's ultimate. And when you nerf that, then people use Excalibur instead.