The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Charge underpowered? Knockdown useless.

Nomad-0084

It seems a bit wierd to me that the Excalibur's Dash is so much more powerful than the Rhino Charge. From the get go the Dash one shots almost all enemies, while the Rhino's Charge tends to knock down all but the weakest enemies. The knockdown itself, except for getting you out of trouble, is absolutely useless. Even if you knockdown all enemies, you can't melee them while they're on the ground, and if I'm going to shoot them I might as well be doing it from the safety of cover.

The Excalibur is supposed to be the starter warframe, while the Rhino is a fairly advanced one.

(While I haven't maxed out my Rhino's skill trees, I have unlocked all 3 Rhino Charge Boosts.)

Edited by Northborn

Both are equal, all frames are just as viable. Some consider the starter frames to be the strongest.

They do seem to be, which strikes me as particularly odd. But again, it makes little sense to me that the Excalibur's dash is far stronger than the Rhino's charge. I mean... the namesake of the warframe is known for its powerful charges. Why in the world is it weaker than the Excalibur's?

The major problem is that it becomes particularly useless as the knockdown is relatively useless because melee doesn't hit downed targets.

While the Rhino Charge does seem slightly underpowered compared to the Excalibur's Dash, you have to look at it from the overall balance of the frame. While Ex has the powerful Dash (which tbh is a bit too powerful for its cost), what Rhino has is a mf-ing overpowered Rhino Skin. Just as an example, with some average Power Duration mods, my super-charged Rhino has a Skin lasting for ~20 seconds, maybe a few sec more. With a decent Power Duration mods, you can go to insane long invincibility duration for the cost of 50 energy.

Also, take in consideration the role of the frames. While Excalibur is designed to be the swordsman and a fast damage dealer, Rhino is the guy who pops on his defenses and goes down town, shruging off all the damage on his way.

The Excalibur is supposed to be the starter warframe, while the Rhino is a fairly advanced one.

Starter means "ease of use" not "lower combat potential".

certainly the game needs more balancing but dont get it twisted and think that any frame is intended to be better than any other.

They are meant to be different but equal.

I would suggest they making knocked down enemies take bonus damage like unalerted/unaware enemies do. This will give Rhino's knockdown a team play component, where his rush would be useful for setting up enemies for the rest of the team to just finish off after he knocks them down.

This can either be a debuff applied by the skill itself, or as a component for knocked down enemies in general. Making it part of knocked down enemies in general also adds another aspect to group play against bosses, as members of a group could be dedicated to the roll using melee jump strikes. This would be something that adds complexity to boss fights; making them more enjoyable than straight DPS race.

Combo the Rhino charge ability with your third aoe groundpunch or even stomp to send the stuff around you flying for a few seconds. and then hack em to death with meele weapons stacked with charge power.

or just go down the other way and take out your Hek and give them a few blows when thay are still laying around on the ground being useless. but maybe you are playing without a mouse so you cant look down =(

Edited by Trancemaster

Leave the Rhino charge damage as it is and add a 5 second long 50% damage reduce for incoming attacks after a charge. This way Rhino stays true to it's role and the charge becomes more of a gap-closer for following melee clobbering under added survivability. Easy.

I'm sorry but I LOL at anyone who says Ex is just offence while Rhino is supposed to be defense.....

My reason? My EX lv 30 is an absolute TANK and I take 1 damage, provided it isn't fire or explosives, from any 1 bullet at a time(to health) all the way up to Hades lv 50-55+ stuff while at the same time completely destroying targets with its dash and its Special-Radial Lance.

Once my Rhino is fully leveled it'll be just as tanky but its skills do far less than sub par damage taking up to 3-5+ charges to kill 50+ while EX needs1. The problem is mostly just Rhino is vastly underpowered, there is no need to use him OR complete a blueprint to use him when EX does his job AND rapes face as a class that is given to you free.

Anyone who knows how to use mods well will easily see my point.

Besides, Rhino's skills are more like a utility to teamates than it is defense and if I want to defend them all i have to do is walk out into the forefront of all the shooting/battle to take most if not all the fire with any class I deck out for armor. You need a certain amount of armor yes but the point is still valid.

IMHO to be more useful he should be able to make his teammates take less damage not just himself. That'd make him more unique but again thats my opinion.

Edited by RyuumataRein