The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can't Ordis Just Float Stationary In Your Liset Like The Other Cephalons?

Ordis is always popping up on your screen when you don't want him to be. If he was just stationary, and floating let's say in the front part of your liset in a singular place it would be more cool (or at least I think) and he wouldn't have to pop up all over your screen (and you can still hear his voice and what he has to say). So essentially he would graphically be presented like the other Cephalons and he wouldn't need to show up on the side of your screen because you can still hear him from anywhere on the liset.

I mean the other cephalons like Simaris and Suda they all like float in the air in a stationary position. I think Ordis should be visually made to look like that as well.

And they should make it so that you can have some simple but witty dialogue with Ordis. Because right now, all the conversations on board is pretty much one way between Ordis, the Lotus and yourself. I mean Ordis is always asking you about what your thinking and we never ever answer him, while our conversation with Lotus is also non-existent as we simply approve of whatever it is she is asking us to do. And there is virtually no dialogue traffic going on between Lotus and Ordis. It's like everyone is just having their own conversation lol.

@Morec0 - I wasn't aware that the free-floating function was a design based on the power of the Cephalon. If you know this to be true please provide source. Thanks! Also he is at least as powerful as the two Cephalons used for Cephalon Capture. And both of them float from a stationary position until someone takes them lol.

I'd hate him so much less if he didn't block my screen especially in my arsenal. He ALWAYS has something to say there.

He always has something to say when I'm in my arsenal, or when I am trying to put some color on my frame/weapons. Basically he times it so that anytime I need to actually see something, he decides to pop-up. I got to give it to him though. Dude is persistent, and on point when it comes to that lol

Nice idea,but they really need to give us the choice to remove the pop up. or make this happen,

Agree. Ordis makes doing anything unbearable at times in the Liset. I would rather disable his animation and turn on closed caption, I'm sick of waiting for his seemingly endless animation to go away that seems to be ever so perfectly timed EVERY TIME I want to look at mods...rank up a mod...change colors...open the codex....open the navigation menu....

I guess it would have been easier to say, when I do anything.....

I always imagined that the Cephalons were a bit similar in nature to the Cyber-Elves from some of the Mega Man games. I figured that they were physically manifested living program constructs (a bit more advanced than mere A.I.), and that therefore created a precedent for them having "physical bodies". All the other Cephelon in the game are physical, floating, data organisms...why not Ordis? There's no reasonable reason not to have him being the same.

It would also give some aesthetic pleasure, as it would open up design space for changing Ordis's appearance, and/or allowing players to get different ship Cephalons.

@ A Frikin Grizzly - ahahaha....perhaps so. I might want to throw him out too

@ Kraken_Attacken - yeah, that's how I feel too. I just want him to have a physical body like the other Cephalons. But I would want him to keep his distance unlike Simaris who is all up in your grill all the time. I also don't want Ordis to try and surprise me like Suda where you walk up into your liset and then all of a sudden the floor tiles start falling away and bam, Ordis is in your face talking to you. I just want him nestled in the front of my ship in a singular dock where I can see him and he can interact with me, without having to always pop-up on my screen.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022