The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Two Cents For The Boltace

PhoenixElite

It uses the kronen, and boltor. I understand that it makes sense, but when you think of it the way I think, it makes no sense at all.  It's supposed to be a 'set' weapon to go with boltor, the problem? It uses the boltor, so what you're saying is that I need to make a boltor to make the boltace, then I need to make ANOTHER boltor to complete the supposed 'set'. See where I'm going with this? Why does it use the kronen? I understand that it's a tonfa weapon, but that should have nothing to do with it. By that logic, boltor should use the bolto, or dual raza should use the soma, etc.

And my final problem with it. Anyone else remember that Day of the dead skin for kronen? Yeah, I essentially wasted platinum on that, because now we have a new tonfa that uses the kronen, which forces me to have to build another kronen, just so I can actually use the skin I paid real money for.

Anyone else agree with me?

It uses the kronen, and boltor. I understand that it makes sense, but when you think of it the way I think, it makes no sense at all.  It's supposed to be a 'set' weapon to go with boltor, the problem? It uses the boltor, so what you're saying is that I need to make a boltor to make the boltace, then I need to make ANOTHER boltor to complete the supposed 'set'. See where I'm going with this? Why does it use the kronen? I understand that it's a tonfa weapon, but that should have nothing to do with it. By that logic, boltor should use the bolto, or dual raza should use the soma, etc.

And my final problem with it. Anyone else remember that Day of the dead skin for kronen? Yeah, I essentially wasted platinum on that, because now we have a new tonfa that uses the kronen, which forces me to have to build another kronen, just so I can actually use the skin I paid real money for.

Kronen is not hard to build. Pretty sure a lot of people will need to build both the boltor and the kronen, either because of forma and catalysts, or because they sold them long ago to make space for something better. I have to build the boltor again so... i don't see what the problem is with that.

When you choose to build the boltace, or any weapon that has a weapon requirement, you will be able to select which kronen or weapons to consume, which in this case would be the just built unranked one. Complaints about "wasted" platinum or wasted forma or catalyst are irrelevant, if im not mistaken, because no one is forcing you to use the forma'd or catalyzed weapons, or discard their usage completely.

Edited by nms64

Just nonsense. These stuffs with needs a weapon just time stoling things. With this logic the aklato should use lato to making it and almost all weapons need a pre weapon as template to make them. This just takes more material which mean more grind then you should level max those stuff what these weapons need unless you have enough mastery level if not then you need to waste time also to levelling those weapons. 

If the weapon worth enough and far more advanced than we had before then this procedure not worthless but with this or example like the akjagara then this just a huge waste.

With this power every weapon need parts like prime weapons to make them.

which forces me to have to build another kronen, just so I can actually use the skin I paid real money for.

Not trying to nitpick here, but it does not "force you" to do anything.

When new stuff appears and I'm not instantly set up for it, I just keep collecting resources, pre-build bits as I go, and get the new gear a month or months down the track.

The mentality of "must have it now now now now" is what seems to cause people to get panic attacks and complain about grind. All the new stuff is on the market, for Platinum. Look at that, ZERO hassles to go through in order to get it.

You want it WITHOUT spending plat? Then play the game and jump through the hoops. Guild Wars 2 has a lot more hoops and stuff is a LOT more expensive, and it's STILL optional.

You don't NEED every weapon. Stop creating arguments that make it sound like that if you don't have it you can't play the game.

The phrase "with this logic" does not work for game decisions that are not based purely on absolute logic or a one to one relation, but on arbitrary thinking, or with something else behind them. And, there is no rule or convention that any in-game requirements need to be the same for everything or have a linear relationship among themselves.

There is no compelling reason that because one weapon consumes another weapon, all other weapons should consume a weapon.

Boltor does not need to use the bolto, or the dual raza the soma. Because it is not a rule and not all weapons are equal.

The mentality of "must have it now now now now" is what seems to cause people to get panic attacks and complain about grind. All the new stuff is on the market, for Platinum. Look at that, ZERO hassles to go through in order to get it.

You want it WITHOUT spending plat? Then play the game and jump through the hoops. Guild Wars 2 has a lot more hoops and stuff is a LOT more expensive, and it's STILL optional.

You don't NEED every weapon. Stop creating arguments that make it sound like that if you don't have it you can't play the game.

Not only that, but, if you don't have the resources to build it, it's because you are consuming them on something else, which means you are still in the phase of the game where you can't keep up with your own progress, and, there are other weapons apart from the new ones that you can't build either. If you are complaining because you don't have the resources to start building them today, that is not DE's fault. That's just normal progression. Plenty others have resources and credits counting in the millions and anything is at one click away.

There are a lot of weapons made to go with other weapons that don't require that weapon to craft. Like the Aksomati and Dual Raza.

and?

Edited by nms64