Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

600 Armor Valkyr Vs Weapon Damage.

Thalahssalyst

After play a couple of matchs, all i saw are valkyrs.

Their 600 armor vs 26-16 damage from braton prime, and soma p...it does little damage.
Choose a rhino or Chroma now its a bad decision, his low speed its a disadvantage, and valkyr evades it.
Armor capability, should not exceed 200 on all warframes, it its going to make a variation on choose.
Choose a rhino because his armor with less speed, vs valkyr with excalibur speed and 600 armor, with current weapon damage, its not right.
600 armor vs 9 weapon damage (dex furis etc)- soma, braton, BOAR...
200 armor vs 9 weapon damage " " "

Dont do the same mistake like old conclave, over population on the same warframes, evade the strategy.

9 damage on automatic secondary weapons its not a good choice, u can clean a clip on frost with both dex furis and Vipers, and he is still running around happy... Compare it with Valkyr.

I know this thread would happen the moment they release Valkyr for PvP...

You need to take more info before complaining about her armor, first she is the frame with the lowest amount of shield who means she will take health damage sooner than most frames.

Second, all of her abilities are focused on melee range and she doesnt have any press 4 to AoE win like excalibur or volt (dunno about frost).

I recently do few matches with her and is pretty well balanced with those low shields and mediocre abilties, its also stated that paralysis would have some kind of knockback but actually it does nothing but damage (it says X amount of knockback in the description).

Also Chroma and Rhino are still perfectly viable, Chroma has his vex armor duration increased from 4 seconds to 10 (which gives you a damage buff btw) while still having more shields and 350 armor, Rhino still haves more useful abilities and iron skin.

Edited by Rhaenxys

Second, all of her abilities are focused on melee range and she doesnt have any press 4 to AoE win like excalibur or volt (dunno about frost).

I recently do few matches with her and is pretty well balanced with those low shields and mediocre abilties, its also stated that paralysis would have some kind of knockback but actually it does nothing but damage (it says X amount of knockback in the description).

Also Chroma and Rhino are still perfectly viable, Chroma has his vex armor duration increased from 4 seconds to 100 (which gives you a damage buff btw) while still having more shields and 350 armor, Rhino still haves more useful abilities and iron skin.

With the current fast mobility in warframe, no one have problem to reach an oponent... The damage on some weapons its not balanced with his armor, low shields or no, his armor its unnecessarily high, compared with current weapon damage.

Im not complaining, Im giving a constructive feedback...

The only thing Valkyr has going for her is the high amount of effective health and she pays a lot for it.

All four abilities are fairly useless (at least as far as I can tell) and she has so little shield that she will always take health damage which makes running away with her far less effective and it takes way longer to recover to full strength (and hunting health orbs is a giant pain - espescially in annihilation).

I was initially worried about Valkyr's high base armour as well. Just to put it into perspective though, RTK is the same with the latron prime (4) to take down Valkyr or Excalibur.

But what about other weapons? 9 damage on some secondary... Boar damage.

The problem wit damage modifiers is that armour is factored in twice in the damage calculation.

• Slash is more or less neutral against Tenno in PvP. While it has a -15% modifier against Ferrite, its +25% against Flesh weighs against that, so it's not too much of a problem (although it's probably noticable against high armour levels).
  • Puncture deals 25% less damage to shields, but its +50% against Ferrite means it has an 1.5x damage multiplier and effectively halves enemies' armour values. Illustration: a weapon with no damage modifiers against Tenno (say for example with pure Heat damage) and a base damage of 100 deals 33 damage to Valkyr's 600 armour. The same weapon with pure Puncture damage deals 150 damage against Ferrite, which is reduced by 50% of Valkyr's armour to 75 damage. That's more than twice the damage.
  • Now Impact is even worse off than a neutral damage type, because it deals 25% less damage against Flesh. With the same numbers as above, a weapon with pure Impact damage deals 75 damage which is reduced to 25 damage due to Valkyr's armour. That's a third of the damage, and the 1.5x modifier against shields just doesn't make up for it.

My general recommendation is to bring weapons that are heavy in Puncture or Slash to be on the safe side, and only use weapons that primarily deal Impact damage if you know the enemy team is very heavy on shields.

If you notice, we have more high armor warframe (Valkyr, Oberon, Chroma, Frost, and Rhino) in PvP roster, making the TTK a bit higher for most guns.  Beside, most Prime variant now have higher armor value.  I expect we are going to see a general increase in damage (or at least shift base damage toward puncture)

Edited by Hueminator

I was initially worried about Valkyr's high base armour as well. Just to put it into perspective though, RTK is the same with the latron prime (4) to take down Valkyr or Excalibur.

ya~ thats becuase the damage type.

why you don;t just use LEX to test the game, everyone die in 3 shot

so balance

sweet baby Jesus...O.o

the English in this thread is atrocious.

On topic: I'll try out Valkyr later in a few PvP matches, I'm pretty good at using her in PvE so I'll see what I can do with her in PvP.

On topic: I'll try out Valkyr later in a few PvP matches, I'm pretty good at using her in PvE so I'll see what I can do with her in PvP.

High armor, high mobility and copter make fighting a valk extremely difficult, most of the time i bring my valk in to any pvp game it is a auto win since no one can come close to touching me.

High armor, high mobility and copter make fighting a valk extremely difficult, most of the time i bring my valk in to any pvp game it is a auto win since no one can come close to touching me.

sounds like fun to me, I dont get hit very often in PVP, only thing that really kill me are cheapo powers like shock/pull/dashes

so I'll enjoy this, and maybe it'll bring the skill ceiling up a bit for PVP, its too easy for good players who know how to play the game.

The problem wit damage modifiers is that armour is factored in twice in the damage calculation.

• Slash is more or less neutral against Tenno in PvP. While it has a -15% modifier against Ferrite, its +25% against Flesh weighs against that, so it's not too much of a problem (although it's probably noticable against high armour levels).
  • Puncture deals 25% less damage to shields, but its +50% against Ferrite means it has an 1.5x damage multiplier and effectively halves enemies' armour values. Illustration: a weapon with no damage modifiers against Tenno (say for example with pure Heat damage) and a base damage of 100 deals 33 damage to Valkyr's 600 armour. The same weapon with pure Puncture damage deals 150 damage against Ferrite, which is reduced by 50% of Valkyr's armour to 75 damage. That's more than twice the damage.
  • Now Impact is even worse off than a neutral damage type, because it deals 25% less damage against Flesh. With the same numbers as above, a weapon with pure Impact damage deals 75 damage which is reduced to 25 damage due to Valkyr's armour. That's a third of the damage, and the 1.5x modifier against shields just doesn't make up for it.

My general recommendation is to bring weapons that are heavy in Puncture or Slash to be on the safe side, and only use weapons that primarily deal Impact damage if you know the enemy team is very heavy on shields.

Exceleent example of why damage MUST be normalized for us to approach a balanced pvp game. No More IPS modifiers. make all damage a generic type that has specific multipliers that can be universally tweaked.

All shotguns are basically useless against Valkyr with the exception of Tigris. Armor bonus gives puncture weapons a ridiculous advantage compared to other damage types.

When will we be able to see IPS values in arsenal screen, anyways?

Exceleent example of why damage MUST be normalized for us to approach a balanced pvp game. No More IPS modifiers. make all damage a generic type that has specific multipliers that can be universally tweaked.

All shotguns are basically useless against Valkyr with the exception of Tigris. Armor bonus gives puncture weapons a ridiculous advantage compared to other damage types.

When will we be able to see IPS values in arsenal screen, anyways?

Lol today I fought a team that consisted of only Valkyrs and Embers..One time I shot at a Valkyr 3-4 times with point blank range,And she was still alive(wasn't using skills) Shotguns suck now because they still do impact dmg

sounds like fun to me, I dont get hit very often in PVP, only thing that really kill me are cheapo powers like shock/pull/dashes

so I'll enjoy this, and maybe it'll bring the skill ceiling up a bit for PVP, its too easy for good players who know how to play the game.

Misinterpreted my post i was refer to how much of a easy win using a valk is, their is  no skill need to play, it wont bring skill level for PvP up only make in necessary to play PvP with only valks from now on. People will understand that once they play against a full team of valks.