Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think The Event Is Weighted?

Cool3303

Simple answer: Because most people who play don't read/pay attention to the forums. They just play. Just because the hardcore users on the forums seem to have one consensus doesn't mean most of the people playing will. 

For the average player who doesn't know or care as much about the lore, or the specific weapons as a lot of the people on the forums who are really in the know, they will probably see Alad as much more sympathetic from the video presentation. Both have the lab being sabotaged, but Alad is asking you for mercy, whereas Nef is just kind of being a jerk. And everyone is angry with Nef after that Bursa event that left most of us with a bad taste in our mouths. I think a lot of people just really, really, want to stick it to Nef Anyo. 

I mean, yeah, lore-wise Alad has done some pretty bad stuff, but the average player that doesn't pay attention to that, is going to be more angry at Nef for that previous event, and see Alad as a sympathetic character begging you for mercy. People like to be magnanimous and make the kind decision in games, even if it isn't the smartest one long term. In terms of morality, Alad is going to appear to be the more moral choice to the average player. 

@Tesseract

Oh i paid attention to the story and still support Alad V. :P

Its so nice that people can choose what they want and have diffrent opinions.

Edited by K0bra

Kobra, Yeah I pay attention to the lore and also chose Alad V. As Lotus said "no one deserves the infestation". If there is a chance it could actually cure him, we should give that chance. Either way we are still screwing up Tyl Regor's research, and if Alad is lying, it just gives us proof that he shouldn't be trusted, but he deserves another chance. 

I dislike Salad V, however he has a variant of the Karak which I had found memories of in my noob days, whilst the other dude has a weapon I had to google search to remember what it was.... before I decided to instantly side with Salad

Looks about right based on the postings I've seen.  Ironically, a lot of people hate Nef because of the last event, even though, technically, the last event was against Nef Anyo, not from him. 

Why is this ironic? Operation False Profit made a good case for being the most irritating and annoying event ever, so why would it surprise you that a lot of people would come out of it hating Nef Anyo's camp guts?

Kobra, Yeah I pay attention to the lore and also chose Alad V. As Lotus said "no one deserves the infestation". If there is a chance it could actually cure him, we should give that chance. Either way we are still screwing up Tyl Regor's research, and if Alad is lying, it just gives us proof that he shouldn't be trusted, but he deserves another chance. 

Well if anyone does deserve this infestation, it's Alad V, the man who willingly brought it upon himself.

Personally I don't like this event because it really is "choosing between 2 evils"- Alad is a monster and Nef is a pain in the ***. I'm just going to do 4 runs to qualify for the weapon, bugger the lore and ignore the rest.

Edited by ArcaneAzmadi