The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You "just Play The Game"?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

I see the suggestion "just play the game" constantly on the feedback section. For example, someone starts a thread about the low drop chances for the dread prime and I reply that they should stop worrying about the dread prime and "just play the game".

This suggestion has been puzzling me for a while, the fact that it seems to come from veteran Tenno (more often than not) puzzles me more. For me, playing Warframe started with the star chart, farming some prime weapons and frames along the way. Next "playing the game" turned into collecting stuff I didn't have, doing events, and chasing my tail on the leaderboards. Now playing the game means, well that's my problem I haven't been able to answer that question for a while now. I find myself on the forums more than the actual game.

So my question to other veteran Tenno is how do you "just play the game"?

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

I see the suggestion "just play the game" constantly on the feedback section. For example, someone starts a thread about the low drop chances for the dread prime and I reply that they should stop worrying about the dread prime and "just play the game".

This suggestion has been puzzling me for a while, the fact that it seems to come from veteran Tenno (more often than not) puzzles me more. For me, playing Warframe started with the star chart, farming some prime weapons and frames along the way. Next "playing the game" turned into collecting stuff I didn't have, doing events, and chasing my tail on the leaderboards. Now playing the game means, well that's my problem I haven't been able to answer that question for a while now. I find myself on the forums more than the actual game.

So my question to other veteran Tenno is how do you "just play the game"?

You have to kill bosses to trigger the stalker so best way is not to worry about it.

You play to have fun. The rest comes with time--and maybe a little direction here and there.

I enjoy how the game works. I like most of the warframes. I have certain guns I like and enjoy using. Then I just go and do stuff. The rest follows...IF...you put the time in.

I've spent time to learn how the game works and mod accordingly. I'm used to the game's dynamics and can deal with them without much conscious thought. This comes from paying your dues...i.e. playing the game.

At this point, you play for fun and do events as they come up. You should know what you're doing and have options in both warframes and weapons to deal with any situation. You've now arrived and are a veteran tenno, unafraid of new challenges and always up for anything that comes your way.

I tend not get carried away in the game that I'm playing such as Warframe. So I just play the game.

Imo, veteran player used almost every gear in this game, so they can "just play the game". I have almost every gear in the game, so grinding isn't my top priorities. I can just login, tinker a bit with my setup, and join a random mission.

Now that I think about it, I'm rarely playing just because.
I'm either working on leveling up a weapon, going for syndicate rep, or hunting for blueprints/parts/resources.
I suppose that's a big part of what big games like this are though; always having something to set your sights on, something to work towards.
Not to say that I don't enjoy doing these things, because I do, and the result is almost always something new(ish) to freshen up the experience.
But I hardly ever go into a mission to slice Grineer soldiers into bits for the sole purpose of slicing them to bits.

I like running around with Ash with various weapons. Weapons I feel like using. 

I change my weapons on a daily basis. Sometimes I feel like using Braton Prime with Aksomati and Galatine. Next day, I might even change my frame to Saryn or Mesa and use my Redeemer with Tiberon and... some other secondary.

So on and so forth. Just play what you like, and don't play for the things that you want. Let them come to you; if you expect things to come to you, you're gonna have a hard time. And that's just a lesson for life.

Easy. Play what you want to play. Stop looking at the most efficient way to get everything straight away, stop whoring void missions. Try and do something that isn't for the sake of rewards. Do you people really just quit a game you enjoy because there is no more rewards for you to get? I will never be able to understand this logic.

Ehh, there's polarizing your favorite weapons to optimize builds

Looting and gathering as much credits and resources for the lulz

Helping noobs become not noobs

Go play another game to reduce burnout

Pick your poison. I don't really defend the game by saying, "just play it" but if you wanted some ideas here they are. 2000+ hours in I understand why you don't understand it, but I have my own theories.

They mean:

Have fun!

Don't play it like 'GET DIS PRIEM PART OR DIEEEE'

That's what causes Burnout.

Play like 'hahahaha look at that headshot man murdering is FUN DIEDIEDIEDIE-oh look, I got the prime part I needed!'

Just play where the thing you need drops for fun, better with friends.

Eg: 'Hey guys, let's do a T4 surv and see how far we can go!'

-'Sure thing man. Btw, doesn't that part drop in rotation C?'

-'Yep.'

-'Alright, maybe we'll get lucky.'

-'So,,,melee only?'

Like that! Don't let the game troll you.