Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Stop Showing Rewards.

Zardica

DE, you've essentially turned a war into a steamroller, people like me who're supporting Nef don't even have a chance to fight for our side. The one time you have a moral choice in a event it's quickly turned into a need vs greed race, and people are backing Alad because they think they won't get the rewards if you support Nef.

This event could of been fun, but now it's just "How quickly can Alad V win."

Please stop showing rewards during War Events.

TL;DR: It's not a war, one side is literally miles ahead.

Edited by Zardica

Most players (not necessarily including myself) don't actually care too much about the lore. That is, they care what weapon they get more than any potentially interesting moral choices. I can absolutely guarantee that if the weapon reward wasn't shown up front, there would be ten times as many threads asking to be told the weapons.

Who said you dont get rewards if you side with Nef?

No one, but that's what people think, I've seen a few people swap out mid mission because they wanted to support Alad in fear of not getting the Karak.

Or they could simply do something like make the rewards for both choices enticing to players, which would in turn make the battle more interesting. This event suffers from a common problem with invasion-styled missions in general (one side vs another), where one side has an obviously better reward, and players will pick the side that gives them the reward they want.

Not quite I'd say what the problem is really. It's just that a lot of people want the Karak and that is biasing the results a lot.

Got to agree with the post above though, would it be so hard for the players to get the reward they choose? A lot less heat than forcing them to wait months with a weapon they don't want.

Edited by RahuStalker

No one, but that's what people think, I've seen a few people swap out mid mission because they wanted to support Alad in fear of not getting the Karak.

"SCORING AND REWARDS

Event Weapon –Fully support Nef Anyo or Alad V in at least 4 regional battles

o   DERA VANDAL: A customized version of the Dera, featuring a metallic finish and Lotus decal. (If Nef Anyo is victorious at the end of the Event.)

o   KARAK WRAITH: A different take on the Grineer assault rifle, the Karak Wraith features unique styling. (If Alad V is victorious at the end of the Event.)"

Those lines would suggest that only the victor gets the weapon.

EDIT: From the event page https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/456228-pc-operation-tubemen-of-regor/#entry5080554:

Reward FAQ:

'What happens if the person I support loses, what reward do I get?'

-You will win the victor's weapon if the person you support loses. The losing party's weapon will be vaulted for future use.

'Are there leaderboards or trophies?'

-There are not.

'What other rewards are there?'

-Stay tuned for lots of battle pay!

Edited by Ailith

Yeah, this event had bad communication from the devs.

You don't get a gun IF you support the winner. Rather, you are guaranteed a gun, and the winner decides WHICH gun you get

That said, this event was still badly lopsided, since I rarely see anyone speak highly of the Dera, yet the Karak was just popular enough to get dubbed the "Space Kalashnikov"

I think that another big problem are rewards from battles, to this point rewards were either equal or MUCH better on alad v side: Nef side has credits more frequently while alad's fusion cores, and the amount of credits is uncomperably low compared to vaulue of fusions cores , I can earn same amount of credits in 15min. I actually betrayed my persoanl choice of who should win in this event, I want to sabotage alad v plans since I hate him for what he did to fellow tenno but I chosen his side once because he had much better reward(20 fusion cores vs 50000 credits).

I actually regret that choice, rewards shouldnt get in the way of our personal choice. 

Edited by Culaio

Or maybe this event is scripted to be more favorable on one side, which is the intended story progress.

Just a guess.

I really want this not to be the case, otherwise why go through the whole vs BS and only tease people who wanted the Dera Vandal with it? Not a very good idea to do that to your customers. Edited by RahuStalker

Actually, I wanted to help alad V. Idk why, just did. It's just a coincidence that alad also gave a karak variant, which I really wanted. (the karak is actually a good weapon in mechanics, but it's damage/status is terrible, so a variant would be great)

Actually, I wanted to help alad V. Idk why, just did. It's just a coincidence that alad also gave a karak variant, which I really wanted. (the karak is actually a good weapon in mechanics, but it's damage/status is terrible, so a variant would be great)

There is a lot of reasons lorewise why not to help alad v, like for example the fact that he was cutting into pieces our fellow tenno, or the fact that he never really said that he wanted research for cure, he exactly said that he wants it for regenerating purposes, its never explained how exactly his mind got free from control of infestation he could as well be still under its control when he ordered us to get research. I really want this to be true, alad V mind "somehow" getting free from infestation just to ask us for cure is overused in stories in general..

Edited by Culaio

Stop showing rewards? They need to show MORE information on the reward, like what the stats are on the improved weapons. If the Dera Vandal had improved projectile flight times, that would make it way more attractive. Of course we know nothing about what's been changed to the weapons, so we have no idea which one we would really rather have.

There is a lot of reasons lorewise why not to help alad v, like for example the fact that he was cutting into pieces our fellow tenno, or the fact that he never really said that he wanted research for cure, he exactly said that he wants it for regenerating purposes, its never explained how exactly his mind got free from control of infestation he could as well be still under its control when he ordered us to get research. I really want this to be true, alad V mind "somehow" getting free from infestation just to ask us for cure is overused in stories in general..

I know, I'm fully aware that he's probably tricking us. I know that he's probably gonna back stab us after this event. But is helping him any worse than helping nef? nef anyo will probably backstab us too, the only difference is that nef anyo wants us to just destroy stuff, and alad V "wants us to help him cure himself". Also, it's possible that he realized the infested weren't that great after we beat up his little surprise. There wasn't any real proof that his mind was taken over by the infested in the first place, just "lotus is right" and I don't really trust the lotus. :/

I know, I'm fully aware that he's probably tricking us. I know that he's probably gonna back stab us after this event. But is helping him any worse than helping nef? nef anyo will probably backstab us too, the only difference is that nef anyo wants us to just destroy stuff, and alad V "wants us to help him cure himself". Also, it's possible that he realized the infested weren't that great after we beat up his little surprise. There wasn't any real proof that his mind was taken over by the infested in the first place, just "lotus is right" and I don't really trust the lotus. :/

I believe that Nef is lesser evil of the two, since as you know alad v cut into pieces our fellow tenno and experimented with extremly dangerous infested which only made them stronger and added to infested faction some anoying mobs like Tar-Mutalist MOA...

Most players (not necessarily including myself) don't actually care too much about the lore. That is, they care what weapon they get more than any potentially interesting moral choices. I can absolutely guarantee that if the weapon reward wasn't shown up front, there would be ten times as many threads asking to be told the weapons.

This. The lore is there to prevent a sameness, but it is just a distraction in a game where you just run around and shoot things in the face for new weapons to shoot people in the face with. Personally, the karak was the first weapon i ever put a forma into, but I've trashed it because its dps is just too low. This may well be false hope, but i hope the wraith makes my old standby good. I dont care for the dera at all.