Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Electric Shield And The Rift.

Aumaan

Question

Did I miss some patch notes recently the removed the ability to shoot out of or at targets in the rift by using Electric Shield or is this a bug that I should report?  Ran into this "bug" during one of the Tubemen of Regor missions.  Had a Limbo cast Cataclysm on the draining console to protect it and I couldn't damage anything outside the Cataclysm even with Electric Shield.  

I can't really double check this since asking around in recruitment for a Limbo to help me test a possible bug gets no interest.

5 answers to this question

You should note that if you were using any travel time weapons like Boltor or Paris this would not work.

Wait, you can't shoot out of the rift with weapons with travel time? I could have sworn I'd done that before...

I mean, if that is the problem that would explain it, I was using the Hikou Prime.   

Wait, you can't shoot out of the rift with weapons with travel time? I could have sworn I'd done that before...

I mean, if that is the problem that would explain it, I was using the Hikou Prime.

Nope, switch to Vaykor Marelok and it'll work.

Nope, switch to Vaykor Marelok and it'll work.

Huh, Volt being my most used frame and I never knew this, and I've played with a decent amount of Limbos.  Kind of weird/annoying honestly.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

Huh, Volt being my most used frame and I never knew this, and I've played with a decent amount of Limbos.  Kind of weird/annoying honestly.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

Projectiles from Dera and Supra and Tetra are converted to hitscan once they hit an Electric Shield iirc. maybe you were using one of those before?