The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Pulling Other Players

Iridex

Valkyr's ability to pull other players is significantly annoying, especially when another player is trying to HACK A CONSOLE and the VALKYR REPEATEDLY PULLS the player away, cancelling the hacking process, and causing alarms to be set off in many of the types of missions. This is especially annoying in SPY MISSIONS when Valkyr decides that he/she wants to ruin the bonus for being UNDETECTED in Corpus missions, TUBEMEN EVENT MISSIONS when another player is attempting to flood the area, but Valkyr will not let the player hack the console, and SURVIVAL MISSIONS when a player is trying to hack the console to begin the mission.

(This problem is similar to the recently released weapon, Tonkor. You know, the problem everyone had when a Tonkor user would launch grenades and force others to jump? Yeah, it's the same problem with Valkyr.)

Looks like you're hanging with the wrong crowd. Not every Valkyr or Tonkor user is a troll. There is nothing wrong with her ability, and there was nothing wrong with the tonkor (but that ship has already sailed). The whole pay for a few fools.

Can I be honest? I used to jump off cliffs and ripline people off with me.

Only on the Earth tileset though, and only at extraction... when we're just waiting for the last dude(s) to show up. It's honestly pretty funny, but in those cases it's not like I was affecting the actual mission while it's going on.

It's a nasty situation, but I have to ask, you sound like you were with this same Valkyr in multiple missions doing different things. Do you just have bad luck or is one of your friends/clan/alliancemates just a punk?

I know the solution:

Make Mag able to pull players as well

Make Vauban able to put players in Vortex

Make Excalibur able to blind players

etc

Give them all the ability to annoy players :)

Let the annoy games begin :D

Oh how I love playing Warframe

I use tonkor a lot but the only person that i troll all the time is my friend, and I play random I never do it at least for porpouse(?).

And yes my friend hate me and tonkor for it

Tonkor was patched so it can't do that anymore. Mag's original description says she can pull allies to safety with her pull, but she can't do that. 

Tonkor was patched so it can't do that anymore. Mag's original description says she can pull allies to safety with her pull, but she can't do that.

WHYYYYYY?

But i can still can use it on me???

Now we need Paracyst pull players...

Solution: Make Valkyr not able to pull players.

Such mechanic on players is useless anyway.

Just like the "solution" for tonkor.

People don't realize that doing things like this limits our game play and creativity, just because of some few trolls in a few games.

Before the change (that I personally call a nerf) there were players doing team work with tonkor + jat kitty slam, just an example.

Meh, other than having friends in a Valkyr that do this to me (because you can always rely of friends to be D-bags), I don't have this complaint in randoms. The easy solution is to not play with said friend, if it is actually a pub match problem get friends or play solo, or my favorite solution; get in Vauban and make their session a living hell by spamming bounce under every step they make or will make.

Before there was "/unstuck", there was Valkyr. A benevolent and kind (though tormented) soul, she tried her best to ripline me free from areas I'd fallen into. Mostly, she didn't succeed. But at least she tried.

When unstuck failed, during the interception mission, when my Nekros was flat on his back staring up at the interior of a Grineer cave, Valkyr pulled me into range of the tower, and gave me a purpose. I could still help my team.

Valkyr's ripline is like the force: it has a light side, a dark side, and is made of ducttape.

I know the solution:

Make Mag able to pull players as well

Make Vauban able to put players in Vortex

Make Excalibur able to blind players

etc

Give them all the ability to annoy players :)

Let the annoy games begin :D

Oh how I love playing Warframe

Let Hydroid puddle people c:

Hey,

Should not pull players who are hacking. How to fix ... if you pull someone hacking you fail the mission but that might lead to more complaints...

Actually, a good compromise would be to treat the hacking player as umoveable (same as some targets and the environment) and instead shoot Valkyr towards them. Imagine the guy is holding on for dear life to the console.

There's a few other frame skills that can be used to grief people (Loki, Limbo and Nyx have a few, for example), just block the trolls and carry on.

Cheers,

Mag's original description says she can pull allies to safety with her pull, but she can't do that. 

Mag's Pull used to affect a single target only.  I used it to move AFK players in defense missions back when all players needed to be in the circle to start the waves.

She lost the ability to pull players when it was changed to an AoE power.

As for Valkyr's Rip Line, I've used it on trolls who stand just outside the extraction zone and make the team wait, to pull them into extraction.  I'd hate to lose that ability.

only pulling afk players to thier death

This.

As for Valkyr's Rip Line, I've used it on trolls who stand just outside the extraction zone and make the team wait, to pull them into extraction.  I'd hate to lose that ability.

Also this.