Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

Right, so.

What seems to be going on in this thread is people complaining about the Iron Skin nerf (Which is, to be completely honest. 100% justified.)

Let's look into it:

To all the players, who're trying to s**k DEV d**k, and saying "Oh this was the best one ever, now I can stop playing the rhino and enjoy other frames and it's just so wonderful" - Are you saying you've never had your sorry butt saved by a Rhino? How was that "Overpowered omfg nerf!" ? I bet you weren't lamenting his "overpoweredness" when he was saving you.

However, as a Rhino player, does the above stop people from constantly whining about how slow the Rhino is when they're waiting at an elevator right after you just saved their butt? No sir, they're complaining like five year olds. Nevermind that you saved them just a few minutes ago.

It's ONE ability that makes the Rhino capable of HELPING HIS TEAM. What damage does the Rhino do, solely based on his skillset, compared to others? Little to NONE. It's all in the WEAPONS. Something that EVERYONE can max out and reap with, not just the Rhino. Infact there's a bunch of videos out there of Ash warframes, Excalibur's, hilariously easy DECIMATING everything in close quaters combat, and guess what? WITHOUT BEING INVINCIBLE.

Here's how people are saying the Rhino is overpowered; Activate Iron Skin - Spam melee. Yeah, where does Iron Skin help your damage here? It doesn't. It does, what it's always been supposed to do, make the Rhino the designated TANK frame (Yet somehow not even doing that very well, another note to look into.) Anyone can buff and potatoe the shiznit out of their weapon and do tons of damage. It was Rhino's niché to be invincible for a limited duration of time, just as other frames have CC, Damage, Stealth, Utility. Rhino, right now, after this nerf, can do very little in terms of being a team player. Except the fact that he's just a 4th target to be chewed up.

Iron Skin was not what made the Rhino just "godmode" it through defense missions. It was his -team- killing the mobs he was blocking, all gathered up, ready for anyone else to barrage.

This was said a million times during that stupid thread. I don't see why the devs thought that it was a good idea to follow through with a nerf that no one was actually able to come up with a good reason for other than "hurr durr being invincible is unbalanced just because."

Edited by Aggh

I feel that bumping Iron Skin cost to 75 and reducing time would be a better choice. It would make it less spammable, while retaining it's uniqueness. As of now Trinity is a much better tank(while being a support frame) and Ember is only slightly worst. This change will make playing as Rhino much less enjoyable, especially since there was no positive change applied to him(i.e bumping Charge and Blast damage or something like that).

How about not freaking touching him in the first place because he was perfect the way he was before this stupendous nerf?!

Users can now specify a ping range to filter out undesirable sessions.

how do i do this i must know!

Under your game settings:

Settings>Gameplay

Matchmaking ping limit

Edited by Aggh

This isn't actually a Nerf. It simply just changed the way Rhino works from being the main tank to not at all.

A Nerf would have been reducing the (really) insane duration of this ability or simply increasing the energy cost by a good amount due to his naturally low energy pool. 

Don't get me wrong. A Nerf was actually appropriate because as you said it was too easy but this @(*()$ wrecked the cooles char in the entire game.

Wow.....you must be slow. :)

They did both. Reduced the duration and took out invincibility. So what are you gonna say now smartass?

So let's see here.

- Rhino is now useless (he was already worse than frost and trinity at being a tank)

- Sound quake is S#&$, and now Banshee lost a lot of her appeal

- Ember still sucks and

- Mag still sucks (and all her mods are still rare)

- Ash still sucks

- Saryn still sucks

- Trinity's link still overpowered

- A S#&$ load of weapons still suck (Burston, ankyros...)

- Useless rare mods like Enemy Radar and puncture

- Colors are still outrageously priced

- Prices inflated across the board

- Nickel-and-diming everywhere

But on the plus side we get a vaguely interesting warframe that uses volt and mag themed abilities instead of something new like explosives (and which looks more like a corpus crewman than a tenno)

9/10, Great Update DE

I must admit that I am a little disappointed that Rhino has been hit as hard as he has. Being able to be a huge bullet soak for allies or recharge my shield in mid melee slaughter factory mode is so handy. All that happens now is you are stemming the tide of damage. Please revert Iron Skin to previous set up.

Vauban Ultimate is not working - at all , or at least for me :(

Stickin Tesla-balls on another frame is fun especially on a IRONSKIN Rhino since he can just charge in and the Teslas are dealing huge amounts of dmg...

So why should anyone play Rhino anymore?

+Highest base armour in the game. Not the highest maximum, however. That belongs to Frost.

+Rhino Stomp. Great for stunlocking bosses. Needs a Trinity frame with you, however.

-Slowest frame.

-Sub par Slash Dash.

-Nerfed invincibility ability.

-Radial Blast (needs a buff for the amount of energy it costs).

I'm afraid I'm just not going to touch Rhino anymore. For the positive aspects, other frames can do those better. If I need to tank anymore, I'll just go on Trinity. If I need to stunlock a boss, I'll bring Nyx for the hard stun from Mind Control at a much lower cost. In fact, plenty of other frames can do what Rhino does, and not sacrifice speed to do it.

No, Rhino really only had Iron Skin going for him, and after this nerf, I think you've taken away his worth. That Thrak helm is going to be gathering a lot of dust from now on...

Agreed

This is untrue, I just tested it. You can be disrupted with Iron Skin on. It stops knockback, but Toxic Ancients still wreck you, and one hit from a disruptor and your tanking days are over.

My hate for Disruptors made Rhino my all time favourite frame. That sucks.

On the topic of Disruptors:

Stealing energy is one thing, if they would take say 100 pts per strike or something, but taking all of it is just overkill, as you can't always see them coming. With any caster frame you are helpless without your abilites once you are swamped and stunlocked ad infinitum which leaves you only with the option to run away if you haven't died yet.

Kind of a design problem imo.

+edit+

After testing it myself I did not lose enery, was not stunlocked, damage done was negligible, but the Disruptors attacks moved me around. Didn't find a Toxic Ancient yet.

Now I'm not sure what to think with all the conflicting reports... Guess I'll come back after the hotfix has been deployed and try again.

Edited by breakandburn

Thanks to the new update I can't start the game anymore. 

But with Rhino being my main Warframe and it's change to: useless! I'm not quite sure if I'm not happy that this game refuses to start so I don't have to see this BS by myself... 

I must admit that I am a little disappointed that Rhino has been hit as hard as he has. Being able to be a huge bullet soak for allies or recharge my shield in mid melee slaughter factory mode is so handy. All that happens now is you are stemming the tide of damage. Please revert Iron Skin to previous set up.

And no nerf. Don't even think about nerfing him just a little. You guys better put him back to his original state before the nerf. Nerfing Rhino or touching him the wrong way is a sin now. >.>

So why should anyone play Rhino anymore?

+Highest base armour in the game. Not the highest maximum, however. That belongs to Frost.

+Rhino Stomp. Great for stunlocking bosses. Needs a Trinity frame with you, however.

-Slowest frame.

-Sub par Slash Dash.

-Nerfed invincibility ability.

-Radial Blast (needs a buff for the amount of energy it costs).

I'm afraid I'm just not going to touch Rhino anymore. For the positive aspects, other frames can do those better. If I need to tank anymore, I'll just go on Trinity. If I need to stunlock a boss, I'll bring Nyx for the hard stun from Mind Control at a much lower cost. In fact, plenty of other frames can do what Rhino does, and not sacrifice speed to do it.

No, Rhino really only had Iron Skin going for him, and after this nerf, I think you've taken away his worth. That Thrak helm is going to be gathering a lot of dust from now on...

agreed, this patch really did break the rhino. 

"Balance the weapon pricing"? That sounds like a funny way of saying "Almost everything is a blueprint now!" I understand money is important to making the game grow, but please don't disguise something like that as "pricing balance". It's dishonest.

Everything else about the update is fine, I'm just annoyed by how so many weapons - not even really remarkable weapons at that - are now becoming blueprints. It makes getting into the game that much more difficult, since almost all the intriguing weapons now take you about twelve hours to make. Who wants to stop playing for twelve hours? Not the newcomer, that's for sure.

Because who cares about actually working for their new toys.

This Rhino nerf was completely uncalled for. Now it doesn't even stop staggering. Absolutely no reason to use him now. He was my favorite frame.

I WILL uninstall if this doesn't get reversed soon, since you took away the only frame I really enjoy.

Store changes are lame. Developers, you're making it seem like you want every nickel and dime out of us no matter what. Was planning on putting money on this game, now debating it, since IDK if my purchase will be cheaper or more expensive with another price change. Now I'm really turned off to this whole game- it was grindy enough, now what is going to happen?