Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

So you should keep yourself overpowered regardless of balance. To hell with actually making the game fun and challenging. If I can just sit on my &#! and click a button to make myself invincible while clicking another button to instakill everyone around me, then this game is just awesome....

Yes, that's all dripping with sarcasm.

Here's the thing, see, the one useful ability Rhino had (that isn't done better by other frames) was Iron Skin. Now that the only thing that made the frame useful as a solo (a panic button in higher level areas) and as a team member (being able to get allies up in a sea of toxic ancients) is gone, who is going to play it. And don't tell me that the ability is still good, I can get 75% DR PASSIVELY with frost(without maxing iron skin).

Yes sorry I have to agree with one commenter, Rhino is useless  for me then, he is so slow keeping up, even with the best Mod  balance , could count on him helping the group.  Yes guess he will go to the garbage.  All the Frames  do look awesome.

I have over 300 hours of game time played and I play with a group of players who have played a lot longer than I have and the general consensus is that the Iron Skin nerf was over-due. Don't get me wrong, I can sympathize with everyone missing the fact that you can ignore everything as long as you had a pool of energy but the fact of the matter is that 17 seconds of complete invulnerably ruins gameplay. 

Do you believe that Iron Skin was a balanced ability? Being able to ignore all types of damage and get in any enemy's face without any concern? Solo fighting a boss without taking any damage?

The point of balance changes in a PVE game is simple; to keep the game challenging.

As far as your prediction, I expect it to go a little differently because I enjoy every frame that is currently in the game. (even the ones that most complain are under-powered) But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Please explain how an ability that is pretty much outclassed by the abilities of most decent frames ruins gameplay.  Like everyone else that wanted it nerfed, all you can say is "invulnerability bad.  Invulnerability need nerf." 

But how did it unbalance the game?  Plenty of frames (loki, ash, trinity) can solo a boss without taking damage.  Every frame can easily solo any boss if you're not bad at the game.  On top of that, pretty much every frame can dish out more damage than rhino.  All he had going for them was the fact that he could tank and do a tiny bit of cc. 

Now he can kind of tank and do a tiny bit of cc.  Compared to frames that can kill everything in sight with the press of a button, that is kind of underwhelming.

Edited by Aggh

Man Rhino will be just plain boring to play now. There's still no challenge no matter what warframe you play as but they are taking away the fun and what makes Rhino, "Rhino" out of Rhino, and a hell of a lot of people are pissed off. Rhino was pretty dull in the lower level mobs he only becomes very useful when hes up against higher level mobs. Now hes useless against higher level mobs and lower level mobs.

Everyone hates seeing their favorite warframe nerfed. SO DON'T.

Idk about Banshee's Wub Quake damage changes, it is still wrecking lvl 50 younger infected, but Banshee now can be _disrupted_ (besides taking regular damage) while wubbing. I think we need a rollback right here.

Sadly, now the Banshee also useless :( Warframe slowly but surely goes to the bottom ...

Please explain how an ability that is pretty much outclassed by the abilities of most decent frames ruins gameplay.

For real. If Iron Skin was actually breaking the game for you, you weren't playing at a difficulty that mattered.

You have to admit that a frame that can do S#&$loads of dmg with supercharged weapons and become immortal for over 20 seconds is too good. I loved my rhino as it was yeah, but it did need a nerf.

Loki was a much bigger problem in that regard. I don't understand why no one seems to think that Invisibility is a problem, considering that it is almost as good as pre-nerf Iron Skin (no toxic or knockdown immunity, but you fully regenerate shields over the duration and enemies won't attack you no matter what) while causing you to auto-crit with every melee attack.

I think, personally, Rhino would be balanced if they reverted it to the way it was, but at a shorter time OR kept it as is, but increased the damage reduction a bit more (maybe 10%) and prevented knockdown/knockback, and disruptor energy drain, and either halved toxic damage, or just removed it while using IS (you ARE covered head to toe in iron :/)

I'm not too sure I understand why they took away some of the bundles too. The Stay Frosty, Wrecking Rhino and Poisonous Attitude packs are gone.

I'm mostly curious about this. I guess it might have something to do with the change to weapon prices?

oh Rhino. No Immunity to Damage and No Immunity to disruption and Poison?

Ember will be a better tank now since she at least is un-dIsruptable and she can run. Move over Rhino, hello Ember.

It looks like it was balance more for the older players. I hope the new players will stick around long enough to reap the benefits.

Well, we were expecting update 8 and got to 7 11.  Well, I'm gonna go get a slurpy before I do a few missions.

As for most of the changes, there are a couple that I don't really believe are doing much, and many that I feel sure that most people don't understand, but I think it will work out okay.  Mostly because I am so tired of people that think pressing the same button over and over is a fun way to play the game.

I don't like seeing a silver rhino running from room to room constantly ignoring everything.  I don't like seeing a green glow in every room.  I don't like seeing a volt overload every 20 seconds.  Of all of them though, Rhino's power was the most reasonable in that he still had to use his guns and melee weapons to do anything.  He was still a space warrior, not just a single button pressed in every room.

Farming for alloy plate was already a pain. Unless the drop rates increase on it from 10 - 40 per run, new players are going to have a hard time getting anything besides what is given to them at the start.

especially if all the old weapons require alloy plates, or rubedo, because until you get to europa, rubedo is kinda a pain to get (not as much as alloy plates though)

Sadly, now the Banshee also useless :( Warframe slowly but surely goes to the bottom ...

How so? with the range upgrade  you can still kill everyone without taking damage, yeah i did experimented it in 3 runs i only got shout 3 times for 200 shield damage.

Did anyone take more damage with banshee while casting SQ?