The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Wraith Vs Hek

(PSN)melancholy-Sh1T

Question

HI

I am a new joiner and just got both weapon. (nice event for Strun wraith :D)

I am a shotgun-lover.

regarding of Fun to use and versatile.

I would like to know which one I should go for (potato and forma)

now I just got 2 forma and 1 potato in my inventory.

sorry for my bad english.

16 answers to this question

I have a Hek and I bit my &#! off when I learned that I had missed the original event. I was always interested in making a crit build with a shotgun. Back then every PELLET had a chance to crit - I don't know if that is still so, but I guess. I'm making a crit build with it to try out.

As a general shotgun I believe Strun Wraith is still superior. For single target wreckage however Hek still wins because a fully modded Hek now also has the Steel Meridian mod which makes for ludicrous single target damage.

Strun Wraith is the better shotgun.Larger clipsize,faster reload,a little bit less damage.Its way better to play with it.Its gameplay feels way better and fluid.

For the Hek you need a nice secondary because reloading needs to long in bad situations but full modded it hits like a truck.

Edited by K0bra

Since they are shotguns, they both suck at the moment. HOWEVER, if you can get very close to an enemy, both CAN be trusty guns.

With its strong puncture damage, the Hek is more suited towards killing grineer troops, whereas the strun is better against corpus for its high impact damage against shields. Get Fire damage for the hek (corrosive later on) and poison (and/or magnetic) for the strun wraith.

also, get the weapon augment for the hek. with it and hell's chamber you can triple its effective damage even without a single base damage mod.

Hek competes equally with the Strun Wraith so long as it has the Steel Meridian syndicate mod. It's just slanted more towards taking out heavies instead of crowds, which is a playstyle preference. Without the mod, I'd say the Wraith is better - and it comes with a potato.

HI

I am a new joiner and just got both weapon. (nice event for Strun wraith :D)

I am a shotgun-lover.

regarding of Fun to use and versatile.

I would like to know which one I should go for (potato and forma)

now I just got 2 forma and 1 potato in my inventory.

sorry for my bad english.

Hek - Really high damage, 4 mag cap, slow fire rate, 2.2 second reload

Strun Wraith - Balance damage, 8 mag cap, 2nd best fire rate for shotguns ( 2 me at least ), 1 second reload ( ? )

Edited by Kaiservadin

Hek is more...huge burst pew pew pew everything in front of me die in 4 bullets!but then you have this 2,2 sec reload :x

I find Strun Wraith to be more versatile and more friendly to use for new players but i still prefer my Hek.

But still,since it's more versatile as a shotgun,i think he's a bit "better"

i hope i made myself clear :x

I have a Hek and I bit my ! off when I learned that I had missed the original event. I was always interested in making a crit build with a shotgun. Back then every PELLET had a chance to crit - I don't know if that is still so, but I guess. I'm making a crit build with it to try out.

I think the redeemer does that