Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

7.11.0: Rhino Iron Skin Change... How It Is Now

Namacyst

So what you're telling me is that not only Trinity, but also Ember now have better damage mitigation skills than Rhino?

yes, ember with a maxed focus mod gets 91% resistance, can't be disrupted AND has an AoE (weak, sure, but it's still there) while trinity has link and inf energy. (link + energy vampire)

Trinity's Link, that coupled with her infinite energy

Depends very much on the enemy and how much damage you can deal to him. Btw: Your three team-members also profit from Energy Vampire, since they get back energy back according to their respective damage dealt to the target, too. ;)

So what you're telling me is that not only Trinity, but also Ember now have better damage mitigation skills than Rhino?

Ember's Overheat is affected by Focus. Maxed out, Overheat caps at 70%, and if we believe the math on the internetz. a maxed focus pushes it to 91%, so in short: yes.

I'm sure they just want to sell us another super rare Anti-Venom mod or some other trash."Get one free with Handspring when you spend 149.99 USD in our cash shop!"

Normally I'd say you're not being fair to DE, but... nah, looking pretty spot-on.

yes, ember with a maxed focus mod gets 91% resistance

Ember's Overheat is affected by Focus. Maxed out, Overheat caps at 70%, and if we believe the math on the internetz. a maxed focus pushes it to 91%, so in short: yes.

Has anyone already tried (and I mean seriously tried - not just run one mission) if Rhino's Steel Skin is affected by Focus as well now? If it is, that would give him (by calculation) 104% resistance with maxed Focus (100% at rank 4).

Edited by 0cZc0bibliothekar

Has anyone already tried (and I mean seriously tried - not just run one mission) if Rhino's Steel Skin is affected by Focus as well now? If it is, that would give him (by calculation) 104% resistance with maxed Focus (100% at rank 4).

I think someone tried and said it didn't work, but I'm not sure

I can confirm that it is not affected by Focus.

Edit: 

Good news everyone!

Irons skin may just be bugged at the moment. See Thor's link above ^^

Edited by JerryMouse13

Edit: 

Good news everyone!

Still, it's a bug that players found very fast, why didn't DE test it before releasing it since it was so easy to see?

Still, it's a bug that players found very fast, why didn't DE test it before releasing it since it was so easy to see?

This game is still in the beta stage so there will be bugs. Also yes I am also very unhappy with this nerf to Rhino. I'm also scared for trinity players because their "god mode" is superior to Rhino and they might be hit next with the nerf hammer.

Edit: 

Good news everyone!

The bad news is this will be fixed when crowd control no longer activates only when between two or more inactive corpus turrets and continuity works on frost's snowglobe while hosting. (Meaning probably sometime next year.)

My faith in DE's draining quickly after this update, maybe it's just a kneejerk reaction to the blindingly bad decision and my inability to feel comforted by the good things this patch did. We shall see.

Immortality is completely gone.

Ancient Disrupters can now disrupt you through Iron Skin.

Toxic Ancients hurt now.

Damage is reduced by 80% and seems to work on Damage to shields (Steel Fiber (Armor) only works on Health).

Still can't be staggered or knockdowned. <-- Confirmed.   (an attack that would stagger or knockdown you just pushes you back a bit)

/discuss

good.

This won't affect any players who adopt a good set of tactics. iron skin still has decent amounts of power to allow for solid protection.

It just means rhinoobs can't say IRON SKIN ON, And dash out of a cluster of five ancients that they got themselves into.

real rhino players will notice he has three other abilities as well as heavy stats at his disposal.

good.

This won't affect any players who adopt a good set of tactics. iron skin still has decent amounts of power to allow for solid protection.

It just means rhinoobs can't say IRON SKIN ON, And dash out of a cluster of five ancients that they got themselves into.

real rhino players will notice he has three other abilities as well as heavy stats at his disposal.

what about when a friend goes down? or those chargers that are faster than you catch you? and high level enemies still shred through the iron skin pretty well.

I'm not saying it's not better for the game in general but rhino was second on my list of maybe's and now he's last, absolutely no desire to play him. That said rhino skin may have been a little too much as it was particularly for PvP...Anyway, just glad I don;t have him.

"it was particularly for PvP..."

What PvP? The one that is nonexistent in this game? In Livestream 5 they did state, that they won't add more than dueling, and that they won't change the skills for dueling, because that going to go into a neverending cycle of whines. So I have no idea where did you pulled this from.

The bad news is this will be fixed when crowd control no longer activates only when between two or more inactive corpus turrets and continuity works on frost's snowglobe while hosting. (Meaning probably sometime next year.)

My faith in DE's draining quickly after this update, maybe it's just a kneejerk reaction to the blindingly bad decision and my inability to feel comforted by the good things this patch did. We shall see.

If this is all it takes to shake your faith in the company, you didn't have much to begin with.

That being said, the nerf to rhino wasn't needed I think.  Sure, in easy missions it was godmode, but in harder content you used it more tactfully.  If I was going to have nerfed Iron Skin at all, I would have just increased the energy cost for it.  Say 75 instead of 50.

What they completely ruined him? and here i was thinking that the only thing they had done was turn 100% damage resist into 80%... but now that he's all of a sudden not immune to knockbacks and knockdowns or disrupter bullS#&$ or any other disable you can think of, the ability is fairly worthless... might aswell play ember instead, she has 70% damage reduction + AOE damage.

If this is all it takes to shake your faith in the company, you didn't have much to begin with.

That being said, the nerf to rhino wasn't needed I think.  Sure, in easy missions it was godmode, but in harder content you used it more tactfully.  If I was going to have nerfed Iron Skin at all, I would have just increased the energy cost for it.  Say 75 instead of 50.

I agree with you.

They need to nerf Disruptors next, because they are just absolutely ridiculous.

BAM all Shields and Energy GONE with absolutely no counters to this crap.

They nerfed pretty much one of the only things we had to actually use against the stupid things.

And I JUST finished building Rhino two days ago and they do this? Yeah, nice.

You know, I WAS thinking about making a Platinum purchase.... well I dunno now. I think I'm going to hold off on that. I understand the ability needed a little adjusting, but yeeeesh, was it really necessary to absolutely gut it to where it isn't all that much use whatsoever?

Edited by Xylia

They need to nerf Disruptors next, because they are just absolutely ridiculous.

BAM all Shields and Energy GONE with absolutely no counters to this crap.

They nerfed pretty much one of the only things we had to actually use against the stupid things.

And I JUST finished building Rhino two days ago and they do this? Yeah, nice.

You know, I WAS thinking about making a Platinum purchase.... well I dunno now. I think I'm going to hold off on that. I understand the ability needed a little adjusting, but yeeeesh, was it really necessary to absolutely gut it to where it isn't all that much use whatsoever?

Don't worry, they won't nerf enemies, they'll just keep nerfing all of your favourite frames and weapons until they all don't have unique roles any more and are all pushovers. That's the direction the devs seem to be taking.

This is absolutely ridiculous! =\

Give us back toxin and drain energy immunity... Its not funny.

Now Rhino is useless on defence because high lvl toxic ancients will kill him in a second.

I'm really disappointed. Thinking about purchase plat? Nope. Need improve movement speed or abilities damage and give immunity to toxins and energy draining to Iron skin. Than maybe think about.

Ужас, а не обновление. Все больше воняет донатом. Мерзость.

I think this one has gone too far in the wrong direction.

I mean , balance is important , which is good , but removed the immortality ?

Rhino is one of the biggest (easy to aim)  and slowest (move speed 0.8)  warframes.

Unlike Frost which has snow globe to cover his teammate and Avalanche to damage multiple target.

Rhino has almost no direct damage ability(the damage of Rhino charge is almost useless) , no damage buff ability(such as sonar ,eletric shield) ,

no status buff or debuff ability(such as silence,shield polarize) .

The main purpose of a Rhino in a team is to take damage and crowd control.

But without the immortality , it is almost impossible to get in mass of enemy and stomp the ground.

Even if he could , he is probably injured badly or dead.

Like level 30ups (especially the infeted) 80% damage reduction is just not enogh.

I once saw an Ember with maximum Overheat and Focus , and still got &amp;#&#33; kicked.

They could reduce the duration

or change the way the energy spent (such as,turn on immortal mode spent 25 energy and drain 1 energy every 1 second,etc)

or make continuity can not work with this skill (just like snow globe)

,instead of removing the immortality and making rhino like a storage container filled with patato.

Edited by Rozgriz