Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge Decrease Of Melee Weapons Range Since 16.5

Nikbis

I think the only weapons which still have good range are the whips...

BO Prime also has a more os less nice range, but the hitboxes are borked. If  you attack at point-blank  a bunch of your attacks pass behind the enemy instead of hitting. Very annoying. 

DE has not even acknowledged this as a bug AFAIK.

BO Prime also has a more os less nice range, but the hitboxes are borked. If  you attack at point-blank  a bunch of your attacks pass behind the enemy instead of hitting. Very annoying. 

Rebecca has a few posts back.  I know she's a Community Manager, but that doesn't mean she's a mouthpiece for the QA process so it could only be as far along as an acknowledgement at this point.

Rebecca has a few posts back.  I know she's a Community Manager, but that doesn't mean she's a mouthpiece for the QA process so it could only be as far along as an acknowledgement at this point.

Can you please try this out after 16.10.0?

This fix went in:

'Fixed Grineer Dregs not taking any melee damage when attacked from the front.'

But what is actually involved under the hood could resolve the melee issues being described in this thread because it touches melee as a whole, not just Archwing melee.

My original post here is no longer relevant, it is a different issue. Myth, busted.

Thank you for sharing a video capture!

It won't die - there is just no immediate cure as diagnosis is ongoing.

I'm hoping melee hitboxes are fixed by 17.2.

Daggergs, Whips, most horizontal sweeps/slashes seem to still have functioning hitboxes.

[DE]Rebecca and [DE]Drew have acknowledged the diminished melee hitboxes.....I try to bring it up in chat on live streams, but seems people are to gun-happy and only care that melee mobility is being removed....

At least [DE]Rebecca is checking in, until hitboxes are fully restored.

Bumping this, and adding my own +1 - Again

This needs a fix, and it shouldn't be too hard to do. Just... Make the hitboxes larger, and increase most (if not all) weapon range to what it used to be.

Seriously, when my galatine blade goes THROUGH an enemy even w/max reach, there's a problem. This belongs in BUGS, not feedback.

Unless you want to let all new players know that stuff like this happens all the time, and that their melee weapons range isn't even the same as what the visual models are. That some weapons will just not hit stuff, and pass through stuff, but I'm sure they'll just deal with it.

*Or, like the ~1.5% of players that actually play the game shows - People stop playing after a while because they're tired of crazy bugs (that are deemed "feedback") and grindwalls.

Not sure if this is the same issue or not, but I noticed that after the update, my prisma cleavers won't hit anything anymore, even when standing right up against an enemy.

It seems that attacking from slightly further away lets me get a hit or two in, but by then I've moved forward again, missing the rest of the attacks.

Oddly, this doesn't seem to be affecting any of my other melee weapons.

Not sure if this is the same issue or not, but I noticed that after the update, my prisma cleavers won't hit anything anymore, even when standing right up against an enemy.

It seems that attacking from slightly further away lets me get a hit or two in, but by then I've moved forward again, missing the rest of the attacks.

Having same issue with Cleavers. The hitboxes seem to be too exact, as if you have to literally touch the enemy with your blade, and even then it seems to miss half the time. I've given up on actually meleeing for now cuz its a mess.

still not fixed with the update ? seems so for a few weapons

you guys might have to accept its intentional to ensure melee weapons stay extremely close range after primed reach first came out people were slicing things up in shotgun range out to 20m so they pulled the range in to avoid overlap with firearms 

the wonky hitboxes however are really frustrating, saps the fun out of melee play if your used to how the weapons connected before this arose

I can confirm that.

still not fixed with the update ? seems so for a few weapons

you guys might have to accept its intentional to ensure melee weapons stay extremely close range after primed reach first came out people were slicing things up in shotgun range out to 20m so they pulled the range in to avoid overlap with firearms 

the wonky hitboxes however are really frustrating, saps the fun out of melee play if your used to how the weapons connected before this arose

I highly doubt it's intentional. They did remove the forward momentum from air/slide melee, so giving melee weapons even less range with Primed Reach really isn't productive... also, they've been tracking this without success for months.