Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge Decrease Of Melee Weapons Range Since 16.5

Nikbis

Looks like Dragon Nikana range even with primed reach  is also bugged can't even stealth kill a grineer or anything without having to go to there  backs at point blank range this is getting  disappointing. Hope de finds this bug soon, don't ya wished there was no such thing as bugs like this one? nothing will never be fixed since another bug will just  take its place one of these days maybe. Bugs go away and stop ruining warframe for us all :(. Maybe the hitbox on Excavation towers hitbox caused this?

i do not think it is the melee range it seems to be the hit detection, it have hit things, seen blood fly and the hit has not registered.

I think this guy's onto something here, as it no longer only affects melee. See the thread here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/502196-bugged-hit-detection-since-u17

HOPEFULLY, DE (now knowing what a root of the BUG might be) can now do some real work on this.

Also, in reply to those that suggest range was needed because of primed reach - I shudder to think of a what a game coded on a curve would be like. Fun? No. Average? Yup!

While my Scindo P + Primed Reach is still able to hit things, is now has considerably less range than before U17. I would say that with Primed Reach it has around the same range now it had before without.

So yeah I can perfectly understand why short range weapons like the Dual Cleavers can't hit anything anymore. Those did not really have any range to begin with and when you take over half of that (that's around what the Scindo P lost in range) already pretty much not existing range away.... you get weapons that can not even destroy storage containers right in front of them without jumping in the air and doing that slam attack..

I just recently started playing Warframe but noticed this aswell. The reach of some weapons feels really short. I even died several times to a Corpus guy with a shotgun. I could not hit him because he was standing one step below me on the stairs. I thought this must be a bug or the worst hit detection ive ever seen. Also hitting these dogs or the crawling Infested is impossible without crouching. Feels kinda wrong when im using a weapon which is as large as the guy im playing.

DE when will you fix this more than 20 patches still no fix for this.

even if they fix it for you guys they won't pre-patch it for consoles before release; which actually is the part that saddens me the most. They did that with the Strun Wraith re-release after Den of Kubrow event for the PVP patch even though it was originally reported by PC over a month in advance and fixed. 

Just got my Ack and Brunt, was trying it out...

Equinox's Sleep on Drahk is especially horrible. Can't hit them with anything short of ground slam.

Grineer's new backpack can protect them from melee about 270 degree. :/

And I was testing with Orthos Prime.