Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge Decrease Of Melee Weapons Range Since 16.5

Nikbis

@Monster-T

Your topic has been deleted, so I suppose someone from DE knows...? :s
Plus, it says "You do not have permission to view this topic". Maybe not deleted but just hidden, sent somewhere else out from our view.

That's a lot of guessings I know but trust me, I'm the 1st who want the melee range back to pre-16.5.
So I hope they know and wait for further infos. Meanwhile I don't let this thread fall down and gather upvotes/views as much as possible.

why has this not been addressed yet ? its not going to sweep itself under a rug and disappear eh 

if its a stealth nerf then at least explain why 

if its a unintended bug then does anyone even know about it and is working to fix it 

if its for performance reasons well ok 

at this rate everyone who invested credits and fusion cores into primed reach will need a refund / compensation

The fun part is that I sold it. I knew melee weapons are going to get curb stomped.

Is this an actual problem? Id like to get a definite answer because i dont notice a difference. I use short range weapons like claws and fists so maybe only the polearm users are noticing it?

I tried some of these short range weapons. Well, you know, I took the Jat Kittag as main weapon beacause of its so hugh range (and the slam, and its look, and my lovely Shattered village combo <3 ).

Claws were such a frustration to me, I baned these to my weaponery, so can't tell any difference. But I should guess there is not.

BTW I use Valkyr, the very few times I used her 4, I haven't noticed any difference.

PS4 Update downloading now...I'll test and see if Melee range is bugged post 16.5...

Thx for the feedback =)

got the Update on PS4 now and played a bit, cannot actually say that i would have noticed any difference in Melee Weapon Range - but wasn't particularly observing that part either. 

but what i did notice however is that the Leap Attack Values of all my Melee Weapon Setups are now exactly half of what they were before the Update! so this naturally makes me have lots of questions about it:

is this a Bug? is this a Fix? did i miss a Patchnote about it? more importantly - does anything actually has changed about it's Damage in the Field (have Damage Numbers getting displayed on Enemies turned off - so i don't even know if anything has changed for real outside of the Stats displayed in the Arsenal)? and lastly: was it the same on PC with 16.5? 

Edited by (PS4)HELLHOUND_ROCKO

Melee Reach is bugged on PS4.

Cannot break Corpus Cameras - Serro Max Primed Reach quick-melee...ugh

Obex is even worse missing Enemies at point blank w/Max Primed Reach

got the Update on PS4 now and played a bit, cannot actually say that i would have noticed any difference in Melee Weapon Range - but wasn't particularly observing that part either.

but what i did notice however is that the Leap Attack Values of all my Melee Weapon Setups are now exactly half of what they were before the Update! so this naturally makes me have lots of questions about it:

is this a Bug? is this a Fix? did i miss a Patchnote about it? more importantly - does anything actually has changed about it's Damage in the Field (have Damage Numbers getting displayed on Enemies turned off - so i don't even know if anything has changed for real outside of the Stats displayed in the Arsenal)? and lastly: was it the same on PC with 16.5?

Yeah leap attack UI is halved.

Bugged I hope. Submitted bug: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/469812-update-1659-melee-leap-attack-ui-damage-halved/

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

I can tell that you did'nt miss any patchnotes.

Yep, U16.7.1.
And still nothing yet.

Can't tell if the Leap attack changed aswell on PC, 'cuz I haven't logged on IG for a while. Too p*ssed off to let it go and keep playing.
Seriously, that's a shame...

Yep. Impossible to hit enemies on lower ground, impossible to hit infested crawlers... its all obvious to me - buy maxed primed reach for 800) omnomnomnom) De happy - spice must flow)

Edited by Grom-84

Can one of the "big names" get the attention of DE in regards to melee-range?

Seems like this range (bug?) has flushed out the small portion of Tenno that use melee.

Probably won't be hotfixed on PS4, but I am eager to see this issue fixed on PC. I need a glimmer of hope that I can have melee range fixed on PS4.

I think it's the nail in the coffin for me. Playing on PS4, and my game has been crashing after every match and sometimes even before selecting a match for three consecutive updates... Meaning I barely play anymore asides from short bouts to grab stuff during events.

And now, as a melee player, it's pretty much impossible to hit flying enemies like corpus drones and to clear rooms like before... Heck, to me the new patch absoultely broke the feel of melee weapons, before I was sliding and dismembering enemies all over the place with My Dragon Ninkana, feeling like a cool Ninja, now I struggle to defeat a single flying enemy as I keep jumping and trying to hit it in the air with a sword, but even when jumping the hit detection is so small I often have to jump four times per single osprey.

I'm assuming it is a bug, but if it's not, what a dumb move !!! The whole point of Melee 2.0 was to make melee viable... And this change makes it extremely tedious due to piss poor range and the unability to hit flying targets. It was already pretty tedious to deal with the corpus's cameras and the Grineer's "Let's steal your energy" doorways, but now every single flying enemy is a tedium to deal with...

Also, adding  those osprey thingies that drop blue AOE fields that basically destroy your shield all over the place, coupled with an event where you wait for like 10 minutes for credits to upload while a droid constantly fires AOE attacks that knock you down and you get an update that feels more like a downgrade than anything else.

Kinda reminds me of their brillant idea to remove all colors from mod cards, turning them into gold, silver and bronze images, then shrink them in the inventory so you can no longer see their picture, meaning every time you want to equip one, you have to read every single mod's name one by one instead of scrolling until you see the color/image and equipping it... Sometimes it feels like someone at DE has no clue what works and what doesn't...

Hopefully things will get sorted one day, I'll be able to play this game without it crashing every 10 minutes and maybe enjoy it's content without DE changing what works for kicks every few months...

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

I think it's the nail in the coffin for me. Playing on PS4, and my game has been crashing after every match and sometimes even before selecting a match for three consecutive updates... Meaning I barely play anymore asides from short bouts to grab stuff during events.

And now, as a melee player, it's pretty much impossible to hit flying enemies like corpus drones and to clear rooms like before... Heck, to me the new patch absoultely broke the feel of melee weapons, before I was sliding and dismembering enemies all over the place with My Dragon Ninkana, feeling like a cool Ninja, now I struggle to defeat a single flying enemy as I keep jumping and trying to hit it in the air with a sword, but even when jumping the hit detection is so small I often have to jump four times per single osprey.

I'm assuming it is a bug, but if it's not, what a dumb move !!! The whole point of Melee 2.0 was to make melee viable... And this change makes it extremely tedious due to piss poor range and the unability to hit flying targets. It was already pretty tedious to deal with the corpus's cameras and the Grineer's "Let's steal your energy" doorways, but now every single flying enemy is a tedium to deal with...

Also, adding  those osprey thingies that drop blue AOE fields that basically destroy your shield all over the place, coupled with an event where you wait for like 10 minutes for credits to upload while a droid constantly fires AOE attacks that knock you down and you get an update that feels more like a downgrade than anything else.

Kinda reminds me of their brillant idea to remove all colors from mod cards, turning them into gold, silver and bronze images, then shrink them in the inventory so you can no longer see their picture, meaning every time you want to equip one, you have to read every single mod's name one by one instead of scrolling until you see the color/image and equipping it... Sometimes it feels like someone at DE has no clue what works and what doesn't...

Hopefully things will get sorted one day, I'll be able to play this game without it crashing every 10 minutes and maybe enjoy it's content without DE changing what works for kicks every few months...

Just a little tip to be still slightly able to do melee: try to get primed reach. I know, its just a bad bandaid, but at least it should help a bit.

Also, adding those osprey thingies that drop blue AOE fields that basically destroy your shield all over the place, coupled with an event where you wait for like 10 minutes for credits to upload while a droid constantly fires AOE attacks that knock you down and you get an update that feels more like a downgrade than anything else.

yeah I think I'm quiting warframe

Anyone realize that if you're hitting an enemy above you, for instance, on a ramp, you'll hit the enemy? If you hit them while you're the one above them however, you'll swing over their head unless you do a slam attack each time. Pretty inconsistent, and it's annoying to have to run down the ramp and then hit them from underneath. Just thought I'd put this out there.