Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge Decrease Of Melee Weapons Range Since 16.5

Nikbis

I'm getting wildly different results depending on whether I have melee auto targeting (MAT) option on or off.

For example when using galatine with Tempo Royale when I'm really close to enemy (MAT on) I get pushed back away from the enemy to hit them with just the tip of the weapon, it feels pretty horrible. When I turn MAT off I can slice like normal.

On the other hand some weapons are completely unusable without MAT... claws and sparring weapons being a good example. Claws in particular are completely unusable as I find my attacks sliding to either side of the enemy instead of hitting them. Or just completely missing altogether.

This needs more testing, but so far it leads me to conclude that MAT is broken making it massive liability for some weapons and complete requirement for others.

I'm not sure whether this is just separete to the range problem or part/cause of it, but it's something to consider. Imho the hit detection in general feels like it's getting worse with every patch. I used to rely on melee pretty heavily but lately I've been turning to guns more and more, the reason seems to be that melee feels worse and worse to use... surely it isn't just me.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I'm getting wildly different results depending on whether I have melee auto targeting (MAT) option on or off.

For example when using galatine with Tempo Royale when I'm really close to enemy (MAT on) I get pushed back away from the enemy to hit them with just the tip of the weapon, it feels pretty horrible. When I turn MAT off I can slice like normal.

On the other hand some weapons are completely unusable without MAT... claws and sparring weapons being a good example. Claws in particular are completely unusable as I find my attacks sliding to ehtier side of the enemy instead of hitting them. Or just completely missing altogether.

This needs more testing, but so far it leads me to conclude that MAT is broken making it massive liability for some weapons and complete requirement for others.

I'm nots sure whether this is just separete to the range problem or part/cause of it, but it's something to consider. Imho the hit detection in general feels like it's getting worse with every patch. I used to rely on melee pretty heavily but lately I've been turning to guns more and more, the reason seems to be that melee feels worse and worse to use... surely it isn't just me.

I cant speak for MAT, because I only play with these option off. And I can say surely that melee is broken too without said option.

Same here im experiencing frustations with tombo even with prime reach on ps4 , theres something really really wrong with melee range ! Many times we keep hitting but without get any hit on enemies im thinking about post a video showing it to clearly show what im talking about .

i'm gonna be that guy...

Huge*

Now that that's over, I've noticed this, even though my weapon clearly slams into the enemies skull on a lower part of the staircase, it doesn't register as a hit. and where before that was less common, now it happens ALL THE TIME. Hek, even the hitbox to the sides of my character during certain swings won't hit the enemy unless my hilt touches them, so the whole multihit thing with certain weapons just doesn't happen as often as it looks like it should.

Anyone realize that if you're hitting an enemy above you, for instance, on a ramp, you'll hit the enemy? If you hit them while you're the one above them however, you'll swing over their head unless you do a slam attack each time. Pretty inconsistent, and it's annoying to have to run down the ramp and then hit them from underneath. Just thought I'd put this out there.

Yes ive noticed it too and pointed on it here on topic about fighting infested. Simply fighting on stairs or ledges is pain and suffering 9 out of 10 swings will miss even with mele auto targeting, i never used this setting before, but now i turned this on because it's impossible to hit anything even with such long weapons like orthos or tipedo.

On the other hand some weapons are completely unusable without MAT... claws and sparring weapons being a good example. Claws in particular are completely unusable as I find my attacks sliding to either side of the enemy instead of hitting them. Or just completely missing altogether.

I'm not sure whether this is just separete to the range problem or part/cause of it, but it's something to consider. Imho the hit detection in general feels like it's getting worse with every patch. I used to rely on melee pretty heavily but lately I've been turning to guns more and more, the reason seems to be that melee feels worse and worse to use... surely it isn't just me.

I tested with MAT - On compared to MAT-OFF : Both still have diminished melee Range

I'm using Serro with Max Reach and I am having difficulty hitting corpus cameras on Vertical swings and/or Directional Air-melee attacks on same cameras.

Prior to update (PS4 went from 16.3 to 16.5.9) I could hit the low Corpus Cameras with a simple slide-attack and tall cameras like in spy vaults with vertical swing or directional air melee.

(In the Corpus Vault where you need to turn off Lasers on Floor: I could stand at Rear Vent and Quick-melee both the upper & lower Camera with 1 attack)

Also, with Obex w/Max Primed Reach I could Brutal Tide Flair Kick the lower Corpus Cameras, 16.3 build. MAT On/OFf does not allow me to kick cameras on 16.5.9 build.

Also, it seems the Electric Proc from Serro and Obex (Brutal Tide Rushing Fire) received decreased Range...but that might be because Electric Range was affected by Reach(?)

Thanks for your videos !

About the bonus... I could do many, SO MANY "home runs" with enemies, again, before 16.5. Not a single one since then.
It felt way less important compared to melee range that I forgot. Yet, I miss it too...

Edit : Actually, everything in melee combat has been broken, right ?

Edited by Nikbis

Thanks for your videos !

About the bonus... I could do many, SO MANY "home runs" with enemies, again, before 16.5. Not a single one since then.

It felt way less important compared to melee range that I forgot. Yet, I miss it too...

Edit : Actually, everything in melee combat has been broken, right ?

Much obliged, and yes melee combat has had everything broken at one point or another.

Right now it seems very counterproductive that DE is releasing new melee weapons but not paying attention to melee mechanics.

Reach/Range and leap attack being halved seem like they should be very noticeble for anyone who uses melee regularly.

To players that prefer guns over melee: these bugged melee mechanics only help with melee not being viable.

Even the Anku has it, so it must be a big. Ask about it on the Dev stream.

I posted in the Devstream Question thread:

Please address Melee diminished cleave/range (Affects Normal melee and Archmelee) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/458319-hugh-decrease-of-melee-weapons-range-since-165/

Also Melee Leap Attack has been halved

Also any new Mutalist Weapons in the works?

Dual Corpus Taser Daggers (Shortened Provas)

Or Mutalist Obex (Barrier actually adds Gas or Viral Damage)

Maybe some upvotes so Rebecca puts it on the list: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/472978-coming-soon-devstream-54/page-12#entry5271659