Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge Decrease Of Melee Weapons Range Since 16.5

Nikbis

if you skip to 1:05 you can see dogman triping the corrupted bombard with brutal tides first combo. this was before update 16.5. This does not work anymore

I did more tests to be 100% sure. I couldn't reproduce what Dan did. To be fair, I'm almost certain that's an issue with the stance itself. Some other ones weren't functioning properly in terms of executing special actions.

G1fXnaL.jpg

I did more tests to be 100% sure. I couldn't reproduce what Dan did. To be fair, I'm almost certain that's an issue with the stance itself. Some other ones weren't functioning properly in terms of executing special actions.

G1fXnaL.jpg

thanks again , i really appreciated. && ill make a thread about it in feedback weapons then. 

Can you please try this out after 16.10.0?

This fix went in:

'Fixed Grineer Dregs not taking any melee damage when attacked from the front.'

But what is actually involved under the hood could resolve the melee issues being described in this thread because it touches melee as a whole, not just Archwing melee.

Very glad to have an Official Dev response.

Looking from Console builds....something changed from Console 16.3 build to 16.5.9, that made melee reach wonky.(Since Console builds are less frequent, it may easier to pin-point what exactly was changed between these builds to restore melee reach on PC, since cameras still seem to be an issue & Obex not tripping post PC 16.10.0)

Not sure what was changed coding wise, but examples of Obex Brutal tide tripping w/max Primed Reach & being able to break corpus cameras(16.3); then Polearams w/max reach not hitting Cameras(16.5.9)......this raised concerns

Video post:

Here is some video comparisons between 16.5.9 (Current PS4 build) vs 16.3(Previous PS4 build)

Serro w/Max Primed Reach16.5.9 diminished melee range16.3 footage with Extended melee range

Obex w/Max Primed Reach on 16.3able to Brutal tide Flair kick Corpus Cameras

As a bonus: Proper Nullifier Sparta Kick

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Did some testing yesterday (sorry no screenshots)

Tempo Royale has a hard time hitting anything with both Scindo Prime and Galatine that's below the average height i.e. crawlers and Kubrows. Ankyros Prime's quick melee as well. Frequently, swinging at Brawlers will put you on top of them, if the combo has forward momentum. You can also stand on crawlers and the like. The Anku seems to hit crawlers sometimes with the quick melee, but I noticed it was only when they were attacking.

The Dragon Ninkana with Blind Justice hit crawlers on the 2nd strike only, half the time.

Did some testing yesterday (sorry no screenshots)

Tempo Royale has a hard time hitting anything with both Scindo Prime and Galatine that's below the average height i.e. crawlers and Kubrows. Ankyros Prime's quick melee as well. Frequently, swinging at Brawlers will put you on top of them, if the combo has forward momentum. You can also stand on crawlers and the like. The Anku seems to hit crawlers sometimes with the quick melee, but I noticed it was only when they were attacking.

The Dragon Ninkana with Blind Justice hit crawlers on the 2nd strike only, half the time.

For Tempo Royale, aim down when you do the 3rd strike of the first combo. It is the one that is almost verticle. Most of the time I can hit those crawlers and such fairly easily with that.

This still up in consoles thats really sad , we can't reach ospreys , flying enemies , many times even with terrain enemies if you are melee camera tracks target option and hit cameras even with maxed primed reach is always impossible without an very very very very precise hit ... Plz fix it DE

They still have the issue on PC. I reckon once they rectify melee reach.on PC we will get patch.

Anyone know if they comparing melee.hitbixes from pre Boltace to current diminished hitboxes?

Console 16.3 melee were useable, dare I say "Proper".....Currently they are frustrating and "anti-sword alone"

The only melee weapons worth using atm are those with still enough range to be able to hit what's in front of you.

> Tipedo

> Orthos Prime

> Atterax

> Tonbo

Those are pretty much the only melee weapons I'm still using atm. Those can still hit flying enemies and enemies low to the ground.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

The only melee weapons worth using atm are those with still enough range to be able to hit what's in front of you.

> Tipedo

> Orthos Prime

> Atterax

> Tonbo

Those are pretty much the only melee weapons I'm still using atm. Those can still hit flying enemies and enemies low to the ground.

Non of those can hit flying enemy anymore.

Oddly Daggers can hit both Flying targets and high Corpus Cameras with Homing Fang + Max Primed Reach.

I'll add a video later today.

Sheev w/Max Range still usable with wonky hotboxes

My Sheev is more reliable at hitting Cameras and Osprey than my Serro w/max Primed Reach.....melee reach - I have no idea what code was changed.

It is dependant on type of attack.

Homing Fang's Life-Eater combo and Lashing Forward combos still have working reach.

But Cutting Arches will miss enemies point blank, with Warframe physically making contact with enemy.(Akin to Brutal Tide no longer tripping enemies)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi