Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge Decrease Of Melee Weapons Range Since 16.5

Nikbis

Example of Sheev w/Max Primed Reach having more vertical range than Serro w/Primed Reach

Serro w/Max Primed Reach 16.3 PS4 build (pre-16.5)

Corpus Cameras are easily within cleave range

Post 16.5.9 Hitboxes are diminished on most stance/weapons:

Serro w/Max Primed Reach unable to strike Cameras

But...Sheev w/Max Primed Reach is able to uppercut Cameras

Adding insult to injury:

...Sheev w/Max Range still usable with wonky Hitboxes

My Sheev is more reliable at hitting Cameras and Osprey than my Serro w/max Primed Reach.....melee reach - I have no idea what code was changed.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Most of the time in melee now, I either stand right in their face or I end up feeling like that racoon in the  "Do Want" meme due to them being juuuuuust out of range because I failed to be to be standing on their Grineer toes.

With Sparring (Obex/Kogake) the Flair kick in Brutal Tide is grossly underwhelming when you are right in their face with Max Primed Reach.

- It actually seems to have a 'sweet spot' where you need to be a certain distance for it to 'connect'. (Extremely frustrating as melee auto-target closes the gap when turnednon and without Melee auto-target the other attacks whiff at the air)

Can you please try this out after 16.10.0?

This fix went in:

'Fixed Grineer Dregs not taking any melee damage when attacked from the front.'

But what is actually involved under the hood could resolve the melee issues being described in this thread because it touches melee as a whole, not just Archwing melee. 

My original post here is no longer relevant, it is a different issue. Myth, busted.

Video proof,

-Snip-

Thank you for sharing a video capture!

Don't let this die folks !

It won't die - there is just no immediate cure as diagnosis is ongoing.

I thought maybe I was just crazy but it definitely seems true. I notice this the most when:

* I try to use a finisher with the fang weapons or anything short.

* I have to be at point blank range to hit anything when using the scythe style polearms.

My original post here is no longer relevant, it is a different issue. Myth, busted.

Thank you for sharing a video capture!

It won't die - there is just no immediate cure as diagnosis is ongoing.

Thank you for the consistency, I honestly felt this died after your first acknowledgement.

Hopefully this will soon be fixed.

Edited by LazerSkink

Awesome, ty Rebb!!  I have noticed instances of the kogake with brutal tide literally doing absolutely 0 damage on the 2nd (breakdance swirl kick) hit on PS4. The range issue doesn't seem as prominant on PC since that fix went in for the dregs, but it is definitely still there somewhat-- as it stands on PS4 it's almost impossible to melee kill a camera with directional melee.

If it helps at all-- I noticed this right around / just after the riot moa event went in on PC-- and 16.5 for PS4

I cant recall a time when you could. Always been a problem in my opinion.

Unless they change how melee targeting works, this is a big problem.

You can't even hit enemies 1m above you with melee for the time being.

Has anyone noticed that you cannot hit enemies on a downslope?

I cant recall a time when you could. Always been a problem in my opinion.

16.3 on PS4 I could hit enemies on a downslope on stairs or Earth/Europa/Phobos hills

-Prime Reach felt like viable melee hitboxes

I don't have much recorded from when hitboxes were working...

Orokin Void stairs Max Primed Reach on 16.3 PS4 build

Orokin Derelict enemies below me and short stair case

Currently Obex with Brutal Tide just whiffs at enemies below and sometimes directly in front of you.

When normal hitboxes are fixed I will test downslope melee.

From 16.3 my go to melee weapon was quick-melee Serro it had no issues hitting enemies downslope or up high, w/Max Primed Reach. Just amazing hitbox coverage.

Has anyone noticed that you cannot hit enemies on a downslope?

And often on upslopes. The hit locations seem off when you are at angles.

It makes even less sense to me when I can hit Ospreys in mid-air with any polearm, but not the Crewman at my feet who is shooting me from a step away because he is up or down a little.

Tried with Amphis, Bo, Bo Prime, Orthos, Orthos Prime, Serro, Tipedo, and Tonbo. Results varied widely, Serro and Tipedo had the best hit detection and STILL would rarely hit enemies on slopes.

Edited by Kalenath

This is indeed still the ongoing issue. I would like to confirm I also have been experiencing all sorts of short-ranged melee issues regardless of the weapon.

In my humble opinion, to make melee more viable the reach of melee weapons should be increased even further than the original from which they were reduced.