The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On A Prime Access Shop?

Z3ROWOLFHD

I don't normally snag PA packs but this idea is not good purely because Prime Access features limited time items that will never be available again, making them available again is like saying a piece of candy was priced at $50 but was never available again and is now a collectors item but the company went and brought it out again in a large quantity for a measly price of $3-$6.

How would the candy collectors feel if they spent something so rare and valuable only to be made available again for a lower price for people who missed it and are asking for it just because they want it.

They never said that the items will never be available again. It can be rotated in future Prime Accesses.

And of course it won't be sold at the measly price of $3-$6. We're talking about at least $10-$40 per item here, whichever looks rational.

I am all for the store like that.

I just don't NEED 90-day boosters which are ALWAYS tangled to those accessory packs and bloat the price out of proportion.

2 x (80/7*90) = ~2050 pl or 25$ with 75% off plat discount

Now if you offer me just the cosmetics set for 20-25 bucks, I will sure considering buying it like a lot of people there.

Something more: the idea of having a PA shop opening for the first say 30 days of every new PA so that people who missed the old ones can buy them is very cool.

That said the packages should stay exactly the same. No separate pieces sold. No way. PA customers would at that point be ripped off. Let alone for the fact that almost nobody would buy PA anymore since they could get only the things they want at a lower price.

Another big no is making them tradeable with in game currency. Just no. Cash only.

Something more: the idea of having a PA shop opening for the first say 30 days of every new PA so that people who missed the old ones can buy them is very cool.

That said the packages should stay exactly the same. No separate pieces sold. No way. PA customers would at that point be ripped off. Let alone for the fact that almost nobody would buy PA anymore since they could get only the things they want at a lower price.

Another big no is making them tradeable with in game currency. Just no. Cash only.

As I said, the only thing I personally REALLY wish was gone from the accessories pack were boosters. They are an expensive and completely unnessesary component of the accessories bundle. The rest should indeed be sold as whole and not separated.

I mean, let's be fair. If I see accessories bundle, I expect to pay for the accessories bundle. I want to support devs and get a purely decorative ingame thingy for it, that's fair. Why should I also pay for something which basically doubles the price of the bundle which is not even an accessory?

"I don't have so give me it 10 times cheaper because I want it"

No. PA should stay as it is, one time deal, you missed one, you still can have something exclusive that will never return. I missed Noru, Misa and Samus, but now I have Edo, Targis and Pyra Prime and Im happy with it, I have my piece of exclusive cosmetics I don't need every single one

As I said, the only thing I personally REALLY wish was gone from the accessories pack were boosters. They are an expensive and completely unnessesary component of the accessories bundle. The rest should indeed be sold as whole and not separated.

I mean, let's be fair. If I see accessories bundle, I expect to pay for the accessories bundle. I want to support devs and get a purely decorative ingame thingy for it, that's fair. Why should I also pay for something which basically doubles the price of the bundle which is not even an accessory?

To be honest while i personally agree with you i can also tell you that doing something like that would create a lot of problems. In order:

- PA gets bought way less and you have fa more people buying only separate things or accessories without the boosters

- gross income decrease for DE

- people wait for the accessories to be released later, that leads to a slowdown of gross income and could potentially create problems

- past PA buyers will feel ripped off, and rightly so

- considering PA buyers are the most faithful customers DE can hope to have i think crossong them would be very unwise.

Just make the old packets available periodically at the exact same conditions they were originally available at.

Anything else imho would be really unfair to old PA buyers. To be clear, i did not buy any one PA, i've seen the last of Nova's and Volt's.

To be honest while i personally agree with you i can also tell you that doing something like that would create a lot of problems. In order:

- PA gets bought way less and you have fa more people buying only separate things or accessories without the boosters

- gross income decrease for DE

- people wait for the accessories to be released later, that leads to a slowdown of gross income and could potentially create problems

- past PA buyers will feel ripped off, and rightly so

- considering PA buyers are the most faithful customers DE can hope to have i think crossong them would be very unwise.

Just make the old packets available periodically at the exact same conditions they were originally available at.

Anything else imho would be really unfair to old PA buyers. To be clear, i did not buy any one PA, i've seen the last of Nova's and Volt's.

- No separate things are available, boosters shouldn't be on the accessory packs during their initial release either

- This one is debatable. I know for a fact quite a few people are turned away from 50$ price tag since like me they don't want to pay for boosters.

- See point one. "Boosters shouldn't be on the accessory packs during their initial release either"

- The only somewhat legitimate concern I'd have myself. Though it's like complaining that Steam sales are unfair to people who bought games at release at full price.

- MR17-19s which make a bulk of faithful Warframe players don't even need credit and especially affinity boosters. There's simply nothing or very little left to level really.

IMO ideally system should be modular and work like this:

- Each module has its own price (determined by DE)

- So you want to buy PA

-- You tick every point you want to buy for cash

-- Like you select frame and/or weapons and/or accessories and/or boosters (the latter being obviously cheaper than if you buy 90 days worth of boosters manually).

-- You also get to choose the boosters you want

-- In the end you get a total which you can then proceed to pay. It's YOUR hard-earned (or not if you don't work lol) cash after all.

PA Store should also work exactly like this. Same price per "module" as normal PA.

That kind of mentality is what is cancer to this community.

You were there. You thought about buying the armor set. You did not.

The only reason you're coming up with an idea for a "Prime Access Shop" is because you're just trying to shield the fact you're only doing it for yourself. You could care less about other people having it, you only regret not buying it and are now trying to come up with a way to make them return in what seems like an idea that makes you look like you care about others.

You were there. You thought about buying the armor set. You did not.

The only reason you're coming up with an idea for a "Prime Access Shop" is because you're just trying to shield the fact you're only doing it for yourself. You could care less about other people having it, you only regret not buying it and are now trying to come up with a way to make them return in what seems like an idea that makes you look like you care about others.

Most of our actions are egoistic at their core, you have to learn that.

Now I can tell a similar thing about you. You bought it and now you want to feel all exclusive and you don't care about what other people feel or want. Atm you are trying to prevent them from coming back while trying to look like you care about others.

The only actual difference between those statements? Yours won't bring DE extra profit should it be taken as the course of action :P

I paid 150$ for Misa Syandana, it was the ONLY way to get it.

You want it. Pay 150$.

Well, you also got a frame + weapons (with potatos and slots) + boosters you most likely used.

Steam sales must be a real nightmare for you, aren't they? I mean I personally bought quite a few games on their release and now on sales they cost 75% less than they used to. And then Origin has free games now and then, and of course let's not forget the Humble Bundle. THE HORRORS D:

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

One of the Devs actually said "probably not coming back" as a reply to a "Prime Access Accessory Rotation?" post. So, I would assume a "Prime Access Shop" is highly unlikely. In addition, if Prime Access Accessories do come back, they will probably be in teh exact same packages they are now for the exact same price (except maybe a new Ember Prime Access pack, as there was no accessory pack with that one). I have no idea where the post is, if I find it I will throw it in here. 

Edit: Found it (unless someone else already did, I only read three pages in)

Warframe%20-%20AccessoriesDrew_zpsdsurauSo... guess that means Not Soon™

Edited by DrBorris

Well, you also got a frame + weapons (with potatos and slots) + boosters you most likely used.

Steam sales must be a real nightmare for you, aren't they? I mean I personally bought quite a few games on their release and now on sales they cost 75% less than they used to. And then Origin has free games now and then, and of course let's not forget the Humble Bundle. THE HORRORS D:

True, but i wasn't offered the option to get just the syandana or anything under 150$, also, the writing of the first PA, where misa came from, said it was exclusive to that prime access.

Same founder rules apply here. Either you get the pack, or you don't get it. 

Standalones are a bad idea. I would never spend 150$ if I knew i could hand pick what i wanted later down the road for a few dollars. Never.

Steam sales have nothing to do with this, we all know eventually games become much cheaper, 'complete edition' are released.

Alright, here's my suggestion: I advocate implementing something like this, but it would be much more exclusive, and it would let the items being offered again retain is exclusivity to a certain extent.

How about a shop, similar to the one you proposed here, that will rotate with specific prime accesses on their anniversaries. For instance, since you brought up the Misa Prime (by the way I would give almost anything for another chance to pick it up), have this "Prime Accessory Shop" rotate the Misa Prime in on November 21st to December 1st. I believe that the Ember Prime Access was made available on that starting date, however I could be wrong. After this rotation, the shop will close until the next anniversary, which would be Rhino. Open the shop for a week offering those accessories then close it up. I think you get the idea here... 

Anyways, with this system the accessories themselves could retain their exclusivity to an extent. Just an idea.

Edited by Flight.Level

The only thing that's exclusive is The founder pack.

Everything else can come back, so i suppose soon or later you will have the chance to get it again.

A prime access shop would be great, but i don't know if it's a possible thing.

This. Founder an beta-tester rewards are the ONLY thing that DE has ever said will never come back. The Prime Access stuff specifically states that it can come back later, so...anyone demanding that it not come back needs to pipe down.

New player here.

I would not be opposed to a Prime Access shop. For me, it would have to include the same items and pricing as the prior Prime Access. A discount would not be warranted because I want the FULL prime access, even the boosters. I don't have a lot of time, but I can save up the money...

Rob

True, but i wasn't offered the option to get just the syandana or anything under 150$, also, the writing of the first PA, where misa came from, said it was exclusive to that prime access.

Same founder rules apply here. Either you get the pack, or you don't get it. 

Standalones are a bad idea. I would never spend 150$ if I knew i could hand pick what i wanted later down the road for a few dollars. Never.

Steam sales have nothing to do with this, we all know eventually games become much cheaper, 'complete edition' are released.

See, that's the difference between you and me.

I would have done it at the time because I'd be trying to help and support the game I like, so I would have still bought it at $150 back then, even if I knew I could get it cheaper later on.

You wouldn't do it at the time because you were trying to pinch a penny in the process.

@OP And others supporting this idea:
Here is something directly from the Prime Access FAQ page:

Will the Exclusive items be available in-game after a new pack is available?
No. The Exclusive items in Prime Access are Exclusive to the Prime Access Program. You may see them rotated within the Program but they will not be made available in-game

That already puts a huge no to your idea.  They will remain exclusive to the PA program, not released outside of that.
So they really can't just have a separate shop where you can use plat to buy the PA accessories you want for a massive discount.
So really its pointless to go much beyond that.

Similarly as others have posted the image, currently DE is not considering bringing old PA things back to begin with.
While they are leaving the possibility open they aren't planning on using it.  Mostly because it will drastically hurt income from that PA.
Edited by Tsukinoki

@OP And others supporting this idea:

Here is something directly from the Prime Access FAQ page:

That already puts a huge no to your idea.  They will remain exclusive to the PA program, not released outside of that.
So they really can't just have a separate shop where you can use plat to buy the PA accessories you want for a massive discount.
So really its pointless to go much beyond that.

Similarly as others have posted the image, currently DE is not considering bringing old PA things back to begin with.
While they are leaving the possibility open they aren't planning on using it.  Mostly because it will drastically hurt income from that PA.

You know, if you actually read the OP you'd see that he suggested the shop to be cash only. No plat.

Personally I'd be cool if they've just removed the cursed boosters from the accessories pack on PA (which bloats the price for no good reason)

See, that's the difference between you and me.

I would have done it at the time because I'd be trying to help and support the game I like, so I would have still bought it at $150 back then, even if I knew I could get it cheaper later on.

You wouldn't do it at the time because you were trying to pinch a penny in the process.

I don't need to pinch a penny, my every day dinner costs 150$, I'm playing devil's advocate here. I have every PA bought in full and the 2 statuettes, if we are to talk support.

You had it released on your platform of choice since day 1. You missed, your loss.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent