Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Warframe Be For Mac? Yes! Here's How.........

LuckyHat

Question

This whats works for me if you guys want to try:

•  
  • Steps to get Warframe running on Mac:

•  Install the Warframe installer from <a href="Warframe.com">https://warframe.com/</a>

•  Install  <a href="Wineskin Winery">http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php</a>

•  Open Wineskin Winery, select the latest engine and the latest wrapper, then click "Create New Blank Wrapper"

•  Input a name for your warframe app, like "Warframe", then click "Ok" (this name will be referred to as __APP_NAME__ later on)

•  Click "Allow incoming network connections" and wait until it finishes, then click "View wrapper in Finder" (you can close the winery app at this time)

•  Open the app it pointed you to.

•  Click on "Install Software", then "Choose Setup Executable", then select the file downloaded in step 1.

•  Select the "Warframe" folder inside the "drive_c/Program Files" folder and click "ok". (see screenshot)

•  click the gear icon, make sure "bulk download" and "Multi-threaded rendering" are deselected.

•  Click "Agree" twice, these are the terms/conditions, but they don't show up.

•  Wait for it to finish downloading. If it restarts the process, under the gear icon deselect "aggressive Download".

•  once it says "checking for new content", close the launcher.

•  click "ok" on the choose excecutable window that popped up

•  click "advanced", then "browse" for the windows EXE, from starting location in drive_c, go to /users/__YOUR_USERNAME__/Local Settings/Application Data/Warframe/Downloaded/Public/Tools/ and select the Launcher.exe in that folder, click "choose"

•  Paste:

• cd /Users/__YOUR_USERNAME__/Applications/Wineskin/__APP_NAME__.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/Wineskin/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data/Warframe/Downloaded/Public/Tools; if [ -e "Launcher.exe.tmp" ]; then mv Launcher.exe.tmp launcher.exe; fi

• into the "custom commads" textbox. This will fix an issue where warframe does not replace the launcher during updates when it is supposed to.

•  Close "Wineskin Advanced". Congratulations, you should now be able to play warframe on your mac! Just re-open the application, and warframe should start!

The Process for checking for new content takes awhile but it works, it took me 4 hours for the first time it checked for new content after that it should work

• bugs:

• mouse cursor will sometimes lose focus on the warframe app.

• changing settings will sometimes crash the warframe app.

• dowloading the app is very slow.

• launcher does not display update information.

• I'd reccommend:

• 8  GB open storage for the app

• 2+ GB open ram when strting warframe

Oh man don't do this. Download bootcamp its 100% better than running it with wine. You're going to be in lag city forever doing it that way. Take it from a fellow mac user, that this is bad advice.

It only lags when I start the match for a second than the game is fine the rest of the time. I wish i could use bootcamp but my disc drive won't read the windows installer so right there the process is screwed

Thats why you download windows online..

ah so i download it from either an account i have or a friends

ill try this tomorrow, thank you

either warframe works this way without too many lags(only when you first get in) so what works is good

Edited by LuckyHat

Oh man don't do this. Download bootcamp its 100% better than running it with wine. You're going to be in lag city forever doing it that way. Take it from a fellow mac user, that this is bad advice.

Just saying, not everyone is willing to pay for a copy of windows. And not everyone wants to have to deal with the every 2 hour restart with windows 7 unverified versions

hi guys i'm having a problem with the part i underline 

•  Paste:

• cd /Users/__YOUR_USERNAME__/Applications/Wineskin/__APP_NAME__.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/Wineskin/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data/Warframe/Downloaded/Public/Tools; if [ -e "Launcher.exe.tmp" ]; then mv Launcher.exe.tmp launcher.exe; fi

• into the "custom commads" textbox. This will fix an issue where warframe does not replace the launcher during updates when it is supposed to.

what do i have to write there? i mean is that "if.." programming material or ? i'm sorry but i'm not really good at understanding pc stuff. thanks

Ok, i have done these steps 5 different times with different variants, going past the close launcher after it trys to sync content and copying in the route to prevent the launcher replacement bug or whatever, FAILS TO LET THE PROGRAM RUN. on the attempts i made at stopping PREVIOUS to those steps, i have gotten it to run. on my latest attempt i was able to get the game to run and i was able to login. as soon as i turned the game to fullscreen it began to glitch out and not work. However as soon as i put it back to windowed mode, the game crashed and will not restart. So, every time i want to play the game, i have to redo these steps and wait about half an hour for it to check content. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, whenever i try and start it AFTER i get it running 1 time, it brings me to a Dirext X installer. which happens every attempt you try to start it. SO from what i can see, i have to redo these steps every time i want to get the game running

I've been running Warframe on my iMac via Wine up until yesterday and it's worked great! However, the 18.5 patch seems like it broke the process.

Has anyone had success updating to 18.5 in Wine yet?

I noticed some PC users are also having issues patching so I was thinking about sitting on it for a few days before burning a bunch of time debugging.

On March 7, 2016 at 7:28 AM, TheKaise said:

i follow the instructions step by step, but in the luncher i can't see the "checking for new content" process bar, it's ok or i fail something??

So for whatever reason, in wine the full game download via "checking for new content" doesn't display what it should- namely, the progress for downloading the entire game. You should be able to just leave it while it downloads. How long it stays in that state depends on how long it takes for your internet connection to download the full game. I watched the packet stream in nettop via command line / terminal to verify that the game was downloading

Side note-  the progress bar does show up for hot fix downloads.

On March 9, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Finkzz said:

Has anyone been able to play since 18.5.1? I keep crashing after the game finish's loading, right before the login screen.

I've had the same issue since 18.5.3. Haven't been able to determine a workaround yet.

On 10/3/2016 at 10:15 PM, Finkzz said:

Has anyone been able to play since 18.5.1? I keep crashing after the game finish's loading, right before the login screen.

I'm running Warframe on Linux and all of us linux users had the same problem. Somebody did find a fix though that worked for most of us.

On 12/3/2016 at 2:48 PM, Prototype_X9 said:

Fixed. If you are running winetricks, download the updated versions of vcrun.

Attached in screenshotScreen_Shot_2016_03_12_at_9_42_47_PM.png

I had to update winetricks to get the latest versions of vcrun, but it worked like a charm after that. I don't know whether you use winetricks on mac but if not, that can maybe give you a clue as to what to do to fix it. Hope it helps.

Edited by CountrifiedSoul

Having the same problem 

9 hours ago, (PS4)XxMonkeyxX180 said:

my warfare app was not in drive c it was in downloads and when it opens it says i only have 2 g free?

pls help

Goes all the way to install page and it says I don't have enough memory and bulk download setting is shaded

Please help