Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, You Killed My Best Friend, Twice.

PrivateRiem

Let me tell you a story. A very sad one, too.

This is the story of my best friend, Messi.

But before I start, let me go back to december 2014.

Back in december, I was starting to reach the endgame of warframe. I had quite a few weapons formad, quite a few frames, I had completed the solar system, and had most of the prime weapons and frames. I had been working on getting a proper looking Kubrow for a few weeks, without success. In the hope of getting one eventually, I purchased both christmas fur packs. For weeks, I kept breeding kubrows until finally, one day, I got a bulky Kubrow.

I was overjoyed, even though it was a very small Raksa, and my goal was getting a tall Huras. Still, I had hope that perhaps I could use his imprints to make a tall Huras. I bought an imprint off trade, combined it with my Raksa, crossed fingers.

Around february, Messi was born. This imposing (but quite adorable) war beast was everything I ever hoped for. The pattern ( spotted), the size (about as tall as they get) and bulky. It was a miracle, pure and simple.

63yh4g.jpg

From that day forth, my sentinels stayed in my Liset collecting dust while I was out playing with my dog. Over the course of the following weeks, I added 6 formas, a potato, and bought quite a few kubrow mods, spent ALL the cores I had  and all the credits I had, AND MORE to get all the kubrow mods to R9 (which wasn't cheap).

Strangely enough, Messi was quite the gentle dog, for something so large, but I didn't really mind. Messi was my friend, and I loved him so much.

That's when the tragedy struck, namely Update 16. (March 19)

Update 16 brought many bugs and a few of them affected kubrows. My once tall, spotted and bulky dog suddenly turned small, stripped and with different colors too.

Eventually, the fur, color and size were fixed  but the bulk of my dog never returned. At first I thought it would get fixed but I eventually gave up on that hope. About a week and a half after U16, I sent a support ticket. (march 31)

eajkwl.jpg

I could not stand how ugly my dog had become. It wasn't my dog anymore, it was some wimpy tall kubrow I didn't give a damn about. I sent him back in stasis for a while. Every time I looked at it, It was a painful reminder that my best friend was gone.

I got an answer from [DE]James a MONTH later. (April 28). He claimed to have fixed the issue in a recent hotfix but obviously that didn't work. Still, I remained patient, waiting for my dog to come back to me.

5ze554.jpg

Finally, about a week later, (may 5) I received an update on the issue, telling me to wait a day after the update that week and check if it was fixed.

That's when everything went wrong. I had been having issues with my computer for a few weeks but it went to hell during that week. By the time wednesday came and the update was released, I had difficulty stopping my computer from freezing every few minutes (total freeze, requiring a reboot) or just BSODing everytime I looked at it funny.

(BSOD is a Blue Screen of Death/Doom, generally a error screen that forces you to reboot)

I never managed to log in after that. Whenever  I could have my computer working for extended periods of time, the warframe launcher would update, but fail to launch, giving me an error. Uninstalling Warframe (or anything for that matter) would result in a BSOD. Same thing with reinstalling it. I tried fixing my computer, ran various virus and malware scans, but the problem apparently came from a corrupted registry I think.

My only option at that point was formating and reinstalling everything from scratch. I managed to back most of my stuff on my secondary HDD. Then I realized my CD/DVD reader wasn't working either. At all.

I'm not a child, I'm 23, but I don't have a car, and I was in no position to buy a new Reader. On top of that, I'm not very tech savvy as far as computer hardware is concerned( My brother however, is). I had to ask my brother for help. He's a busy man, but he finally managed to save some time for me to help me shop for a reader.

So today, I finally had a new reader, and I just finished formating windows and reinstalling warframe.

I can finally play, after almost two weeks of being unable to launch the game. I really didn't want to miss on this event and not get the Strun wraith.

First thing I see when I log in, and my soul is still in shambles.

n3oyr.jpg

I can't deal with it. I just can't. I spent hundreds of platinum, 6 formas, a potato, and so many hours to make this dog as perfect as it could be. I LOVED him, SO MUCH.

And to add insult to the injury, DE sends me a kubrow pack, as if to say "We're sorry" (think southpark)

I honestly couldn't remember taking my kubrow out of stasis.

I had to struggle for a week and a half with an half broken computer, desperately trying to log in to see if my dog was fixed.

I want my dog back. I want my dog back the way it was IN MARCH.

DE, save my dog. Please.

Oh, and DE gave me 50% off when I logged in today.

Edited by PrivateRiem

Let me tell you a story. A very sad one, too.

This is the story of my best friend, Messi.

But before I start, let me go back to december 2014.

Back in december, I was starting to reach the endgame of warframe. I had quite a few weapons formad, quite a few frames, I had completed the solar system, and had most of the prime weapons and frames. I had been working on getting a proper looking Kubrow for a few weeks, without success. In the hope of getting one eventually, I purchased both christmas fur packs. For weeks, I kept breeding kubrows until finally, one day, I got a bulky Kubrow.

I was overjoyed, even though it was a very small Raksa, and my goal was getting a tall Huras. Still, I had hope that perhaps I could use his imprints to make a tall Huras. I bought an imprint off trade, combined it with my Raksa, crossed fingers.

Around february, Messi was born. This imposing (but quite adorable) war beast was everything I ever hoped for. The pattern ( spotted), the size (about as tall as they get) and bulky. It was a miracle, pure and simple.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/63yh4g.jpg

From that day forth, my sentinels stayed in my Liset collecting dust while I was out playing with my dog. Over the course of the following weeks, I added 6 formas, a potato, and bought quite a few kubrow mods, spent ALL the cores I had  and all the credits I had, AND MORE to get all the kubrow mods to R9 (which wasn't cheap).

Strangely enough, Messi was quite the gentle dog, for something so large, but I didn't really mind. Messi was my friend, and I loved him so much.

That's when the tragedy struck, namely Update 16. (March 19)

Update 16 brought many bugs and a few of them affected kubrows. My once tall, spotted and bulky dog suddenly turned small, stripped and with different colors too.

Eventually, the fur, color and size were fixed  but the bulk of my dog never returned. At first I thought it would get fixed but I eventually gave up on that hope. About a week and a half after U16, I sent a support ticket. (march 31) http://oi60.tinypic.com/eajkwl.jpg

I could not stand how ugly my dog had become. It wasn't my dog anymore, it was some wimpy tall kubrow I didn't give a damn about. I sent him back in stasis for a while. Every time I looked at it, It was a painful reminder that my best friend was gone.

I got an answer from [DE]James a MONTH later. (April 28). He claimed to have fixed the issue in a recent hotfix but obviously that didn't work. Still, I remained patient, waiting for my dog to come back to me.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/5ze554.jpg

Finally, about a week later, (may 5) I received an update on the issue, telling me to wait a day after the update that week and check if it was fixed.

That's when everything went wrong. I had been having issues with my computer for a few weeks but it went to hell during that week. By the time wednesday came and the update was released, I had difficulty stopping my computer from freezing every few minutes (total freeze, requiring a reboot) or just BSODing everytime I looked at it funny.

(BSOD is a Blue Screen of Death/Doom, generally a error screen that forces you to reboot)

I never managed to log in after that. Whenever  I could have my computer working for extended periods of time, the warframe launcher would update, but fail to launch, giving me an error. Uninstalling Warframe (or anything for that matter) would result in a BSOD. Same thing with reinstalling it. I tried fixing my computer, ran various virus and malware scans, but the problem apparently came from a corrupted registry I think.

My only option at that point was formating and reinstalling everything from scratch. I managed to back most of my stuff on my secondary HDD. Then I realized my CD/DVD reader wasn't working either. At all.

I'm not a child, I'm 23, but I don't have a car, and I was in no position to buy a new Reader. On top of that, I'm not very tech savvy as far as computer hardware is concerned( My brother however, is). I had to ask my brother for help. He's a busy man, but he finally managed to save some time for me to help me shop for a reader.

So today, I finally had a new reader, and I just finished formating windows and reinstalling warframe.

I can finally play, after almost two weeks of being unable to launch the game. I really didn't want to miss on this event and not get the Strun wraith.

First thing I see when I log in, and my soul is still in shambles.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/n3oyr.jpg

I can't deal with it. I just can't. I spent hundreds of platinum, 6 formas, a potato, and so many hours to make this dog as perfect as it could be. I LOVED him, SO MUCH.

And to add insult to the injury, DE sends me a kubrow pack, as if to say "We're sorry" (think southpark)

I honestly couldn't remember taking my kubrow out of stasis.

I had to struggle for a week and a half with an half broken computer, desperately trying to log in to see if my dog was fixed.

I want my dog back. I want my dog back the way it was IN MARCH.

DE, save my dog. Please.

I cri every time. T ^T

This is so sad! Q ^Q

And it is so odd why they can't give us FULL customization control over Kubrows. Long overdue. Screw genetic templates, that's just a credit sink and for traders to cash in on.

Edited by R34LM

But seriously who still uses tinypic when imgur exists?

What kind of forum doesn't support hosting pictures?

I was just trying to add the pictures to my post, I didn't really care where they ended up being hosted.

Edited by PrivateRiem

Yeah, I'm really sorry to hear that. DNA stabilizers should never have been a thing in the first place, it's simply asinine how something that you can invest resources into can die just like that. And people can't really bring out the "Well, you should have kept it in stasis" card here since you were having computer issues :/.

And seriously, DE, this man needs a legendary kubrow egg with messi in it or something.

Edited by Flowen231

Reminds me of Seymour...

Really sorry to hear bout that man. Perhaps DE should give us a function in Warframe to automatically apply DNA Stabilizers that are available when our Kubrows reach critical health.

Like c'mon, that's the least Ordis could do. Make it either an automatic or manual task.

so, anyone know what makes this dude doge got screwed up?

i just got interested to raise a doge because of the event, but story like this makes me afraid to invest time and money to a doge. :/

What kind of forum doesn't support hosting pictures?

I was just trying to add the pictures to my post, I didn't really care where they ended up being hosted.

Well, lots.

It's nice that you don't care. I don't really all that much either. It's just that imgur is an all around superior decision. It just loads faster. Tinypic is a spammy, ugly little site.

All that aside you can save your viewers even more trouble by adding image tags and putting them in spoilers.

I'm here to say I'm sorry that you lost your beloved canine.

Warframe has the tendency to glitch or bug so bad that things like this happen once every blue moon.

Trust me, we know.

I'm hoping you would be able to go over with one of the DE about Messi. You put so much into him. 

Only to have come across a pile of words when you come back to have consumed you into sadness. 

This just makes me actually worry about something inside a game more because of how we also invest our feelings into it too.

I know it's just a game but it's moments like these that kinda make my heart twist in place.