Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Is Very Broken...

Valkyrion

*rant start*
i dont know how many times i've joined a public match, and see a saryn miasma over and over again, like she just flies all around with orthos prime or dual swords, and poof insta nuke to all enemies, everything just melts, " oh i see an enemy!... wait where did it go?" ... there's no fun in that at all.
some people might say she's good for speedrunning, but i say its broken game mechanic, ending every enemy in a single push of a button, should be team based, not self will " i wanna do it, so i can". *rant end*

how i would suggest, is that saryn miasma is like a cloud, spreading the area, not press 4 to nuke.

I've gotta agree. Recently went to Sechura and a Saryn appeared. She stuck energy pads down and went to town. Couldn't kill more than 3 enemies. I think this is encouraging players to go afk. I almost got up to grab a snack and something to drink and come back later.

Thing is this ain't something unique to Saryn.

Mag does the same thing to Corpus. (I'd know, had to do about 14 runs of the Outter Terminus invasion for that Catalyst as Mag)

Mesa does the same thing to anything in any defence.

Nova can do this to pretty much anything (AM drop).

Even poor ol Ember can still do the same to Infested.

But probably a bigger issue than this is that DE really has no reason to change things to prevent this. Players who go around pressing 4 to kill everything in a room only cheat their way out of gameplay and grind out content so fast that they end up missing out on most of the game.

And even with it ruining pubs isin't that much of an issue if you have a decent clan without players who do just this.

I've gotta agree. Recently went to Sechura and a Saryn appeared. She stuck energy pads down and went to town. Couldn't kill more than 3 enemies. I think this is encouraging players to go afk. I almost got up to grab a snack and something to drink and come back later.

that was probably me then.....I havent used Saryn in a long time and right after that map I knew why I only use her when I'm farming for nano spores on eres lol......except for molt and Miasma, her 1 and 3 abilites are utter crap.

though i do try and keep the ult spam down, it tends to get hectic enough to where its needed :(

Edited by xcynderx

Hate the player not the game.

Heck, I main Saryn and I refuse to misasma spam because I don;t enjoy falling asleep at the key board.

I mostly use Venom (despite the notion its "bad") and molt.

I wouldn't want to see a great "oh sh1t" button get removed just because people abuse it.

Saryn isn't the worst offender when it comes to that. 

Edited by StinkyPygmy

that was probably me then.....I havent used Saryn in a long time and right after that map I knew why I only use her when I'm farming for nano spores on eres lol......except for molt and Miasma, her 1 and 3 abilites are utter crap.

though i do try and keep the ult spam down, it tends to get hectic enough to where its needed :(

Don't think it was you. They seemed to have a distinctly more 1337 name. Also it wasn't spammed "when it was needed" it was spammed "enough for me to go make some noodles and go to the convenient store and grab a bag of chips while they killed everything before it left spawn."

There's more to it than just "Miasma is 2 gud":

1. Miasma is the single most damaging AOE nuke in the entire game. A negative duration build can put out some scary numbers, and that's before Molecular Prime or any damage buffs.

2. Miasma is corrosive damage, arguably the most useful damage type to have. Means she's incredibly effective against armored enemies when other weapons and abilities are falling off hard.

Don't you dare touch my Saryn. Don't give her the Nova treatment. She's fine as she is. If anything her contagion could use some touching up.

She's not even the worst offender. A well modded mirage can throw out a disco ball and annihilate everything on the map for as long as it's out. A Mesa could ult all day while you sit there doing nothing.

1384231318072.jpg

Yes. This thread again. We said it about many frames/abilities before and now they're nerfed. Say what you will about DE. Try to claim this is a "grind/farm game" until you're blue in the face, but gameplay is winning out over spamming. Slowly but surely.

Miasma was designed as a DoT. Negative power duration turning it into an instagib 13K damage skill was almost certainly an oversight and the optimal Miasma build gimps 3/4 of her skills to make Miasma into... almost exactly what Radial Javelin was when they decided to nerf that and DE Steve posted a big letter about bringing about the death of X-Ray AoE's, one way or another.

Solo it or learn that nuking fragile infested is far from being broken, any wf with a nuke 4 can do that.

And they're dropping like flies lol.

Don't you dare touch my Saryn. Don't give her the Nova treatment. She's fine as she is. If anything her contagion could use some touching up.

She's not even the worst offender. A well modded mirage can throw out a disco ball and annihilate everything on the map for as long as it's out. A Mesa could ult all day while you sit there doing nothing.

Saryn, Mirage, Mesa, (Speed) Nova... They're all offenders. Your Saryn has just as much guilt on her 4 key as every other ult-spamming scumbag frame out there. Saryn is a warframe with only one ability, and changing Miasma to be a slowly expanding gas cloud is actually one of the most ingenious ideas I've seen to date.

However, there's a better way to fix all the scumbaggery: fix efficiency mods. If I have +75% efficiency on my warframe, that means all my abilities will cost 75% less energy. This means I can cast them 400% more.

Efficiency stat: +75%

Actual efficiency: +400%

You can compare this to fire rate mods. If I put +75% fire rate on my gun, than 75% more bullets will come out of it, not 400% more. What needs to happen is that 75% efficiency should let you cast your abilities 75% more, not 400% more. If this change happened, there would also be no reason not to remove the 75% efficiency cap, making 90% the new maximum. If you could use your abilities 90% more, then your ult would cost 60 energy, and your first ability would cost about 15. With this change, Primed Streamline could actually be released without it being completely suicidal to the game.

I should put this is its own thread.

if so then remove avalanche and stomp and catyclysm and bladestorm and peacemaker and radial javelin and overload while ur at it if u hate the 4 to win, plus saryn ain`t dat OP, she needs ALL strength mods on to START being deadly, and its not broken, been around for a while, and just because you don`t like it doesn`t mean it`ll be removed, and the cloud mechanic u suggested its just the same as ember`s ult except it sucks even more, simply OP, if u don`t like to have a saryn on ur team, THEN SIMPLY LEAVE THE MATCH. And I bet if YOU were using it this post would`ve never existed, as if u hate the mechanic u`d suggest to remove other ults with it. Good day sir.

Edited by Bizzaro21

Miasma was designed as a DoT. Negative power duration turning it into an instagib 13K damage skill was almost certainly an oversight and the optimal Miasma build gimps 3/4 of her skills to make Miasma into...

Funny how numbers can be manipulated, to reach 13k damage, you need to have either :

- Blind Rage maxed, or at a high rank, thus screwing your efficiency and making Miasma not viable for spam unless you spam tons and tons of Energy restores that cost credits and resources to craft.

- Arcane Chlora (which isn't available anymore).

- No Overextended, which reduces the range of Miasma to 20 meters (21.8 to be accurate).

almost exactly what Radial Javelin was when they decided to nerf that and DE Steve posted a big letter about bringing about the death of X-Ray AoE's, one way or another.

Almost like Radial Javelin? Please, Excal's Javelin didn't exceed 3k damage, and that was with Transient Fortitude maxed, Blind Rage maxed (796 rare 5 cores to max both, ezpz).

That's not the peoples fault they could use their frames abilities. A delay or anything could help a little to prevent spamming issues but overall the game is still broken in any way.

It could be very frustrating if you see nukers, runners, looters, afkers and all kind of players but this game made for short funs and still not same enjoying for everyone. I had some round where I just loot stuffs and killed the last remaining mobs while others clearing rooms beyond me.

On higher levels almost all abilities useless because the mobs insanely high stats. The way to motivate players to play their game is if they could add more delay/challange and situation where you should choose wisely when do you will use your abilities and how.

What if I told you a few facts?

1) Other warframes can nuke similarly efficiently.

2) Saryn's Miasma can be broken depending on the build.

The issue with nukers is simply that they hit everything through all walls instantly with no target cap in a large spherical area. Many warframes do this with damage and utility, and it does make gameplay stale.

Uniquely to Saryn, she can make Miasma stronger at the cost of destroying her other three abilities. Miasma benefits from a negative stat which her other abilities work better with on positive duration. Also, Miasma gets weaker if you mod her as intended, which is the other facet of her calculation bug.

That said, Saryn will spam either Venom or Miasma, but not both. Molt is useable in different ways with either build. Contagion is never worth it.

You do understand how affinity works, right? That teammate kills give better XP distribution?

B-b-b-but how will I melee with my edge nikana otherwise?! I want DE to remove the guns out of everyone too and make all tenno kill themselves if they use what their frames were DESIGNED to do so that I can poke that heavy gunner with my sheev!

people here seems to be more "idiot" than i seem.
problem with saryn miasma
1. it goes through wall (obviously)
2. its the fastest spamming ultimate 4
3. enemies just insta disappear from the game, vanishes in thin air. in comparison to other frames where there are more cooler and more sightseeing animations.
4. its insta press, press 4, and you win. even a child can do it.

if people dont like to change, why not add a NUKE FRAME? with its 4 ability, to make big explosion? for me its sound better yeah and more logical? rather than just melting straight into netherrealm.

Edited by Valkyrion

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/447888-warframes-my-way-feedback-on-wfs-synergy/
Saryn my way.

Yea, but I still don't understand Saryn in her whole. Negative duration build- that's the first time I've ever heard that.
She's stylish and I really like her, but has a VERY strange play style. Melee? then molt, then 4... then doing it again?
Sounds like I gotta play her more to give proper feedback. But, most of this game's theme ATM is press 4 to win.

It's not her four that is the problem, it's the archaic interation with power duration that is still on it from early 2013. Decreasing her durations jacks up the damage on 4 to insane levels.

It was designed this way so that you couldn't just put on continuity, back when intensify was the only damage mod, to increase damage. Now days, it doesn't make sense and needs to be changed so more time just adds more time, without decreasing strength, and strength effects damage per tick.