Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kiste - Ceres Bug?

GoinHAM

Haven't seen many posts about this, but I just ran a Kiste and I kept getting one shot out of nowhere through frost bubble/volt shield and then randomly we just fail the mission. Has this been happening to anyone else?

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my god, this happens to me so many times, got a lot of them on video.

Terminal from 6k+ HP to 0 in 1 or 2 shots. Me getting downed by 1 shot from full shields and HP. This is so freaking annoying, it makes me want to quit this mess of a game.

/rant

But seriously, this sucks really hard. They should fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

Does Banshee best demonstrate this or does it happen most often with her, etc? Just want to make sure this a problem equally distributed amongst all frames (where no defensive abilities are in play) vs. Banshee as most extreme case.

I sent you this in a pm, host gets one shot im not sure if the cause is from doing a blast proc or not, but host get's one shot then the pod with it or just after.

From what i recall ive had 2 missions fail due to this. Both times i was playing Banshee.

Does Banshee best demonstrate this or does it happen most often with her, etc? Just want to make sure this a problem equally distributed amongst all frames (where no defensive abilities are in play) vs. Banshee as most extreme case.

I cant say ive seen it happen to players but whatever it is is chewing through the 6000 or so health points of the terminal before players even realise it.

Against whatevers doing that kind of damage, few frames are going to be standing for long.

The only other lead i can give is that the damage ticks are roughly in line with a Bombards rate of fire. I recall spotting another thread complaining about Bombard damage so something might be messed up with thier damage scaling, perhaps the Eximus versions.

Just ran a mission with a banshee. He/she didnt die once. 

However, the sudden fail mission bug is something Ive experienced too, and I also made a thread about it.

These instant deaths happen when hosting? Client? Both?

The only other lead i can give is that the damage ticks are roughly in line with a Bombards rate of fire. I recall spotting another thread complaining about Bombard damage so something might be messed up with thier damage scaling, perhaps the Eximus versions.

It could be, but in the video Grulos posted we can see the other players are not taking the same kind of damage. I thought about bleeding procs being bugged, but again it would have to affect other players as well. Unless it is a bug specifically related to hosting or something like that.

I would just like to chip in (though I only have evidence by experience and no picture of videos to show); it's not just Banshee, the bug can affect any Warframe; I've had it happen to me with Ember Prime and a bunch of other Warframes.

Grulos mentioned in the video description that it seems to be a host problem, and I agree: from the many times that I have run Kiste, it was the host that was most likely to be hit by this particular problem.

Now I know that it sounds weird, and I really have no evidence to back this up in any way, but I've noticed that most of the time, the random high- damage explosions seem to start happening only when the Sentinel of the host is already dead/ destroyed. There are a few other factors that seem to be involved, but I'm not sure how they factor in:

-The host has to have been downed and revived at least once

-The Sentinel has to have been destroyed by concentrated enemy fire/ explosion from a Bombard Rocket 

-It may have something to do with the modding of the Sentinels and whether they have the Regen mod equipped

The bug happens suddenly and is hard for me to track, so I can't be sure if any of the things I listed actually have any effect at all. 

It could be, but in the video Grulos posted we can see the other players are not taking the same kind of damage. I thought about bleeding procs being bugged, but again it would have to affect other players as well. Unless it is a bug specifically related to hosting or something like that.

Going from Grunlos clips and my own experience, a host only issue seems likely.

Whether or not its tied to the presence of a Banshee using Resonsance is still up in the air though...

Would it be crazy to suggest that Resonance is placing hidden weakpoints on allies?

Now I know that it sounds weird, and I really have no evidence to back this up in any way, but I've noticed that most of the time, the random high- damage explosions seem to start happening only when the Sentinel of the host is already dead/ destroyed.

This is not the cause. I prefer my Kubrow over sentinels and ive still run into this bug.

Would it be crazy to suggest that Resonance is placing hidden weakpoints on allies?

Not really, I thought the same thing. But looking at that video there are some deaths that simply don't add up. He dies inside Frost's shield with apparently no other enemy nearby shooting at him.

And then there's also that final death at 1:36. It doesn't have a hit indicator prior to the banshee going down (the one that points the direction you got hit from).  At the same time, the terminal takes a HUGE amount of damage instantly, so whatever affected his banshee also affected the terminal. And again, both were protected by Frost's bubble with no enemies inside it. Bombard/Napalm would make sense here, but then how are the other guys still at 100% by the time the mission fails? Makes no sense! XD

Was your Kubrow downed or killed any time before? Perhaps it's not just Sentinels but companions in general? I'm not entirely certain, honestly, but it's just what I've noticed. 

At Ceres' level bracket, as long as im playing a fully ranked frame with Redirection/Vitality equipped (and i always am) my Kubrow is effectively immortal. So its rather unlikely.

Not really, I thought the same thing. But looking at that video there are some deaths that simply don't add up. He dies inside Frost's shield with apparently no other enemy nearby shooting at him.

And then there's also that final death at 1:36. It doesn't have a hit indicator prior to the banshee going down (the one that points the direction you got hit from).  At the same time, the terminal takes a HUGE amount of damage instantly, so whatever affected his banshee also affected the terminal. And again, both were protected by Frost's bubble with no enemies inside it. Bombard/Napalm would make sense here, but then how are the other guys still at 100% by the time the mission fails? Makes no sense! XD

Well heres what i can gather;

All known (to me) instances of this bug have been in the presence of a Banshee using Resonance.

The damage ignoring placed defences (Snowglobe, E-Shield) indicates its source is AoE damage, which narrows it down to either Bombards, Hellions or whatever can toss a grenade.

From instances where the host is killed but other players are untouched indicates a host/client desync issue.

I will, hang on, I'm editing the videos.

EDIT: Here it is: https://youtu.be/3cxh4hMb4KY

Doing a frame-by-frame workup of the vid, will edit with link to results. If possible, could you upload a higher resolution? The current one is workable, but will be slow going.

EDIT: Might as well post the link now, if anyone wants to watch some high-octane spreadsheeting - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WseUD8zvufVvzRDeXvqN6WEDjGTbt7FUjgo5nOXJQ5o/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by MechaGent

FWIW, since it seems related, I ran in an all-Excal group last night, did a couple T4MDs.

0:15 left, and one guy who was way the hell and gone goes down (3+ tiles away from the terminal, as I discovered), so I go to revive him.

So did everyone else.

Timer completes, 'success' message from Lotus, Terminal's HP bar goes (as best I could tell) from full to empty and the mission fails.

So, tl;dr -

T4MD.

All Excals.

Not Host.

Terminal got - as far as I can tell - oneshot from full health. Don't know by what.

Sorry, don't have the EE.log.

Edited by Chroia

This is not only a bug on Kiste. I experienced this in a Raid mission. The entire team witnessed this happening to me with no enemies around. I was playing Volt, and even with speed, while coptering I would randomly fall over dead in mid flight, exactly like what was happening in the video, except the majority of time I had not taken any damage first.

I was the host during this mission as well. There was not a banshee on the team in this mission. I do not remember if this was happening in the first stage of the trial, but I can say for sure this was happening in the second stage, and was a huge factor of us losing. I do not believe bombards were around, but if they were, there were no explosions near or on me, nor did anybody witness any explosions. People who were dead watching me, or alive and happened to be near me, did not witness any bombard attacks. Just insta death.

It had to have been the most rage inducing experience I have ever had in this game.

Edited by Faulcun

This is not only a bug on Kiste. I experienced this in a Raid mission. The entire team witnessed this happening to me with no enemies around. I was playing Volt, and even with speed, while coptering I would randomly fall over dead in mid flight, exactly like what was happening in the video, except the majority of time I had not taken any damage first.

I was the host during this mission as well. There was not a banshee on the team in this mission.

It had to have been the most rage inducing experience I have ever had in this game.

Yep I was there for that. Standing beside him, no incoming damage or electric shield in use, and then just bäm dead.

Ultimately it led to us failing the trial. Big bummer and a very annoying/bizarre bug.

This has been going on for like a week and a half or more now, and every time it's happened to me was when I was the host. I have random footage of me and everyone else just being one shot and the mission failing for no reason. Not to mention the bug that makes the datamass disappear for 10 minutes at a time making you unable to complete the mission.

I can second the OP's statement this has happened to me on multiple occasion as the host for Kiste. Out of no where I will randomly get one shotted with full hp/shields and even Quick Thinking (with full energy) and the mission will fail instantaneously. I believe the bombards or snipers do not have enough dmg to one shot a fully forma'd frame at the level they are in Kiste. Please look into this

Edited by 7Lions