Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels 2.0

7grims

I'm going to be blunt, direct, and simple; since its about damn time we see a change for freaking sentinels.

- Make vaccum a default ability to all sentinels

or

make it a mod for all sentinels

"it's a loot game" DE-Steve said, so give us proper loot tools.

(Give carrier a whatever other use.)

- Warframes and archwings got inbuilt abilities, so give sentinels the same thing (and kubrows too), this is called game design consistency.

And the big goal of removing ability mods, was exactly to clean the mod drop tables, so clear the companions ability mods from the drop tables too, this called logic, duhh.

And don't dare removing 2 mod slots from the sentinels, they are week as it is, we need all damn slots.

- Regeen mod is a crappy waist of time.

We need a better system to keep our sentinels alive, or resurrect them.

Give us a gear item sentinel revive, just like specters, we use them and a revived sentinel shows up,  to build those make them use allot of resources, it will be worth and we will spend.

- More new sentinels! It's been forever since any new one as been made.

(2 sugestions I have made a long time ago http://i.imgur.com/nqWPsBa.jpg )

It as been almost 2 years since anything sentinel related was made or retouched.

Common!

Edited by 7grims

Lol, yeah, I'ma give you a +1

I feel like they need a healing sentinel already, possibly with a bow or something using sniper ammo. Maybe it could either give you a health-buff, or remove status effects? It could also possibly assist in reviving allies, acting as if 2 people were reviving instead of just you?

It as been almost 2 years since anything sentinel related was made or retouched.

Helios was added on March 19th, a little over a year ago. Wyrm Prime was added in Loki Prime's Prime Access, around 11 months ago. This is not "almost 2 years" since anything was done with Sentinels. I agree they could use some new stuff for them, but you're misrepresenting how long it's actually been by a very large margin.

I also feel as though the attack precepts should be interchangeable between sentinels, as well as expanded upon to have different conditions. As it stands the only difference between most attack precepts is their range, which is pointless since that could just be a built in factor of the sentinels themselves. Being able to choose precepts would make them a lot more versatile. Some possibilities include:

-Attacking an enemy that attacked you first (in-game)

-Attacking the first enemy in range (in-game)

-Prioritizing the strongest enemy in range

-Prioritizing the weakest enemy in range

-Attacking the enemy you're currently attacking

And so forth. Oh, and +1 to the stuff in OP. A possible change to Carrier that someone once suggested could be replacing the vacuum with the ability to carry excess supplies, and using it to replenish you in the event of an emergency. That way he still remains fairly useful (almost like a pseudo-healer sentinel) but his vacuum ability is free to be used amongst all the sentinels.

What happens to carrier then?

He could, ya know, carry stuff. Spare weapons, ammo and energy refills, activated when your supplies are low and/or safe and transmutate ammo you don't need so you don't have to bother with mods.

+1 to OP. Sentinels have been ignored long enough.

Yet another unrealistic beauty standard for regen's waists. All regens are beautiful.

In all seriousness, yes sentinels need a rework.

+1

Its ineffective when we need it the most.

Going into ceres against scorch, or into void against corrupted bombards, I see the sentinel dying twice in just a few seconds.

When the attacks of the enemy are that strong, they can overthrow regeen pretty fast.

Yet they are making a carrier kubrow instead of just a mod for all kubrows to use oh let's get ready to complain!! And rightfully so we have been complaining about vacuum forever cause it's dumb to be one sentinel or kubrows ability it should be built in to are frames just like archwing

From what I remember DE had agree that carrier needed to change, and all sentinels were to have somehow the vacuum effect.

Again, DE as a problem maintain game logic and consistency, and to what they have spoken.

What they made for archwing, was a good start, but also bad, the AW tile-sets are HUGE, and they make that effect so low range...

Kubrow in the other hand did have a good and proper way to keep them alive and even revive, and with all the good synchronization mods they have, its plus on keeping them alive and on full health.

Helios was added on March 19th, a little over a year ago. Wyrm Prime was added in Loki Prime's Prime Access, around 11 months ago. This is not "almost 2 years" since anything was done with Sentinels. I agree they could use some new stuff for them, but you're misrepresenting how long it's actually been by a very large margin.

Ur right :P

I had considered wyrm prime, but he is "only" a prime variant.

But I totally forgot about helios xD

I also feel as though the attack precepts should be interchangeable between sentinels, as well as expanded upon to have different conditions. As it stands the only difference between most attack precepts is their range, which is pointless since that could just be a built in factor of the sentinels themselves. Being able to choose precepts would make them a lot more versatile. Some possibilities include:

-Attacking an enemy that attacked you first (in-game)

-Attacking the first enemy in range (in-game)

-Prioritizing the strongest enemy in range

-Prioritizing the weakest enemy in range

-Attacking the enemy you're currently attacking

And so forth. Oh, and +1 to the stuff in OP. A possible change to Carrier that someone once suggested could be replacing the vacuum with the ability to carry excess supplies, and using it to replenish you in the event of an emergency. That way he still remains fairly useful (almost like a pseudo-healer sentinel) but his vacuum ability is free to be used amongst all the sentinels.

I REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY like this idea! Something like the AI in Dragon Age Origins. Would be really nice to have some control over them.

Even a "slow firerate - increased accuracy (aim for weakspots)" function would be nice.

I'm all for Sentinels having stats that grow per level like Warframes/Kuvrows

Only way I can see 'Regen' competing with Pack-Leadr for Kuvrows is if Regen is a precept that allows a Sentinel to Regen indefinitely with the Mod affecting Regeneration time.

Most likely a R10 mod where unraked takes 20 seconds to Regen and Max Rank speeds Renegeration time to 10 seconds.

If Helios gains default Vaccum I will shelve him indefinitely. Only Sentinel I sold after leveling was Carrier... for same reason I despise Greedy Mag....waating Life Support capsules and ammo

(Angstum and Castanas have limited ammo as is...if I am only down 1 ammo I do not want an ammo pick-up brought to me...Why waste a whole ammo pick-up of rare Sniper pool ammo for 1-measly round...ugh)

Edit*: Changed Regen times for 20secs unranked with 10 ranks lowering 1 second per rank so Max Rank would be 10seconds

(Unranked grants ability to Regenerate at 20 secs, each Rank level lowers regeneration time by 1second)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

I'm interested in knowing the reasoning behind your ideas.

- I only play whit carrier because its a loot game, and im not wasting time running like a fool for drops, nor it should be that way in a loot game.

- ability mods removal was a great idea, to clean the drop tables, but DE managed to "accidentally" forget about cleaning both sentinel and kubrow ability mods... right

- regeen is not good, when u are in a mission an enemy actually can destroy ur sentinel, they will burn out the regeen mod in the next few seconds anyway, so it becomes quite non functional

- more sentinels? well, kubrows suck, and DE ruined kubrows, by exaggerating on every features of kubrows, too much demanding to: obtain, make, maintain, delete them, etc

So, sentinels rock, and still are the best, hence more sentinels are needed.

Edited by 7grims

1) Archwings have 1 Sentinel ability. I would love for them to be able to use more than 1 Companion ability. Sanctuary, Stalk, Guardian, Coolant leak, Detect Vulnerabilty.......... etc

Archwing doesnt however, have any actual Companions........

2) Excluding Helios, cant all Sentinel weapons used by other Sentinels? I can put my Prime Laser on my Carrier. My Shotgun on my Wyrm Prime......

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

I'd have to give a +several to giving a vacuum-like ability to all sentinels and also kubrows. I would really love to run with something other than carrier and see more diversity in companion use with other players. As it stands right now, vacuum is just way too useful and convenient.

Give Carrier something else to make it unique. Maybe more survivability, maybe a unique attack. But give other sentinels vacuum and grant kubrows.. um, fetch?

I'd love to use wyrm in some missions and a kubrow in others, mix in dethcube for miscellaneous fun. But as it stands right now, when my carrier dies to aoe in missions i find myself irrationally irked and annoyed when I need to walk over things to pick them up, in a loot-based game which WF is, no less. 

And I can't just walk past loot, I'm not that kind.. maybe that's what's been keeping me playing for hundreds of hours. And maybe giving companions a unified loot ability will keep me (and others) around for a few hundred more.

As many people have invested in Carrier, a healing skill might be something if vacuum is replaced?

Sentinels working together more would also be interesting, maybe auras for companions only? (Kubrows and Sentinels get auras that only affect other Kubrows or Sentinels)

Edited by Lactamid

its awesome idea i give you 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999+

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

i haz now become a super sayan level 4, all ur bases are now belong to us :DDDDDDDD

Thanks ;)

Sentinels working together more would also be interesting, maybe auras for companions only? (Kubrows and Sentinels get auras that only affect other Kubrows or Sentinels)

Now that is a F*cking original though :D companion auras that affect the ally companions :D

its simple, hence genius.