The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Like The Lotus Is Not Being Looked At Properly. (Get Out Your Tinfoil Hats)

Shehriazad

Naith, your wish has been granted.

As for you, Shehriazad, your words make sense. The Lotus is far from perfect, but she is all the guidance we need.  Her trouble past will become known, one way or another. But for now, we must keep the System as balanced as we possibly can, hoping that it's inhabitants one day will take down the empires that seek to control it.

I doubt the Lotus ordered us to exterminate the Orokin. We were enslaved, used, abused and controlled by the Orokin and acted as they desired. But their technology became their doom. The Lotus was to assume command of the Tenno, and relieve the Orokin military leaders of their responsibility. Programmed to evaluate situations and provide the Tenno with ay information neccesary, the Lotus(after defeating the Sentients) evaluated the situation of her makers. 

She decided that it was best to relinquish the Tenno of their Orokin slavers and kill the abusive megalomaniacal Orokin Empire. When she freed us, allowed us to see what the Orokin made us do all those years, we did what we do best. We killed our slavers. The Lotus isn't proud of this, but it had to be done. For the sake of the System.

The Lotus be the Truth, and the Truth be Balance.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

I just got a weird idea. Afaik the original Tennos were survivors of the Zariman twisted by the Void right?

What if those weren't the only tennos? I mean, after a while they'd have run out of Zariman survivors between the testing and the combat casualties/failed experiments.

What if at some point the Orokin used the tech used for creating Grineer on a more refined level to create new beings with the same characteristics as the original ones? For that they'd need a genetic blueprint since building a DNA from scratch is a huge hustle while modifying a pre-existing one is much easier.

What if the Lotus was actually the person they used as a genetic blueprint? Our so to say genetic parent? And then as a part of the process the Lotus was made Guardian to oversee our development and then possibly mafde into a data entity to guide us for all eternity without the limitations of flesh?

She decided that it was best to relinquish the Tenno of their Orokin slavers and kill the abusive megalomaniacal Orokin Empire. When she freed us, allowed us to see what the Orokin made us do all those years, we did what we do best. We killed every single one of them. The Lotus isn't proud of this, but it had to be done. For the sake of the System.

Current articles available via Simaris seem to contradict this. Both the Arid Eviscerator entry and the Anti Moa entries feature Orokin Empire citizens after the fall, one who's child invented the first Corpus Moa and one who was killed by post-collapse rebelling Grineer (While a third was captured by the Grineer)

It seems as though the Tenno only eliminated the Empire's leaders, or perhaps the majority of all those who were considered "Orokin" but certainly not all.

Edited by SilentMobius

Current articles available via Simaris seem to contradict this. Both the Arid Eviscerator entry and the Anti Moa entries feature Orokin Empire citizens after the fall, one who's child invented the first Corpus Moa and one who was killed by post-collapse rebelling Grineer (While a third was captured by the Grineer)

It seems as though the Tenno only eliminated the Empire's leaders, or perhaps the majority of all those who were considered "Orokin" but certainly not all.

Well yea, genocide is nearly impossible to do right (aka 100%) if your target is spread out over a very large area...considering the Orokin were all over the Solar System even back then. 

It makes sense that some survived.

And to some other posts before, yes, I am not saying that the Lotus is evil.

Imagine a country where you have no higher law to turn to other than your parents.

What are you gonna do if those parents are insane and abuse you/make you do crazy stuff 24/7? Chances are...at some point the kids might snap and stab their parents in the chest 23 times. 

Is it evil?Not really...at this point they simply did have no other answer to make it stop. Is it wrong? Well...probably a little bit, but putting yourself and your loved ones' first makes sense if you are being at risk of dying 24/7.

All I'm simply pointing at...while Lotus might be our Spacemom or big sister that cares for you...she's not exactly that normal kind of big sister that you go on a shopping spree with...there might be a spree...but it ain't one for getting new clothes.

Edited by Shehriazad

it would be cool to work for syndicate instead, like suda or meridian, i dont know if   shes good or bad , but she seems boring to me, like something from chineese mmo something for teen boys. 

i know she saved me and stuff but still, just matter of taste, and it would make syndicates more ermmm part of the game.

sry my english is bad

Nobody knows for sure so it's pointless to guess. Lotus could have been an Orokin once (something similar to humans). Who says that for example she didn't upload her consciousness to some epic large computer system and now guides Tenno through that? The possibilities are many so how about just wait it out? And those "I fight for Lotus" posts...yeah well you kinda don't have a choice in it now do you? You start the game and Lotus starts to guide you. Not because you chose to fight for her.

it would be cool to work for syndicate instead, like suda or meridian, i dont know if   shes good or bad , but she seems boring to me, like something from chineese mmo something for teen boys. 

i know she saved me and stuff but still, just matter of taste, and it would make syndicates more ermmm part of the game.

sry my english is bad

Syndicates do neither have the necessary intel nor power of the Lotus, though. 

If a Syndicate took over...the Tenno and possibly the solar system would end up in total chaos...especially since some of the Syndicates have VERY selfish goals and do not care about what happens to the system or big parts of it.

In the new conclave trailer Teshin says that the Oro "is the binding force for the enemy, whom like the Tenno, can survive death." 

Teshin is from the Orokin era and like the stalker, did not enter cryo. IMHO this gives us _plenty_ or reason to assume that at least some from the Orokin era possessed functional immortality, or at least immunity from aging.Given the machinery that the Lotus is connected to I see not reason to not include her in that.

That's cool.

You do you bruv.

Syndicates do neither have the necessary intel nor power of the Lotus, though. 

If a Syndicate took over...the Tenno and possibly the solar system would end up in total chaos...especially since some of the Syndicates have VERY selfish goals and do not care about what happens to the system or big parts of it.

This actually sounds fun, syndicates fighting eachother like greek city states.sometimes bonding loos alliances against common foes etc. or  stmgh but i guess it wold be different game.

I just remember there was event or smthg i dont remember the steel meridian chick was running me thru the mission like lotus usually does and she had like actual character to her :D but its just a matter of taste 

ps. i guess i would be bored of her if i she sticks for long enough.

ps. i do not dislike lotus i just dont know much about her and that makes her bland

Edited by Mathemagics