The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow All Colors And Skins On Prime Variants

Sapphic-Sandra

It's quite annoying not to be able to equip skins on some weapons from their non prime variants. If it's possible for frames why not weapons? Get rid of the status bonuses if you need to. But you're losing money on an easy customization that people want.

Also having unchangeable gold trim on a lot of frames and some weapons is annoying if not inconsistent, can we please get this fixed?

Thank you for your time. :)

they could make it so if u equip skin say on braton prime (say camo skin)  it will look like regular braton camoed,(uses regular braton model).

maybe disable skins for pvp but i dont see any harm in pve in it.

I really dont like prime stuff visually and im really sad i cant use skins on prime stuff. say manticore skin on scindo prome ,camo skin on braton p.

I know many people like golds thats why i think sikns are good solution cause theyr optional.

ps. also there are inconsistancies in immortal skins.  my mag prime immortal skin covers gold parts (bought it)

but rhino p and most other frames immortal skins dont cover gold parts (have not boght them)

The other thing he wants, colourable gold on the old stuff? DE is slowly going through it's weapons doing just that. They made Latron Prime PBR, they'll get to Paris and Lex and all the others... Soon.

Edited by Yastin

The reason is because prime frames are the default frame models, with special stuff tacked on. Prime weapon variants are an entirely different base model.

IDGAF. Some weapon skins change the model anyway. In games, logic should be ignored when it makes for a better experience, and followed when it makes it more fun. Examples? Nova (should be obliterating herself on a daily basis, antimatter in that quantity would destroy entire ships), amprex (electricity only flows when it has a complete circuit, you can shoot it in a single direction), Iron skin (should be a statue when used, since he's y'know, coated in a solid), friendly fire, rhino stomp, life steal in general (it doesn't work that way), the list goes on and on, so don't bother arguing with one or two.

Personally, I would use my paris prime more if I could use the normal paris forest camo on it. This is one of those situations where we have to choose between function and looks, the same reason that arcanes were removed. I use my dread despite liking the paris's damage type and sound more, because dread doesn't give me a golden turtle shell (honestly, it looks amazing in your hand, but I can't stand the way it looks on your back, no offense to DE).

they could make it so if u equip skin say on braton prime (say camo skin)  it will look like regular braton camoed,(uses regular braton model).

maybe disable skins for pvp but i dont see any harm in pve in it.

I really dont like prime stuff visually and im really sad i cant use skins on prime stuff. say manticore skin on scindo prome ,camo skin on braton p.

I know many people like golds thats why i think sikns are good solution cause theyr optional.

ps. also there are inconsistancies in immortal skins.  my mag prime immortal skin covers gold parts (bought it)

but rhino p and most other frames immortal skins dont cover gold parts (have not boght them)

Why in pvp? it's just a skin, can't we look the way we want to look? It's not like we'll dominate the battlefield because we have a humble-looking weapon...

Also, the mag prime thing has been explained...the parts not modified by rhino's alternate skins are added on, and not present on the normal model. The majority of mag prime's was not. However, her hip armor is not removable, and is exclusive to her prime variant, that will remain no matter what skin you choose.

IDGAF. Some weapon skins change the model anyway. In games, logic should be ignored when it makes for a better experience, and followed when it makes it more fun. Examples? Nova (should be obliterating herself on a daily basis, antimatter in that quantity would destroy entire ships), amprex (electricity only flows when it has a complete circuit, you can shoot it in a single direction), Iron skin (should be a statue when used, since he's y'know, coated in a solid), friendly fire, rhino stomp, life steal in general (it doesn't work that way), the list goes on and on, so don't bother arguing with one or two.

Personally, I would use my paris prime more if I could use the normal paris forest camo on it. This is one of those situations where we have to choose between function and looks, the same reason that arcanes were removed. I use my dread despite liking the paris's damage type and sound more, because dread doesn't give me a golden turtle shell (honestly, it looks amazing in your hand, but I can't stand the way it looks on your back, no offense to DE).

It's not about logic. it's about the fact that you can't just tell the game "ok here's a skin for one model, apply it onto this one!" IT DOES NOT WORK... They'd have to create an ENTIRELY new skin just for the prime version- and that takes time, and effort better put into other things. The "skins" that change the model entirely, are not actually skins. THEY ARE MODELS. Hence why THEY are able to be used on prime versions, they simply replace the model. Why don't you go and read up on how skins and models work before posting again. It'd do you some good.

@Stratego98:

Spend more time reading before flying off the handle.

Although they get skin and model mixed up, the general thought is they want the ability to equip old skin-model combos on prime weapons.

Think of the Manticore weapon "Skin" as an example. Although it's a model, it also has a unique texture too. Which is essentually what they are asking for... Being allowed to do complete weapon "Skin" swaps on their prime weapons... Or essentually Prime stats with non prime models & textures.

TL;DR: When It's called a skin (Not texture), that means a Model & Texture combo (As some ingame skins are... Like Brak, Manticore, and Dagger axe variations).

Side Note: Skins ARE NOT textures, as you seem to think, but rather, the overall apperance of the weapon.

Edit: Btw, it's not hard to link a pre-existing (Non Prime) model with a (purhaseable) texture & update the existing "Skins" to work with prime weapons. (Or any weapon for that matter, as it would then be a full model & texture swap).

Edited by (PS4)Sorrow-San

It's not about logic. it's about the fact that you can't just tell the game "ok here's a skin for one model, apply it onto this one!" IT DOES NOT WORK... They'd have to create an ENTIRELY new skin just for the prime version

For you to know: ealier Prime weapons could use skins with no problem, but DE removed that possibility.

It's not about logic. it's about the fact that you can't just tell the game "ok here's a skin for one model, apply it onto this one!" IT DOES NOT WORK... They'd have to create an ENTIRELY new skin just for the prime version- and that takes time, and effort better put into other things. The "skins" that change the model entirely, are not actually skins. THEY ARE MODELS. Hence why THEY are able to be used on prime versions, they simply replace the model. Why don't you go and read up on how skins and models work before posting again. It'd do you some good.

Dude, wow, take a chill pill...or a chill strip if that's your thing, idc. You got mad at me over what you thought was a misuse of a word? Seriously?  I don't HAVE to read about this stuff 'cause guess what? I've MADE my own models, textures, AND skins. It's NOT hard to have a skin that overrides a model, in fact, DE would probably have more trouble eating an extra rich chocolate cake than making custom skins override the default ones. I don't want to turn this into a flame thread, so I'll just say this: "Why don't you go and read up on how skins and model work before posting again. It'd do you some good."

For you to know: ealier Prime weapons could use skins with no problem, but DE removed that possibility.

I know, I think they should revert it, though, like I said, many people like the defaultskins more for the lack of gold, I personally would buy the forest camo skin if they let me use it on paris prime, but I have no desire for a skin that goes to a weapon I have the direct upgrade for. They're actually lowering sales by disabling normal skins on their variants.

Personally, I would use my paris prime more if I could use the normal paris forest camo on it. I use my dread despite liking the paris's damage type and sound more, because dread doesn't give me a golden turtle shell

It's NOT hard to have a skin that overrides a model

defaultskins more for the lack of gold, I personally would buy the forest camo skin if they let me use it on paris prime

Everything that I have bolded, directly quoting from you, is implying that you want to be able to put the skin you see on a completely different model, directly onto your paris prime's model.

What I did not bold- you said that it's not hard to have a skin override a model. Which is NOT the same thing, it would mean equipping the forest skin would turn your paris prime into the normal paris model, with the skin on. That is very easy, yes. I cannot tell at this point what it is you want as from your sentences you can't seem to decide.

If when skins you refer to things like the brokk hammer or manticore, those are entirely different models not skins. This is why they were able to be used. If you're referring to actual normal skins. Eg. Forest paris- then I cannot see how that worked other than replacing the model entirely to the non-prime version.

Everything that I have bolded, directly quoting from you, is implying that you want to be able to put the skin you see on a completely different model, directly onto your paris prime's model.

What I did not bold- you said that it's not hard to have a skin override a model. Which is NOT the same thing, it would mean equipping the forest skin would turn your paris prime into the normal paris model, with the skin on. That is very easy, yes. I cannot tell at this point what it is you want as from your sentences you can't seem to decide.

I saw that terminology error before I posted, I hoped you'd know what I meant. But yeah. I never expected the skin to just retexture the prime model, I wanted it to make my prime look like a non-prime. :| I think this was just a simple misunderstanding. Oh, yeah, scindo prime has the same model iirc (or close enough) but different texture, even so, scindo has 2 model changing skins that cannot be equipped on its prime variant.

If when skins you refer to things like the brokk hammer or manticore, those are entirely different models not skins. This is why they were able to be used. If you're referring to actual normal skins. Eg. Forest paris- then I cannot see how that worked other than replacing the model entirely to the non-prime version.

Yup. That's exactly what we want, lol.

Oh, yeah, scindo prime has the same model iirc (or close enough) but different texture, even so, scindo has 2 model changing skins that cannot be equipped on its prime variant.

Close enough only counts in horseshoes. :p Also, you could equip them in the past; but iirc this was removed because for some reason the handles would be a bit too short for your hands on the prime version (no clue what caused it). People complained and naturally DE just removed it all together.

The reason is because prime frames are the default frame models, with special stuff tacked on. Prime weapon variants are an entirely different base model.

They do it with Warframes and Primes, so it isn't impossible. You just implement the code so if the skin is equipped it swaps the Prime model with the standard model for the skin. Remove the skin and model reverts. It's not terribly difficult to code in.

They do it with Warframes and Primes, so it isn't impossible. You just implement the code so if the skin is equipped it swaps the Prime model with the standard model for the skin. Remove the skin and model reverts. It's not terribly difficult to code in.

It's different. Warframe primes have the same model with extra pieces, like rhino prime's extra buff shoulders. paris to paris prime is a completely different bow. o.0

But yeah, its not that hard to have it override the default skin

Edited by Ironlixivium

Only you also need to code in the holster positions weapon hold positions, etc etc on the new warframe model... for each weapon. Which is my point. I never said it's impossible, I've in fact said they've even done it before. My point is that it takes time and work- time and work that is usually better spent doing something else (in the case of the weapons it's not even close to the same though, it's a matter of do they want to allow us to use non prime models on primes- and I believe their answer in the past has been "no").

I think it will come in due time to where we all have all the customization we would want on Warframes, I'm sure others above have said something entirely similar; For now enjoy what you can make out of it currently. For one I can't wait when all of the Prime gold can be recolored, but as for the ORIGINAL prime gold: I hope we can still choose this as an option for a default color before it becomes more pale gold. Everyone has their own tastes and preference though.

Only you also need to code in the holster positions weapon hold positions, etc etc on the new warframe model... for each weapon. Which is my point. I never said it's impossible, I've in fact said they've even done it before. My point is that it takes time and work- time and work that is usually better spent doing something else (in the case of the weapons it's not even close to the same though, it's a matter of do they want to allow us to use non prime models on primes- and I believe their answer in the past has been "no").

I can't think of a single weapon that isn't holstered the same way on its prime o.0