Banshee Nerf Is.. Well, Pretty Dumb.

I see a lot of people calling Sound Quake an "I Win" button, or saying that it was too spammable. With mods, pretty much anything is spammable. As to an "I Win" button...I have to disagree. Ultimates should be...you guessed it...ultimate. When you push that button and spend the 100 energy...something NOTICIBLE should happen. Things should explode, fall down, bleed all over, get sliced in half, pancaked...SOMETHING to justify the energy cost. Right now, with Sound Quake...that list of things only happens to the person that uses it. If the range was too big, nerf that...or leave it at 20m and don't let reach work on it. But lowering the range, damage, and making it so you are pretty much guaranteed to die while using it...well...may as well play a new frame at that point...since I can't see the fun in spamming Sonic Boom and Sonar just to have something to do with all that energy, or hoping when you use Sound Quake that you don't just instantly die.

Since I heard sonar alerts enemies

Untrue, I use sonar during Stealth phase all the time, enemies are none the wiser.

And I solo with Sonar, too. Sound Quake only for when I'm absolutely swamped with enemies that Sonic boom can't repel all of them.

I love all of the complaints about the Banshee nerf. She's fine as she is now. She NEEDED the nerf, especially since she was originally intended to be a stealth frame and not a frame that runs into a group of enemies, presses 1 button and kills everything. If you want to do that, go play a Sayrn.

I love all of the complaints about the Banshee nerf. She's fine as she is now. She NEEDED the nerf, especially since she was originally intended to be a stealth frame and not a frame that runs into a group of enemies, presses 1 button and kills everything. If you want to do that, go play a anything that isn't Rhino, Banshee, Loki, or Trinity (since she takes 2 buttons).

I fixed it for you

Make sound quake ignore armor

- thats would be a great price for siting duck animation, heavy punch with a price to 

pay for it. Its a sound wave after all.get real :D

Saryn ignore, Cali ignore,Ash ignore, why banshee is not?

I love all of the complaints about the Banshee nerf. She's fine as she is now. She NEEDED the nerf, especially since she was originally intended to be a stealth frame and not a frame that runs into a group of enemies, presses 1 button and kills everything. If you want to do that, go play a Sayrn.

She's the supposed 'stealth' frame with only one 'stealth' skill, arguably the worst skill in the game. In other words; the only reason people could possibly call her a stealth frame is because it's in the description. Nothing else is remotely stealthy about her.

Edited by SilentCynic

What happened, they fixed the off-host double-hit glitch ? Because that was kinda needed.

EDIT: I-Frame removed, damage reduced, double-hit glitch still present.

basically, nothing changed, you still wipe everything off-host and SQ is even more of a piece of useless trash on-host.

Those nerfs fixed nothing, noobs will keep whining about SQ being overpowered because of off-host players enjoying the glitch, while players willing to host with a Banshee simply wont play her because of her terrible polarity/skillset.

What a joke.

DE would have to reduce the nerfed Sound Quake damage output by a further 50% to prevent a off-host Banshee from wiping out an entiere room on Kiste ( level 28 ) because of the double-hit glitch. Those nerfs accomplished absolutely nothing beside alienating players wishing to play this frame on-host.

But I guess the kill-steal whiners will be happy.

Edited by GeistHeller

Banshee is at her best as a stealth frame anyway.

coming from someone who plays banshee a lot.

What's the point of stealth in this game again ? Oh wait there is none.

And good luck stealthing with a team of people rushing around, spamming ultimates with 4x Energy Siphon.

Yeah right.

Well, call me whatever, but i like the nerf.

Im a banshee player myself and i now see more need of coop gameplay than before. Now my teammates may actually stop sulking that i kill everything and actually start doing something instead of going afk.

Now i have to rely on Frost or Volt to protect me from gunfire when im channelling quake.

Now i can actually start using guns against corpus.

I can still use sonar and boom, which are pretty good in comparison to other frames powers.

IMO, this nerf just made the game more interesting for banshee players.

Please excuse me, but if you quit playing banshee now, you had no idea how to play her in the first place - as well as you had no idea how to play this game at all.

You can think what you want, but im pretty sure that "press 4 to receive mods and resources" isnt the way to play this game.

Well, call me whatever, but i like the nerf.

Im a banshee player myself and i now see more need of coop gameplay than before. Now my teammates may actually stop sulking that i kill everything and actually start doing something instead of going afk.

Now i have to rely on Frost or Volt to protect me from gunfire when im channelling quake.

Now i can actually start using guns against corpus.

We must play a completely different game.

When off-host, sound quake still destroys anything that is not Grineer level 40+, Ancients & Bosses.

Farming has not changed, just hide in the Snowball/Cast Sound Quake out of sight of the enemies & reach wave 50+ on Outer terminus no problem. You don't want to rely on the I-frame because when Corpus Crewmen/MoAs deal 200 damages per shot, it's to risky to get killed outside the globe.

When on-host, you might as well ignore the ability and use Sonar/Sonic boom unless you are playing on low level areas.

Edited by GeistHeller

While I'd love to see more teamwork being required and more synergy between the frames in general, it should be something that applies to every single warframe - not just specifically Banshee's ult due to a lenghty channeling time and the lack of i-frame. In my opinion, the only thing that the SQ nerf currently achieves is making Banshee significantly less fun to play for solo players and those who host but play with random groups.

Bullshiet ! This nerf sucks a lot !

Nice troll I know

I play with my banshee since 2 or 3 weeks and it's my only warframe at nowaday.

I think that the Banshee is not a stealth warframe but a crowd controler. The banshee is used to kill a large amount of small ennemies instead of that the others members of the team kill the biggest with her support (with her sonnar).

Actually, this nerf sucks a lot. I agree to reduce the range to 10 meters for example, but now, she losts her invicibility, , during 6 seconds she receives a large amount of dammage...

Another thing sucks, we can't use the chat during the cast... Before this update we can, now it's just impossible...

You have many waves to nerf the banshee and let her playable. Now, i've just go to farm for another warframe and i can't remove my orokin reactor. Thx a lot !

I love playing Banshee. As someone who really REALLY enjoys Banshee and considers it the main frame I like to go to, here are my two pence (which are probably not worth much, but still...)

1) Sound Quake did need a nerf. However, I'm not sure how it should have been nerfed, though I have an idea, nor do I feel that it needed this big of a nerf. The big thing with Sound Quake before the patch was how long it lasted, not the damage. Being completely invincible for that long period of time, staggering almost every enemy around you AND it was enough time for anyone with a Shade Sentinel to cloak as well? It felt like it did way more than most other ultimates. Basically using Sound Quake was too safe of an option. However, Sound Quake damage fell off very quickly in Endless Defence Missions. This left her as she was meant to be in Endless Defence Missions: A Support Frame. The nerf here went too far.

2) Banshee is far from useless post-nerf. I always thought that Banshee's best skill was Sonar, not Sound Quake. But then again, I did a lot of boss and when you remind everyone to hit the Orange part of the boss after using Banshee, they all fall, except Jackal, absurdly quickly. This still remains. I always considered Banshee to be the best generic boss killer along with Saryn. With a almost fully modded Continuity and fully maxed Sonar, a team (who isn't even that well modded) could take out every boss except Jackal before the first Sonar duration ended. Banshee is an absurd Boss Killer who makes short work of any boss, except Jackal. Sonar in Endless Missions is also a god send, especially when against Ancients. I've apparently made many a people appreciate Sonar more than Sound Quake thanks to Bosses and Endless Defence missions such as Xini. 

I'm still going to use Banshee. She's still one of the most fun Warframes to play. However, I do feel Sound Quake did get hit WAY too hard. I will admit though that in a lot of the generic missions, I just ran in spamming Sound Quake and just gain a lot of kills (mostly because my team mates would break the stealth almost instantly thus not being able to utilize Silence as much.) Fixing the Double Damage Glitch was good though and needed to be done. Maybe the best idea to nerf Banshee would have been to reduce the duration of her Sound Quake, but in turn up the damage per tick equal to the damage that she still is meant to do. The duration of it + Shade Sentinel + invincibility was insane.

Edited by KaijuKraid
I love playing Banshee. As someone who really REALLY enjoys Banshee and considers it the main frame I like to go to, here are my two pence (which are probably not worth much, but still...) +Snip

The problem is that absolutely nothing changed.

DE has completely missed the root of the problem, Sound Quake damage output is out of balance because of a glitch, you can remove the I-frame, reduce the damage a bit, it is still going to destroy everything as long as this glitch exists, which most people whining about SQ dont even know about.

I can still farm Kappa/Kiste with 500 kills or easily reach wave 55+ on Outer terminus by spamming SQ.

All I have to do is to be Off-host.

Meanwhile, DE is wrecking the frame for anyone wishing to play her on-host.

The loss of I-frame is irrelevant, except maybe against the Stalker, which is good new, because he was a joke for the Shee.

Edited by GeistHeller

Fixing the Double Damage Glitch was good though and needed to be done.

That's the thing. As far a I can tell, they didn't fix that. So, all that they've done is really hampered the frame for solo play. Yes, you can still go pretty damn far with just weapons, or by just relying on Sonar, but I think, ideally, each (or at least 75%) of the abilities in this game need to be worthwhile. Unless you're off-host, Sound Quake is now not worthwhile.

Interesting, press 1 before you press 4. Amazing things will happen!

If you thought the only skill in her kit was 4 your doing it wrong, 3 is probably about as op as it gets, and with any furthering of stealth play her 2 will be amazing.

Please quit trolling the forums with your unfounded drivel. It's getting really old how opinionated loudmouths who don't have any justifications for their qq pollute my reading space with useless unfounded nonsense. Pushing one button to clear an entire room with no thought or planning is something a trained monkey could do.

Edited by Judopunch
Interesting, press 1 before you press 4. Amazing things will happen!

If you thought the only skill in her kit was 4 your doing it wrong, 3 is probably about as op as it gets, and with any furthering of stealth play her 2 will be amazing.

Yeah let's ignore a glitch that gives double-damage to a frame and then "balance" said frame around this glitch. Nobody was complaining about Sonic Boom & Sonar, which are both very good skills.

Ho wait, you probably didn't even know about the double-hit glitch.

So please, get off your high horse & get some reading comprehension.

But sure, leave it that way, I don't mind really, all I have to do is to play off-host with my frost Friend to reach Wave 30 with 2 players on Terminus.

Edited by GeistHeller

sted Today, 12:51 PM

So, the immune to stagger is a bug and will be fixed. Rhino is fine for people who can adapt to change and improve their real skill. It s a big change but I think a majority of the players can be impartial enough to realize why this is not the world ender so many seem to think it is. Also, she mentioned someone asking why not make the game harder instead of nerfing (for example) Iron Skin. I would like to ask the community how can you make something hard enough to hurt an invulnerable character and not really screw everyone who is not invulnerable capable? 

What about players that like myself only played this game for three things : Rhino (tank), Gorgon (machinegun) and shotguns. With all this nerfed, what I am left with. I am left with no interest in the game whatsoever.

What about players that like myself only played this game for three things : Rhino (tank), Gorgon (machinegun) and shotguns. With all this nerfed, what I am left with. I am left with no interest in the game whatsoever.

Same thoughts. With the amount of other games out there i'm sure there'll be one that suits me instead of all these rubbish the developers have thrown us. Every patch is a nerf to either weapons or frames and the lack of content together with the constant grinding for materials, mods and level are going to make people quit. I for one is leaving.