Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Ironskin After The Change Short Vid

stacey69

As you might know, I like making videos:) So I made one on the Rhino using Iron skin against ancients after the change.

http://youtu.be/-HAx6dlREkg

A note to the Devs. --->Pre patch notes<--- This would help stop the feeling people get when a new patch comes. I understand you have to change and balance and I don't think that Rhino is that bad now. You just have to be careful around Disrupters and Toxics.

I played for 30 minutes and the Rhino now plays like most other frames. I don't know if this is a good idea to make all frames play the same but I do agree that anything that retards the enemies AI and abilities shouldn't be allowed in game. The problem is that it is such a huge change. The gameplay of Rhino is now completely different and many people will not like it.

A PTR server or just plain old simple "Pre patch notes" a few days before would help stop the feeling people get from having their frames and weapons changed so drastically. It is the shock of it. People adapt and learn to balance in time but the initial shock for some is... just too much to bare for them.

If you don't like me or my videos please walk away and ignore my post.

This is very disappointing.. Whole reason i built Rhino was for a tanking frame, something that could stand toe to toe and duke it out.

You still can. Tank away pal. Just don't expect to have any energy if you melee a disrupter. Don't expect to have much health if you melee a Toxic.

Having no energy is not much of an issue as with a 5 notch Flow you only have 300 energy anyway. Go collect some balls if you get robbed. Or just shoot them like we all have too.

Avoiding Toxics should add a new thing to the gameplay of Warframe for you instead of pressing button 1 and mashing mouse 2. You will have to run like the rest of us and shoot them.

You could always get a friend to level a Trinity. Use Skype. Shout at them to heal you after pummeling the face of a Toxic.

What I'm trying to say is... Relax. Its not half as bad as people make out. You will, believe it or not... Enjoy the change to Iron skin. You have to run away and stuff now. Its fun. Lots of people just got over emotional again at a change to a ... Ready for it... BETA GAME ! looooooool

Ahem... Sorry I shouldn't do that.

You still can. Tank away pal. Just don't expect to have any energy if you melee a disrupter. Don't expect to have much health if you melee a Toxic.

It's not tanking if you're expecting to "not have much health if you melee a toxic."

Seriously, how are you supposed to tank if one of the most common high level infested mobs completely ignores your defenses?

And that's leaving aside how little 80% DR helps on high level missions in general anyway.

Avoiding Toxics should add a new thing to the gameplay of Warframe for you instead of pressing button 1 and mashing mouse 2. You will have to run like the rest of us and shoot them.

If I want to have to run away from them, I'd play Excal/Frost/Nyx/etc. Rhino's ability to go toe to toe with them was one of the most fun things about doing infested missions with him. For once I didn't have to run away from every toxic or disruptor that wanted a hug.

You could always get a friend to level a Trinity. Use Skype. Shout at them to heal you after pummeling the face of a Toxic.

If my friend has a Trinity, he'd be better off just using link and tanking in my place instead.

What I'm trying to say is... Relax. Its not half as bad as people make out. You will, believe it or not... Enjoy the change to Iron skin. You have to run away and stuff now. Its fun. Lots of people just got over emotional again at a change to a ... Ready for it... BETA GAME ! looooooool

Ah yes, "run" on a Rhino. You mean "waddle away" right?

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

It's not tanking if you're expecting to "not have much health if you melee a toxic."

Seriously, how are you supposed to tank if one of the most common high level infested mobs completely ignores your defenses?

And that's leaving aside how little 80% DR helps on high level missions in general anyway.

If I want to have to run away from them, I'd play Excal/Frost/Nyx/etc. Rhino's ability to go toe to toe with them was one of the most fun things about doing infested missions with him. For once I didn't have to run away from every toxic or disruptor that wanted a hug.

If my friend has a Trinity, he'd be better off just using link and tanking in my place instead.

I agree with this man right here.

Sure you *can* tank with the Rhino. 

However you are better off tanking with a Volt than a Rhino. Same amount of shields, much better defenses, much faster and has an Ulti that does some damage.

The main reason why this won't be enjoyable by anyone with any sense of efficiency is because the Rhino is now a slow Warframe with 2 D polarity slots and a large shield pool. That is it. Its 4 abilities are useless compared to the alternatives, so you are always better off picking an alternative.

However you are better off tanking with a Volt than a Rhino. Same amount of shields, much better defenses, much faster and has an Ulti that does some damage.

The main reason why this won't be enjoyable by anyone with any sense of efficiency is because the Rhino is now a slow Warframe with 2 D polarity slots and a large shield pool. That is it. Its 4 abilities are useless compared to the alternatives, so you are always better off picking an alternative.

This is how I see it right now. Frost is the best to stop ranged damage, Trinity is the boss tank, and Ember with a staggering gun or melee weapon can deal with the infested just fine. Rhino just doesn't have a place anymore. He has a bit more shields, true, but thats about it. Now if armor mitigated shield damage...then maybe. But as it stands right now...Rhino is just subpar, and other frames can do his job better.

is this some kind of joke? you used iron skin to run away from melee while gunning everyone down. you got hit 7 times in 1 minute - that is you concept of "tanking"?

Well...that's the kind of tanking Rhino can do now...since he has no CC immunity with Iron Skin up.

Yknow, while the Iron Skin nerf makes Rhino a completely redundant frame, a lot of people also seem to forget that Vaubans Bastille ability makes Rhino Stomp look like a total joke in comparison and its not even an ultimate! Its like they wanted to nerf the Rhino into uselesness and then whoops there you go, a completely broken frame that can be yours for only 300 plat that can do your old frames job much better!

Either that or you stay sleepless for the next months trying to get the blueprints. This update was just all around completely awful.

Yknow, while the Iron Skin nerf makes Rhino a completely redundant frame, a lot of people also seem to forget that Vaubans Bastille ability makes Rhino Stomp look like a total joke in comparison and its not even an ultimate! Its like they wanted to nerf the Rhino into uselesness and then whoops there you go, a completely broken frame that can be yours for only 300 plat that can do your old frames job much better!

Either that or you stay sleepless for the next months trying to get the blueprints. This update was just all around completely awful.

Bastille is just...I don't even. Get a couple Vaubans on a team and its good game. Party pinatas everywhere for people to shoot at.

Good luck with your Volt against Infested. I would take a Rhino over Volt any day.

I love how when you get hit by an ancient, it knocks you halfway or more across that platform. Gonna be SO useful for reviving allies. : |

You still see the revive animation circle even if knocked down. I noticed this on The Jackal last night so you can still revive even if knocked away. Just keep your use button held down even though your not on the player.

is this some kind of joke? you used iron skin to run away from melee while gunning everyone down. you got hit 7 times in 1 minute - that is you concept of "tanking"?

Nope. This is me making a video showing what happens when... for people who play Rhino and can not get online but have a mobile phone or you tube on an I pad. Maybe I should now make a video of me playing on Xini for real on a Rhino. Maybe I will go do that now:)

That's why I use Shade on every frame now, so I can revive people.

Reviving people does not require GOD mode but some frames are better at it than others. Don't forget the new mod coming. It will provide your sentinel with a globe that protects you as you revive.

Well...that's the kind of tanking Rhino can do now...since he has no CC immunity with Iron Skin up.

CC immunity is fine. Having your energy taken has nothing to do with crowd control. It is and always has been a direct ability used by only 1 enemy in the whole game. As for poison. Why should we not have ONE enemy in game that makes you tremble in fear. Try using one of your other Rhino abilities to CC the Toxic and then empty a clip into him. He wont bother you anymore. Un till he re spawns:)  

They said ages ago that update 8 will change many of the frames abilities. I'm sure Rhino will get some love based around his other abilities as will all frames. Your making me want to play Rhino to prove to you life isn't as bad as you believe. Redundant? No. Different? Yes.

That video totally proves that taking invulnerability from rhino makes him useless, you just cannot tank anymore. He has no purpose anymore.

I'm not trying to tank in the video:) I'm showing what the change has done to the spell Iron skin. You can see I only loaded Ironskin and make no attempt to avoid any incoming Ancient damage or ability. Lots of people don't have a Rhino but they are reading all this stuff about it. I like making videos so I thought I would do a Rhino Ironskin vid for those people who don't know what all the fuss is about.

favorite thing is the waddle thing, thats not a joke anyone who has played as rhino knows that you can not run away when even the mobs are faster than you are.