Rhino Ironskin After The Change Short Vid

+1

I'm an avid Rhino player too, and I agree with the OP. Godmode should not be part of any game. That said, Trinity's Link needs to changed as well.

And loki's invisibility too. Push a button. Laugh. Profit.

Nerfr all the good stuff and what will be left? Only bad stuff. And who will be left?

You still can. Tank away pal. Just don't expect to have any energy if you melee a disrupter. Don't expect to have much health if you melee a Toxic.

Having no energy is not much of an issue as with a 5 notch Flow you only have 300 energy anyway. Go collect some balls if you get robbed. Or just shoot them like we all have too.

Avoiding Toxics should add a new thing to the gameplay of Warframe for you instead of pressing button 1 and mashing mouse 2. You will have to run like the rest of us and shoot them.

You could always get a friend to level a Trinity. Use Skype. Shout at them to heal you after pummeling the face of a Toxic.

What I'm trying to say is... Relax. Its not half as bad as people make out. You will, believe it or not... Enjoy the change to Iron skin. You have to run away and stuff now. Its fun. Lots of people just got over emotional again at a change to a ... Ready for it... BETA GAME ! looooooool

Ahem... Sorry I shouldn't do that.

I think if you have to run away like everyone else that's not call tanking exactly...

Reviving people does not require GOD mode but some frames are better at it than others. Don't forget the new mod coming. It will provide your sentinel with a globe that protects you as you revive.

Try that in a pool of lvl 60+ Ancients (hey, let's keep it real, bad things happens every now and then) in wave 19-20 of xini.  I am sure things short of Godmode/bastille  for that 5 sec will be fun.

CC immunity is fine. Having your energy taken has nothing to do with crowd control. It is and always has been a direct ability used by only 1 enemy in the whole game. As for poison. Why should we not have ONE enemy in game that makes you tremble in fear. Try using one of your other Rhino abilities to CC the Toxic and then empty a clip into him. He wont bother you anymore. Un till he re spawns:)  

They said ages ago that update 8 will change many of the frames abilities. I'm sure Rhino will get some love based around his other abilities as will all frames. Your making me want to play Rhino to prove to you life isn't as bad as you believe. Redundant? No. Different? Yes.

So, A friend and myself have been hotly debating this change since it came out. We both love Rhino, but he was by far my favorite frame, and the one I used to run the most before I started grinding for tenno rank. 80% damage reduction is... unpleasant as a change, but fine. Really, it makes your shields last forever. Sure, you can't play loose and reckless anymore, which I will admit is dissapointing, but Rhino can still stand in the center of a firefight and shrug, if only for a little while. Lets face it, if you activate iron skin pretty much back to back, the difference from before is minute. Sure, you're not invincible, but you are pretty damn close.

My problem is the very fact that CC abilities harm him in iron skin. That was, in my opinion, the best feature of it. Ignoring toxic and disuption let a rhino wade into the enemy so that he would get all those ancient slaps, preventing his team from suffering from them. Being disrupted by it now means that you, as rhino, effectively are limited to, well... playing like a slow excaliber against infested.

Honestly, rhinos charge, radial and stomp are... ok. Charge is busted at the moment, and I beleive the last stream it was addressed that a fix is coming. Radial, for a pure damage ability, is mediocre. At higher levels, with a maxed focus, I still need to drop 2 or 3 to kill basic troops. Bad news for a frame that doesn't have a big power pool, or the speed to run. Stomp, while an excellent stun, still seems slightly lack luster beside other '4's, though it's unmitigated ability to stun anything is pretty damn powerful. Even lech Kril and jackal suffer from that stun, which is a pretty big deal.

So, ultimately, what I'm saying is this: Screw pre patch warnings. Iron skin obviously is not doing what DE thought it should be doing. That said, a 'balance' should have come that did something else to rhino: Fix charge, or add damage to stomp and make radial something else, or make radial an actually strong aoe. Some kind of positive should have come with the negative of rhino's best ability being cut down a notch. Not to mention that he should have his CC immunity back. I legitimately think that it was an oversight that it's gone.

Apologies for the long rant here. I just love rhino and, while I have a fairly large pool of trust in DE and I am not prone to kneejerk reactions, I am a bit miffed! lol

All they had to do to rhino instead of nerfing the ability was to up its power cost to 100 and make it his ultimate instead (duration maybe slightly longer?) and tone down the duration of his current ultimate to make it usable as a 50 power ability. Then rhino would be balanced and possibly have another usable ability.

Well I guess I'll be running away from the infested ancients like a little pansy just like everybody else now.

"Everybody, I got this," is gonna start being the last phrase I utter before getting downed now. No potato for rhino now. Back to my Excalibur until this gets fixed.

I don't mind the loss of invulnerability, but losing energy to the disruptors and health to the toxics now just make it impossible for me to melee them for any reasonable amount of time.

I used to keep those things occupied and away from the party so they could take care of the rest of the infested, I'll need A LOT more support against them now.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

And loki's invisibility too. Push a button. Laugh. Profit.

Nerfr all the good stuff and what will be left? Only bad stuff. And who will be left?

If you haven't noticed, the number one cheat available in any game is Godmode. I can only assume that's why some people got banned a few patches ago.

Invisibility isn't Godmode. Loki has the lowest amount of armor, especially when equipped with his alternate equipment. He does not have any Area of Effect abilities that do damage on a wide scale when compared to the other Warframes. That said, I don't understand why you're bringing him into this discussion.

I'm not saying that Rhino's abilities should not be reworked, I'm saying that no character in any game should have Godmode as an ability.

If you haven't noticed, the number one cheat available in any game is Godmode. I can only assume that's why some people got banned a few patches ago.

Invisibility isn't Godmode. Loki has the lowest amount of armor, especially when equipped with his alternate equipment. He does not have any Area of Effect abilities that do damage on a wide scale when compared to the other Warframes. That said, I don't understand why you're bringing him into this discussion.

I'm not saying that Rhino's abilities should not be reworked, I'm saying that no character in any game should have Godmode as an ability.

Invisibility IS Godmode so is Ash's smokescreen.

I use Loki and Ash so I know.

When you are in a pinch, press 2.

Unleash your weapons fire and melee on enemies.

Enemies can't see so they can't hit you.

You win.

That's Godmode.

That said, if this chain of asking for nerfs and comparisons between frames doesn't stop, I don't see this game lasting long.

Every frame will be nerfed.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

I think the relevant point here, Stacey69, is that now Rhino plays just like everyone else, where as previously it didn't, which is why so many people liked it.

I did state that this might be a bad idea making all frames play the same so having a pop at me for not saying something that i did say it a bit pointless.

People liked Rhino because it was easy mode and in Defense on Xini anyone with 2 hands and 2 eyes could get 600+ kills while everyone else was on 250 kills. This is not balance. Now it is balance. I played Rhino for serious on my stream just after this topic was made. I died once and tanked like a trooper. I knew i would have energy stolen and that i would die because i went in melee range to red and green ancients. I did this to stop them running at the other people in group. I got my energy back within 15 seconds and was revived within 5 seconds. I could have avoided death and energy drain but i chose not to and be a hero tank.

The other Rhino abilities do less damage because hes a tank class not a dps class like Saryn or Ash. They also need abilities to defend them just incase they get pinned in. My point was...No warning about a nerf. People were shocked to log on and then get their arses handed to them on a plate. This is 100% the fault of DE and they deserve the trashing they have been given. Pre patch notes or a warning would have avoided some of the feeling people had when they went on their Rhinos. I agree with the players, not DE. I do however feel that the over emotional response from Rhino players was laughable. 

Rhino is still a very strong frame. It does however need some changing and fixing. DE did state a long time ago that most frames and abilities would be looked at for when update 8 comes. Who knows, Rhino could be changed within the next 2 days to be even better than before. Maybe Trinity and Rhino will be able to play together better. Dps frames who can rely on a tank. Who knows? None of us. Be patient and see what happens in the next week. I believe most of us will be shocked at the improvements.

So, ultimately, what I'm saying is this: Screw pre patch warnings. Iron skin obviously is not doing what DE thought it should be doing. That said, a 'balance' should have come that did something else to rhino: Fix charge, or add damage to stomp and make radial something else, or make radial an actually strong aoe. Some kind of positive should have come with the negative of rhino's best ability being cut down a notch. Not to mention that he should have his CC immunity back. I legitimately think that it was an oversight that it's gone.

I agree 100%, in fact in a recent thread I started I reflect many of the same points you just addressed.

Feel free to check it out.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/48480-a-newbies-pov-of-rhino/

"I feel that I would rather just quit playing than change my play style so drastically. It upsets me greatly to see my class get Nerfed on a Non-pvp game."
Quote for truth.

Edited by Supern00b