Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi, I'm The Voice Of Tyl Regor

As a wanna-be voice actor, may I ask what your voice sounded like before they added all the filters over it? I'm interested in being able to recreate the voice myself and that would be the best starting point.

Well, I'm not sure as to all the filters/effects they added. All I can say for sure (from what my ears tell me, anyways) was that they pitched me down just a smidge (maybe half-a-step) and added that echo effect you hear, to give it that talking-through-metal idea.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: After listening to the original audio I sent over to the DE Sound Team, there seems to be about a 20% decrease in my pitch. Well within my natural range, but just another example how Tyl Regor was truly "crafted" by the good folks at DE!

Edited by VoiceActingNinja

Is it just me, or did anyone else read this post in a Tyl Regor voice?

It's not just you. That voice... so smooooooth. And while the sound team deserves applause and kudos, too, y'might be being just a bit too modest Mr. Ninja. If the delivery of the lines is bad, ain't nothing that can save it. And Tyl Regor has some damn nice lines.

Warframe was RELEASED in 2013 (that's where the year comes from).

I'm the current voice of Nef Anyo as well as Tyl Regor.

Ah, wasn't sure how the year crediting worked.  That's awesome, amazing work on both!

If I may ask, did you have any inspiration for your performance? I'm sure the sound team had a direction in mind that they wanted the lines to go, but did you add a little bit to it on your own? I'm always interested in hearing from a voice actor where some of their voices come from. I used to do a few silly voices as a youngster, most of which came from trying to emulate cartoon characters I liked. Tyl sounds like a style of speaker I've heard before, so I'm curious if I may recognize a specific point of origin.

Also, fanboy mode activate: Hearing Tyl ramble during the event was so enjoyable, I didn't mind running it so many times as each one was another chance to hear something entertaining!

My favorite villian so far, now if DE can stop making him repeat himself so much

If I may ask, did you have any inspiration for your performance? I'm sure the sound team had a direction in mind that they wanted the lines to go, but did you add a little bit to it on your own? I'm always interested in hearing from a voice actor where some of their voices come from. I used to do a few silly voices as a youngster, most of which came from trying to emulate cartoon characters I liked. Tyl sounds like a style of speaker I've heard before, so I'm curious if I may recognize a specific point of origin.

Also, fanboy mode activate: Hearing Tyl ramble during the event was so enjoyable, I didn't mind running it so many times as each one was another chance to hear something entertaining!

No direction as to another actor/character out there.
They basically gave me some highlights on his character (intelligent, kind of a mad scientist, a bit crazy but certainly not insane, etc.) and I started creating a character from that.

FUN FACT: It took three rounds of back-and-forth tweaking to get the character to its final iteration you hear in-game! So I got to pour over Tyl Regor's lines A LOT before the final incarnation was born. =)
Edited by VoiceActingNinja

Love the voice you did for Tyl Regor, especially the jellyfish and scapel lines.

I want to know, would you consider doing some fanmade lines in your beautiful voice? Im asking for ehh.... A friend....maybe....

Thanks for the love; glad you like it so much!

Unfortunately, I can't provide you with any recordings as the character of Tyl Regor belongs to Digital Extremes. Sorry. =(

Thanks for the kind words!

Don't know about any other Tyl Regor ... I would ask that to the DE dev team.

Senpai noticed me! <3

...but in all seriousness I would honestly be surprised if they didn't replace the old tyl voice with yours simply because of how many comments ive read about how great a job you and your team did.

if it's not violating any contract or deal with DE (like VAs cant do samples outside their work or convention) will you do one Lotus line?

Or anyone's line like community-favorite Darvo's "There's a large security force heading your way."

nevermind, already answered:

Thanks for the love; glad you like it so much!

Unfortunately, I can't provide you with any recordings as the character of Tyl Regor belongs to Digital Extremes. Sorry. =(

Edited by faustias

Senpai noticed me! <3

...but in all seriousness I would honestly be surprised if they didn't replace the old tyl voice with yours simply because of how many comments ive read about how great a job you and your team did.

It would be stupid not to keep the same voice actor, my only complaint is how often the script repeats the same lines over if the voice was RNG to a degree that felt like it was a live interaction then it would be 10x better ( Voice was perfect btw ! )

Senpai noticed me! <3

I actually have a feeling he's already voiced the lines for the Regor 2.0 bossfight, and likely a few other events around Regor, given the way DE's writing  goes (they do have some things planned out) and often VA's tend to record a lot of stuff in one go.

Edited by Gelkor

I loved the Tyl Regor voice, it was incredible! I hope we hear lots more of you doing Tyl Regor for the game in the future, and I hope you continue to get more high profile positions in voice acting. You have an amazing voice for that kind of work, and the way you delivered the lines was flawless. It really was the high point of the event performances from the various characters, and really gave the whole thing a super cool feel. 

I loved the Tyl Regor voice, it was incredible! I hope we hear lots more of you doing Tyl Regor for the game in the future, and I hope you continue to get more high profile positions in voice acting. You have an amazing voice for that kind of work, and the way you delivered the lines was flawless. It really was the high point of the event performances from the various characters, and really gave the whole thing a super cool feel. 

Many thanks!

I've worked for companies like LEGO, Square-Enix, Atlus, S2 Games and Majesco ... but this is the first time players have been gushing about a character I've recorded at this kind of degree. It's very humbling. =)