Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi, I'm The Voice Of Tyl Regor

Thanks for the love; glad you like it so much!

Unfortunately, I can't provide you with any recordings as the character of Tyl Regor belongs to Digital Extremes. Sorry. =(

Aww... Okay, we understand. Hopefully we get to hear your voice some more soon.

Also, thanks for taking your time to reply to everyone, greatly appreciate it :)

Followup question!  Do you/have you played the game?  I know not everyone is  into videogames, and that's cool if not, I just always think it's awesome when actors who've done voices in a game play it too. (Plus, you know, you could go on mic during the event and freak people out by doing your "Tyl Regor" voice)

Edited by Gelkor

Eh... nothing to be worried about. I mean, he IS just a jellyfish.

STINKY.

FLOPPY.

JELLYFISH.

Hahaha yes!

Well, Tyl Regor is my new favorite bad guy. I hope he becomes the regular Grineer villain of plots! More work for you, more fun for us!

EDIT: AND YOU DO NEF ANYO?! *squeeee*

Edited by indaris

Followup question!  Do you/have you played the game?  I know not all actors are into games, and that's cool if not, I just always think it's awesome when actors who've done voices in a game play it too. (Plus, you know, you could go on mic during the event and freak people out by doing your "Tyl Regor" voice)

I was aware of the game when it was first released two years ago ... but only downloaded it on Steam after I recorded Nef Anyo's "False Profit" mission. Grabbed an Excalibur frame, and loved the overall concept. Had a bit of problem with the controls, but I've managed to overcome them enough to finish four missions so far. =)

I was aware of the game when it was first released two years ago ... but only downloaded it on Steam after I recorded Nef Anyo's "False Profit" mission. Grabbed an Excalibur frame, and loved the overall concept. Had a bit of problem with the controls, but I've managed to overcome them enough to finish four missions so far. =)

I have a feeling you will have a lot of friend requests and offers to help run missions the next time you're on! XD

Your voice reminds me of a combination of Shockwave from the Transformers and Mordin Solus from Mass Effect. Deep, analytical, fast-paced with a drop of sarcasm and humour in it. The perfect mix.

Keep it up, you and the sound team did a phenomenal job bringing Tyl Regor to life.

You can lunk me in with all the other non-lizards here who enjoy your iteration of Tyl. I like the lines that suggest making an infinite army of lethal toobmin only requires mixing a couple of phials of murky moon water together. Mad scientist? Yes. Genius? Indubitably. And you lent him your voice to make him a loved enemy. Kudos and gratis, good Sir Voice Actor. Your talent is appreciated.

You literally made Tyl Regor

And just curious, was the jellyfish and the stick thing intended to be an innuendo of sort ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) or just fan assertion ?

Can't tell you what the INTENTION of the line was ... but I can tell you what I was thinking while I recorded it: I was thinking of a washed up jellyfish on the beach, and how you're not supposed to touch it in case it could still sting you, so you're supposed to poke it with a stick. Sorry for any shippings that may be dashed from that ... but there it is.

I only have to say: Amazing work on the voice man!! My friends and I found your work perfect, so smooth, sexy at the same time! Even more: A friend throw a joke about "Report Tyl Regor for sexual harassment toward me with his sexy voice" XD

Good job and keep it up!

Wow, you actually did Nef Anyo as well o.o It shouldn't be surprising to me but I still find it bizarre since I kept listening to both Nef and Tyl while doing the mission and I can't find any similarities. Since people were talking about "Give unto the Void", then it started to make much more sense. 

I actually felt Nef sounded so much like Dynasty Warriors' Zhang Jiao. I mean, they acted the same way and their tone is similar, hell, even their fashion is so freaking similar, except Nef is more subtle, and he is more about profit, and Zhang Jiao preaches about salvation and converting infidels.

Anyway, awesome performance on Tyl Regor and Nef Anyo! A true deceiving ninja XD