Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi, I'm The Voice Of Tyl Regor

I'm also 99% certain you're not the first professional voice actor to hit Warframe. The VA for Simaris sounds really familiar, I just can't place him (and judging by my Google results, neither can anyone else).

I first started auditioning for Warframe characters back in October of last year... so if it's been that long, I'm sure there are more than a few working voice actors that phased through from the ether to help out!

I'm also 99% certain you're not the first professional voice actor to hit Warframe. The VA for Simaris sounds really familiar, I just can't place him (and judging by my Google results, neither can anyone else).

I first started auditioning for Warframe characters back in October of last year... so if it's been that long, I'm sure there are more than a few working voice actors that phased through from the ether to help out!

I believe you are referring to AM from 'I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream'. When U16 was released, there were a few threads asking others if Simaris' voice sounded familiar. Yet, no one knows for sure if it is the same actor (that game was released in 1995 so that probably makes a difference).

That may or may not be what you speak of though.

Edited by LazerSkink

I believe you are referring to AM from 'I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream'. When U16 was released, there were a few threads asking others if Simaris' voice sounded familiar. Yet, no one knows for sure if it is the same actor (that game was released in 1995 so that probably makes a difference).

That may or may not be what you speak of though.

As far as I know, AM was voiced by none other than Harlan Ellison, the author of the original story. And I doubt that he would moonlight as a VA for DE.

Hey there, Liza-- I mean, uh, Tenno...

My name is Lucas and I'm the voice of the reworked Tyl Regor in the "Tubemen Of Regor" event.

I want to start off with a hearty "Thank You" to all of the posts, tweets, threads, fanart and YouTube videos you guys have made in support of Tyl Regor's voice and performance. I was first alerted to their presence on the Warframe forums by the Sound Team at DE; and after an hour on the forums (yes, it took me an hour to find all the stuff you guys wrote!), I started searching the rest of the Internet ... only to find Reddit and Tumblr and hosts of other sites going nuts about Tyl Regor! 

It's very humbling to read your kind words and I'm very happy you guys like Tyl Regor. But be sure to give some major props to both the writing team (for the wonderful lines) as well as DE_George and the rest of the Sound Crew at DE (for their sound effects, editing and vocal direction they gave me)!! These guys/gals are the real reason Tyl Regor sounds the way he does. 

So, once again: thanks, Tenno. You may not be the lizards I first made you out to be. 

Regards, 
Lucas Schuneman, The Voice-Acting Ninja

P.S. if I'm allowed a bit of shameless self-promotion, be sure to check out my website, Twitter and Facebook page to stay up-to-date with any new voice-related goodness!

Your voice was the best part of that event.  ^.^

• 3 months later...

I've had a lot, a lot of lewd imaginations and fantasies when i first heard your voice, but now that lewdness reminds me, I have soem questions.

WHERE, on Alad, were you going to poke at him with your "stick"?

What HISTORY were you poking at with Natah and Hunhow?

Why are you so EXCITED about me popping by to murder you with a female warframe?

Is your laboratory a branch of from Aperture Science ("pound you into a tiny cube")

Why do you grunt and moan more than any other entity in this game?

I've had a lot, a lot of lewd imaginations and fantasies when i first heard your voice, but now that lewdness reminds me, I have soem questions.

Why are you so EXCITED about me popping by to murder you with a female warframe?

Is your laboratory a branch of from Aperture Science ("pound you into a tiny cube")

Let's answer these in order:

- On his squishy body; certainly not his limp tentacles.

- I don't know. That'd be a question for DE. And I'd be surprised if they'd share that info.

- Hey, now... male or female: ALL WARFRAMES have head juice. And Tyl must know what colors they possess.

- You never know. Tyl might as well be the Cave Johnson of Warframe.

- You'd grunt/moan that much too if you had an upside-down face. And sexy vocal chords.

Hope that helps!

You seem to be very curious about Regor. Do you have a Mag? It seems you have a CRUSH on him. (Ok, that was pretty bad)

Answers to your questions:

1: He was going to poke Alad in the neck, then chop off his head. ( I wouldn't mind, Alad deserves to die for his sins towards the Tenno, namely torturing Mesa and Valkyr with hopes at turning them into his slaves)

2: Regor wants to know if Lotus has "Daddy Issues", and who wouldn't be curious? I would want to know too, if I was allowed to speak. We don't know much about the Lotus except that purple is supposedly not her favourite color, she's supposedly female, she definitely cares for us, is probably one of the best hackers this universe will ever see, is omniscient, and can be a bit of an overprotective dominatr- I mean guide.

3: For killing his tubemen and disrupting his research. He'd be just as excited if I went as Rhino or Frost, we don't need to use Saryn or Ember with dual-pistols. All he wants is revenge.

If someone broke into your Liset, killed your Omega Lotus Sahasa, stole ALL your segments, resources, platimium, credits, deleted Ordis, reset your Syndicate standing, Mastery, in-game hours, kicked you from all chat channels, Clans, banned you from anything except solo play, reset your star chart, and made away with all your Warframes (Including your VERY hard-earned Ash Prime with Reactors and Formas and all), Void Keys, Weapons (Which means you can kiss your Dex Dakra goodbye), gear, Sigils, and then sent you a mocking message to rub salt, lemonade, CON2H4 or (NH2)2CO, seawater and toxic waste into the already gaping wound, I'm pretty sure you'd kill him the instant you had the chance.

4: About that, I think you just blew my mind straight out of the window. Tyl Regor could very well be an agent of Aperture operating in a multiverse, like what Cave Johnson mentioned. Next time you drop a Companion Cube down a furnace, you could have very well killed a Tenno. You are now guilty of fratricide.

All you Portal players out there, do remember that Chell is going to be made into a Nova Warframe, built in Portal Gun and all.

5: Because having a grenade detonated in your face, getting your nethers shredded by a Hysteric female berseker, getting bludgeoned by a jet powered mace that was about to be manufactured, and having a viral-elemental kurisarigama spreading your viscera all over the place hurts like hell. Who doesn't go "ouch" when they feel pain? (Except for most Tenno and John Prodman. Pain is but a myth to them)

Also, you hear Tyl grunt more because you actually hit him more times. If he can take ten hits from said female berseker and live to grunt ten times, remember that a Corpus Diplomat can take one hit from a simple dagger and start weeping and crying. It's already admirable that Tyl Regor can prove a worthy opponent for even a squad of four Tenno. (I know he can be a piece of cake on solo, I've tried)

All in all, Regor is one of my favorite characters in Warframe, his voice and character make him appear amusing, intimidating, mentally unstable, hyperactive, completely unstable, completely comical, and makes every speech he makes endearing, noteworthy and entertaining. (Particularly that line about Tyl's intention to neuter Neffy and throw the "residue" into the Void)

Great job with the voice acting, Lucas, you've really outdone yourself with this one! Tyl Regor is actually the reason one of my friends picked up the game. He said the voice acting was "Epic beyond all imagination" and I fully agree!

Edited by Ollnozz

Let's answer these in order:

- On his squishy body; certainly not his limp tentacles.

- I don't know. That'd be a question for DE. And I'd be surprised if they'd share that info.

- Hey, now... male or female: ALL WARFRAMES have head juice. And Tyl must know what colors they possess.

- You never know. Tyl might as well be the Cave Johnson of Warframe.

- You'd grunt/moan that much too if you had an upside-down face. And sexy vocal chords.

Hope that helps!

Actually, this makes quite a bit of sense, just a bit curious about some things.

1: Can jellyfish actually feel pain? They seem to not have many organs, I think some are even heartless (I'm looking at you, Alad).

2: I've spent hours trying to make a dent on a Sentient drone, to no avail. If the DE actually want to let us fight Sentients, please warn us beforehand so I can get my Loki and start running for my life.

3: I want to know too! Except that I can see straight through Valkyr's head, Nekros may not have any blood, let alone head juice, and from what the Slash Procs are showing me, all Warframes have blood-red... well, blood.

4:If Tyl is Cave Johnson then please tell me where the Portal guns are stored, I need to stop depending on Chell- I mean Nova.

5: I hear Sargas Ruk grunting much more often. He's all "RAHUGH" and "URRAH" and "HGUHAR". Regor just goes oof and ow. At least he doesn't cry like Alad. 

I just wanna know if youve seen the new Mocap studio as DE and used it yet? Live action Regor for the win lol

Just pictures of the studio. It looks pretty sweet! With me in Chicago and DE in Ontario, it'd be hard to make the arrangements to do a mocap session... although I welcome the opportunity! (hint, hint, DE!)

question, if I crack open your head Fruit, what colour juice spills out?

lol jokes, love your voice acting, even after about 100 fights with regor to help others get equinox, Tyl is still perhaps my favourite villain. kudos to you for being a good sport and an awesome Voice Actor!

IT'S HAMMER TIME!

Glad you like him so much! Hope he made your grinds a bit more bearable.

And the Oscar prize goes to you !

Audience-clapping.gif

"I'd like to thank all the Tubemen who made this possible, the phenomenal weapons of Ack & Brunt, and of course all the Tenno out there... this is really all due to you, you disgusting, foolish lizards!

Oh dear, I promised myself I wasn't going to cry..."

*a single tear flows upward from the top of his mask*

Edited by VoiceActingNinja

"I'd like to thank all the Tubemen who made this possible, the phenomenal weapons of Ack & Brunt, and of course all the Tenno out there... this is really all due to you, you disgusting, foolish lizards!

Oh dear, I promised myself I want going to cry..."

If you didn't read this in Regor's voice...

Then you're a filthy, sweating liar.

Glad you like him so much! Hope he made your grinds a bit more bearable.

It really did.  That night helmet just did not want to drop, and "hammer time" made me chuckle (I stopped bursting into hysterical laughter after about the fifth run).  Seriously awesome voice acting!

upside-down face.

nice XD