Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi, I'm The Voice Of Tyl Regor

An accurate depiction of my reaction to your presence on the Warframe forums, represented in chronological order and using gifs I found on Google:

tumblr_m88q5oqgW31qm5jvp.gif

884008.gif

Dear Lord, I've got fangirls bringing up Cumberbatch in reference to some silly voice of mine...

....well, it was a good run... nothing left to accomplish...

*jumps off bridge*

Dear Lord, I've got fangirls bringing up Cumberbatch in reference to some silly voice of mine...

....well, it was a good run... nothing left to accomplish...

*jumps off bridge*

You are not allowed to die yet. You have not produced enough glorious Tyl Regor.

[size=1]The trick here is that there is NEVER enough Tyl Regor, and thus Mr. Schuneman is immortal.[/size]

Hey there, Liza-- I mean, uh, Tenno...

My name is Lucas and I'm the voice of the reworked Tyl Regor in the "Tubemen Of Regor" event.

I want to start off with a hearty "Thank You" to all of the posts, tweets, threads, fanart and YouTube videos you guys have made in support of Tyl Regor's voice and performance. I was first alerted to their presence on the Warframe forums by the Sound Team at DE; and after an hour on the forums (yes, it took me an hour to find all the stuff you guys wrote!), I started searching the rest of the Internet ... only to find Reddit and Tumblr and hosts of other sites going nuts about Tyl Regor! 

It's very humbling to read your kind words and I'm very happy you guys like Tyl Regor. But be sure to give some major props to both the writing team (for the wonderful lines) as well as DE_George and the rest of the Sound Crew at DE (for their sound effects, editing and vocal direction they gave me)!! These guys/gals are the real reason Tyl Regor sounds the way he does. 

So, once again: thanks, Tenno. You may not be the lizards I first made you out to be. 

Regards, 
Lucas Schuneman, The Voice-Acting Ninja

P.S. if I'm allowed a bit of shameless self-promotion, be sure to check out my website, Twitter and Facebook page to stay up-to-date with any new voice-related goodness!

Please do more of him. He is absolutely my favourite character in this entire game. Just so chill and everything. Like our destroying his labs was like us blowing wind on him. Not a care in the world.

Hey there, Liza-- I mean, uh, Tenno...

My name is Lucas and I'm the voice of the reworked Tyl Regor in the "Tubemen Of Regor" event.

I want to start off with a hearty "Thank You" to all of the posts, tweets, threads, fanart and YouTube videos you guys have made in support of Tyl Regor's voice and performance. I was first alerted to their presence on the Warframe forums by the Sound Team at DE; and after an hour on the forums (yes, it took me an hour to find all the stuff you guys wrote!), I started searching the rest of the Internet ... only to find Reddit and Tumblr and hosts of other sites going nuts about Tyl Regor! 

It's very humbling to read your kind words and I'm very happy you guys like Tyl Regor. But be sure to give some major props to both the writing team (for the wonderful lines) as well as DE_George and the rest of the Sound Crew at DE (for their sound effects, editing and vocal direction they gave me)!! These guys/gals are the real reason Tyl Regor sounds the way he does. 

So, once again: thanks, Tenno. You may not be the lizards I first made you out to be. 

Regards, 
Lucas Schuneman, The Voice-Acting Ninja

P.S. if I'm allowed a bit of shameless self-promotion, be sure to check out my website, Twitter and Facebook page to stay up-to-date with any new voice-related goodness!

Amazing work, great job!!

Tyl Regor is somehow my favourite boss now, just cos of your voice! xD

When i heard the Tyl Regor's new voice for the first time i was like "HOLY S**T".

My favorite quotes are:

"Alad V the Jellytfish" (the biggest and most awesome line)

"I'm no legless parrot" (love the fact that he hates Hek too)

"Trying to stop my science?" (mad scientist is strong with this one)

"Neffy's danglers" (for some reasons this line always sounds very innuendo'ish in my head... if only i could see (and hear) Neffy's reaction to this one)

When i heard the Tyl Regor's new voice for the first time i was like "HOLY S**T".

My favorite quotes are:

"Alad V the Jellytfish" (the biggest and most awesome line)

"I'm no legless parrot" (love the fact that he hates Hek too)

"Trying to stop my science?" (mad scientist is strong with this one)

"Neffy's danglers" (for some reasons this line always sounds very innuendo'ish in my head... if only i could see (and hear) Neffy's reaction to this one)

The "which twit did this thing" in particular was my favorite. It's really bone chilling how angry he sounds. Edited by Stouty22

If you haven't found them, you can grab my Tyl Regor audio lines here: TYL REGOR QUOTES

And here are Nef Anyo's lines from both "False Profit"  and "Tubemen of Regor": NEF ANYO QUOTES

And if you're still interested in more, you can always check out my website under the "Reels" section for demo reels, video clips and samples!

Hope that helps!

O:

The legend himself noticed the files I uploaded and pages I made on the Wiki!

*melts*

An accurate depiction of my reaction to your presence on the Warframe forums, represented in chronological order and using gifs I found on Google:

tumblr_m88q5oqgW31qm5jvp.gif

884008.gif

This.

Don't get me wrong, I applaud the writers and the sound crew at DE. Everyone contributed it and made it happen together. But it takes talent and dedication to transform words in a script into impassioned and expressive language, giving said words a real life and energy of their own. Well done, sir! I hope to hear even more in the future.

Edited by Azimuth64

This.

Don't get me wrong, I applaud the writers and the sound crew at DE. Everyone contributed it and made it happen together. But it takes talent and dedication to transform words in a script into impassioned and expressive language, giving said words a real life and energy of their own. Well done, sir! I hope to hear even more in the future.

Aww, you're too good to me. =)

But thanks for noticing the devs/writers... they certainly deserve a good deal of praise. ESPECIALLY when I went back and listened to/extracted the original audio I sent them as the finished the product for Tyl Regor. FUN FACT: I thought they pitched my voice down just a smidge... but it ended up being around a 20% decrease (which is significant). It's within my natural range, but it goes to show that my original vocal foundation simply had the acting and mannerisms ... and they truly created the finished product that you hear in-game.

And here's hoping I have a chance to revisit Tyl Regor again; it certainly would be fun!

Aww, you're too good to me. =)

But thanks for noticing the devs/writers... they certainly deserve a good deal of praise. ESPECIALLY when I went back and listened to/extracted the original audio I sent them as the finished the product for Tyl Regor. FUN FACT: I thought they pitched my voice down just a smidge... but it ended up being around a 20% decrease (which is significant). It's within my natural range, but it goes to show that my original vocal foundation simply had the acting and mannerisms ... and they truly created the finished product that you hear in-game.

And here's hoping I have a chance to revisit Tyl Regor again; it certainly would be fun!

Are you legally able to say how many lines/what kinds of lines you recorded for them there? Because I'm imagining that they most certainly have the intention of bringing you back if it was JUST for this event... That or Regor will never be the same...

Also, the 20% decrease is VERY interesting...

Fair enough, and I hope it didn't sound like I was belittling the team at DE. :3 They are a really awesome bunch of people, and the final product was just awesome.

According to his resume he is also Nef Anyo :O

Was I the only one that didn't know this?

Not until I read his profile, but I do now!

@VoiceActingNinja - You also did a glorious job of taking greed to a religious level on Nef Anyo's lines. Excellent work xD

Edited by Azimuth64

It's within my natural range, but it goes to show that my original vocal foundation simply had the acting and mannerisms ... and they truly created the finished product that you hear in-game.

It's the acting that got to me the most.  It was a combination of the more blue-collar mannerisms (delivered perfectly) with the obviously intellectual Regor that was such a change from the norm it shocked me the first time I heard it.  I had a firm impression right from the first line.

Are you legally able to say how many lines/what kinds of lines you recorded for them there? Because I'm imagining that they most certainly have the intention of bringing you back if it was JUST for this event... That or Regor will never be the same...

Also, the 20% decrease is VERY interesting...

Not really much to say... the voices you hear in the game are the voices I recorded. Plain and simple.

When it came to Nef Anyo, I recorded the "False Profit" dialogue in one session and the "Tubemen of Regor" lines about a week later.

FUN FACT: There ARE certain words/phrases that I recorded for both Nef Anyo and Tyl Regor that didn't make it into the final cut of the in-game dialogue. For legal reasons, I can't share all of it... but since so many people liked the "legless parrot" line, I also recorded calling him "that bionic blowhard!" as well. True story. =)

Obviously, the "bionic blowhard" line didn't make the final cut... but I thought it was funny since so many players loved that "parrot" insult.

Edited by VoiceActingNinja

Not really much to say... the voices you hear in the game are the voices I recorded. Plain and simple.

When it came to Nef Anyo, I recorded the "False Profit" dialogue in one session and the "Tubemen of Regor" lines about a week later.

FUN FACT: There ARE certain words/phrases that I recorded for both Nef Anyo and Tyl Regor that didn't make it into the final cut of the in-game dialogue. For legal reasons, I can't share all of it... but since so many people liked the "legless parrot" line, I also recorded calling him "that bionic blowhard!" as well. True story. =)

Obviously, the "bionic blowhard" line didn't make the final cut... but I thought it was funny since so many players loved that "parrot" insult.

Ehhhh NEFFY !?

I found myself a new nickname for Hek... too bad he's dead. I think. How silly of me.

But then again, Tyl Regor strikes me more as a classier type, so "legless parrot" does its job well.

I'm getting the feeling that Warframe has become my Japanese middle school and, amazingly, I've somehow become one of the Senpai.

Dammit, now I have to behave rationally and properly.

*shuffles feet*

Rationally and properly? So that means... not noticing people anymore?