The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Alad V Is Going To Betray Us Now, Right ?!?!

thebrainbrain

Dey is cool

Oh yeah, they're cool, they're awesome to watch and stuff... But you're literally arguing "I'll give up my free will and damn the whole of the system to becoming a mindless part of a genetic hivemind collective!"

I don't get it.

I would like to see him actually as an ally now. Like he uses the cure to start curing the infested. Maybe like cure vials like the antitoxins? He walks us through missions to use them on infested hives/infested vessels?

I don't like Alad V, and yet I'd like to see this.... because it's unexpected -......

Betraying us to build that Juggernaut or the J3? Totally what I'd expect him to do.

I don't like Alad V, and yet I'd like to see this.... because it's unexpected -......

Betraying us to build that Juggernaut or the J3? Totally what I'd expect him to do.

The only issue I have with this whole "cure the infested!" route is that it completely undermines the Infested as a threat. ALL the possible peril? Thhwpt! Gone!

"Tenno, there's infestation brewing."

"Yeah? So? We cured Infestation last week, Lotus. It's not a problem."

Oh yeah, they're cool, they're awesome to watch and stuff... But you're literally arguing "I'll give up my free will and damn the whole of the system to becoming a mindless part of a genetic hivemind collective!"

I don't get it.

Again, dey is cool.

Same reason why people like the Zerg from Starcraft or the Necromorphs from Dead Space.

It's just a cool idea. 

What part of Hek's "the Grineer are done negotiating!" didn't you understand? Regor's no Hek, but the Grineer don't have to bow down to the Corpus - even in Gradivus it was implied that the Corpus was getting the shaft of the Grineer's bullying.

As for bioweapon, that's not what Regor's interested in. Tengus, maybe, but then again we've also seen how that turned out for him in Once Awake.

Accepting someone's money to cure their disease is not "bowing down to them", that's just a silly argument. Tyl could've easily demanded a ridiculous sum to treat Alad and Alad would still be forced to pay.

As for bioweapon, that's exactly what Regor's interested in. It could have great value in improving his research to make stronger Grineer warriors.

The only issue I have with this whole "cure the infested!" route is that it completely undermines the Infested as a threat. ALL the possible peril? Thhwpt! Gone!

Honestly, that sounds like an interesting idea. Not in the same way you've said, hell no. You've made it sound like a simple 5 minute ordeal. 

Get the cure, administer it, done.

Think of the potential ways to get rid of the infestation, this is a chance to remove what could potentially be the largest threat that isn't the Sentients. Why must we keep having the same factions around? To retain the status quo of every faction still being around is boring. Let the event have a huge consequence to a faction.

Let's make some interesting stories damnit!

Accepting someone's money to cure their disease is not "bowing down to them", that's just a silly argument. Tyl could've easily demanded a ridiculous sum to treat Alad and Alad would still be forced to pay.

As for bioweapon, that's exactly what Regor's interested in. It could have great value in improving his research to make stronger Grineer warriors.

I don't think Regor would care for money. The only thing he cares about is fixing the Grineer DNA problem and improving them, something he is doing quite well. He probably knows more about biology than Alad too.

Well... maybe it will be cureable - until it reaches a certain stage where it is fatal.

Maybe the Salad can still be cured, while all thos who reached a higher lvl of infestation can not be cured anymore.

DE is working on an Infested version of the Manic and Bursa. They have to write the lore and voice events etc, we'll see in the coming months.

source plz?

Did you read the message of alad V? His profile icon is back to his classic self. Which means the cure work and that means profit and healing for everybody hahahah!

I think everybody is overestimating this cure. The Lotus has not mentioned anything about using whatever Alad makes to cure himself as a cure for the infestation in mass. Said cure might be specific to Alad only. The whole "we can cure the infested" thing is just something people has exaggerated because they wanna see it that way.

Edited by Ory_Hara

Honestly, that sounds like an interesting idea. Not in the same way you've said, hell no. You've made it sound like a simple 5 minute ordeal. 

Think of the potential ways to get rid of the infestation, this is a chance to remove what could potentially be the largest threat that isn't the Sentients. Why must we keep having the same factions around? To retain the status quo of every faction still being around is boring. Let the event have a huge consequence to a faction.

That's a meta narrative argument that still doesn't make the story make sense. The issues I've brought up still haven't been addressed.

Nef Anyo spent huge amounts of resources and got nothing in return, he wouldn't even if he had won.

Alad V spent huge amounts of resources and acquired an extra enemy rather than make amends with the enemy.

"Let the event have huge consequences".

Literally never happened, never will at this rate. Some relay being destroyed doesn't count either. None of the events have made a difference and this one is worse because the characters of the story don't even begin to make sense.

Assets? He's an infested abomination who makes machines from man. He offers us nothing but ill intent and betrayal. Aiding him earns us nothing.

We are in middle of a war here. Every possible asset what we can get needs to be in our hands. Besides. Alad V will be more than use to us. He lowers the corpus power by stepping back in and we will keep Grineer in bay. Grineer has suffered many blows now. It is time to make Corpus bleed a bit. If Nef Anyo would have won. It would have had been one more problem to us and Grineer who was weakened too many times by now. In war we follow what brings good for everybody. Not individual. Remember that.

Again, dey is cool.

Same reason why people like the Zerg from Starcraft or the Necromorphs from Dead Space.

It's just a cool idea. 

Oh, yeah, cool... but to SIDE with them? MMMMmmmmm, no, no, is bad idea.

Well... maybe it will be cureable - until it reaches a certain stage where it is fatal.

Maybe the Salad can still be cured, while all thos who reached a higher lvl of infestation can not be cured anymore.

source plz?

I can see that coming.

As for source... did you miss this? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/237527-enemies-of-the-tenno-infested-submission-winner-and-interview/

I'm ALL FOR adding more... but to completely get RID of one? That's... that's a HORRIBLE idea! That's like if during the middle of the Burning Crusade Blizzard had said "Oh? The Legion? Poof, gone!"

It would lead to some interesting story ideas, but all in all as a means to giving us enemies it's TERRIBLE. You'd just completely eliminated any possible threat! You've eliminated ANY possible peril! There is NOTHING SCARY about the Infestation any more! It would be a threat that isn't one. Like throwing you into a pit against three dogs while you're wearing a kevlar and weilding a sub-machine gun - we can pretty easily tell whose going to come out on top.

And if there's a cure, then why deal with any of the Infested invasions anymore? Why be concerned with them?

And not to mention the sheer gameplay rammifications - "oh, look, there's no more infested. Sorry to all of you who wanted all those Infested drops. Oh, and since the Eris tileset was basically Infested ships that have now been cured we've just removed those."

There's interesting stories and then there's costing the game parts of it's elements. Removing an entire faction for the sake of a story? That's just weak, not to mention what about all those people who come after?

"Oh! Once Awake! Space zombies! Cool!"*one starchart later*"So, where are the space zombies?"

"Oh, we cured them."

"So, why were they considered such a big threat?"

"Oh, we didn't have a cure before."

"But... if there was hope for a cure why were we concerned?"

We are in middle of a war here. Every possible asset what we can get needs to be in our hands. Besides. Alad V will be more than use to us. He lowers the corpus power by stepping back in and we will keep Grineer in bay. Grineer has suffered many blows now. It is time to make Corpus bleed a bit. If Nef Anyo would have won. It would have had been one more problem to us and Grineer who was weakened too many times by now. In war we follow what brings good for everybody. Not individual. Remember that.

Nef Anyo is supposedly bankrupt after the Burza event. Now he's spending huge sums of cold hard cash to destroy Ryl Regor's laboratories.

Siding with him should make him lose everything, since he literally gains nothing from this. And Alad V dies to boot. Seems like win-win for us, and lose-lose for Nef, Alad and Tyl.

To bad for Tyl Regor though, one thing this event did accomplish was make him seem respectable.

Alad wants to kill Tenno and the Grineer, while he seeks to enslave the Infested to his control (and to his credit, it worked). I would much rather have a Corpus Board Member indebted to us than a powerless Infested maniac with no influence over anything except a plague that corrupted and consumed him.

A better asset would be one in power over a faction: that being Nef Anyo. Alad will die, and then there will be no support from him. But many Corpus can die, so long as Nef Anyo remembers his debt.

That's a meta narrative argument that still doesn't make the story make sense. 

What?

Nef Anyo spent huge amounts of resources and got nothing in return, he wouldn't even if he had won.

Ok.

Alad V spent huge amounts of resources and acquired an extra enemy rather than make amends with the enemy.

He hasn't gained a new enemy at all. It's still the same. Nef Anyo has always hated Alad V.

And if anything, he's now very grateful towards the Tenno for what we've done. I'd say he has no interest in trying to mess with us anymore. 

Oh, yeah, cool... but to SIDE with them? MMMMmmmmm, no, no, is bad idea.

That's just your personal opinion, I'd gladly side with the Infested if given the option. 

I'm ALL FOR adding more... but to completely get RID of one? That's... that's a HORRIBLE idea! That's like if during the middle of the Burning Crusade Blizzard had said "Oh? The Legion? Poof, gone!"

It would lead to some interesting story ideas, but all in all as a means to giving us enemies it's TERRIBLE. You'd just completely eliminated any possible threat! You've eliminated ANY possible peril! There is NOTHING SCARY about the Infestation any more! It would be a threat that isn't one. Like throwing you into a pit against three dogs while you're wearing a kevlar and weilding a sub-machine gun - we can pretty easily tell whose going to come out on top.

Any possible threat?

No peril?

Have you forgotten that we're surrounded by an endless supply of Grineer, and overwhelming size of Corpus and a technological race of extremely &!$$ed off beings that want nothing more than to completely destroy us?

Yeah, one measly faction getting wiped out is gonna remove all signs of peril.

And not to mention the sheer gameplay rammifications - "oh, look, there's no more infested. Sorry to all of you who wanted all those Infested drops. Oh, and since the Eris tileset was basically Infested ships that have now been cured we've just removed those."

There's interesting stories and then there's costing the game parts of it's elements. Removing an entire faction for the sake of a story? That's just weak, not to mention what about all those people who come after?

Quests. Again, there are quests. 

Quests can act as the official story line for the game, where the Infested can still remain in a chronological timeline. Then, a quest leading up to the events of the this recent event can be made, where our objective is to attain the cure. From that point on, the infested can no longer exist because the quest system acting as the official story dictates that the threat is no longer there.

As for the drops, we have sentients on the way and the quests as well. Replayable quests can allow for the resources to be farmed y'know.

And since when did we ever even know of a cure existing until know? You seem to think we did know:

"Oh, we didn't have a cure before."

"But... if there was hope for a cure why were we concerned?"
Edited by TheErebus.

Alad wants to kill Tenno and the Grineer, while he seeks to enslave the Infested to his control (and to his credit, it worked). I would much rather have a Corpus Board Member indebted to us than a powerless Infested maniac with no influence over anything except a plague that corrupted and consumed him.

A better asset would be one in power over a faction: that being Nef Anyo. Alad will die, and then there will be no support from him. But many Corpus can die, so long as Nef Anyo remembers his debt.

We have overwhelmed odds before. Why can't we even if Alad V betrays us? And if he does betrays us. The result will not change all that much. He will die. One way or another. This conversation is over until we uncover the truth of his whereabouts.

Nope, it's good guy Alad from here on out. Next he'll be opening a community research lab in the relay stations to help design new frames and weapons for the Tenno. At least that's what I'd like to see... doubt it'll happen but would be nice to have another rogue Corpus with us.... now if only we can get Ruk on our side too.

We have overwhelmed odds before. Why can't we even if Alad V betrays us? And if he does betrays us. The result will not change all that much. He will die. One way or another. This conversation is over until we uncover the truth of his whereabouts.

I will allow this conversation to cease on the grounds that the future is uncertain, and I will not be one to say "I told you so" should Alad abuse the Genetic Deterioration data we have allowed him to receive. I would, however, just like to state that Alad V should not be trusted, especially now. A fragile asset is hardly an asset at all.