Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.i.p. Warframe

PaleMinerva

You mean the same Design council that can NEVER say "no" to DE and to whom DE can NEVER go wrong with any of it's decisions ?

True...but at least then they would have asked someone instead of just dropping this on us.

No one in the design council, as far as I know, knew this was coming. Hell, we basically have a direct line to Grineeer/Scott, and we didn't know this was coming, either.

F*** it. $100 down the drain, but it was a good few months.

I'll just keep telling myself that.

Since when is the entire design council suck-ups? Sure there are plenty of suck-ups in the community, but I assure you it is not limited to those with a shiny badge.

Edited by Aramahn

So uh...

I've played many games before—especially recently—and there are always two groups: One that says "It's doomed, we're doomed" and the other that says "Don't worry, [insert company name] is doing us well. They will fix it because they're a good company"

It's... unfortunate which group is usually correct.

Yet another rant and whine thread with zero content that promotes meaningful discussion in the initial post

*facepalm*.

Discontent is its own kind of discussion, and some decide to show it in various ways. A well written post and a clever meme poster can convey a similar message as long as it doesn't fall on deaf ears (or blind eyes in this case)

I think moving a lot of the weapons into the foundry system by itself is a good idea to just get people used to it, but putting a large amount of alloy plate as a requirement for all of them seems over the top and detrimental to the game as a whole. As for balancing stuff, it's hardly all doom and gloom, especially because there appear to be bugs with the changes they made to the ultimates as it is.

The changes aren't that bad for players who have a good amount of hours into the game, and made already used most of the weapons.

But for new players ....... well, its just ridiculous. I remember starting out, it took long enough to get the credits together for buying weapons/frames and modding. Making the game even more grindy, really won't make the game more attractive.

I have nothing against grinding (I finally got my hell's chamber after 30+ runs on xini) but for newcomers? Or people who just reset and want X weapon? It's terrible, ~300 alloy plates minimum is REALLY annoying to farm for, and that's the cheapest! (I think) I have nothing against it requiring a reasonable amount of alloy plates (~20% of current prices for the NEW BPs, i.e. low end weapons). Anymore than that and it really can turn off new players. Do you want to farm ~450 plates for a snipetron? (assuming you wanted one obv)

In all games there are end-game weapons, those are not suppose to be available for new comers right away. Again, it's about grinding.

Edit: I hear what you're saying, it sucks only because it was all cheaper the day before yesterday, but I don't think the price changes are the biggest concern from the last patch.

Edited by ItsTen

In all games there are end-game weapons, those are not suppose to be available for new comers right away. Again, it's about grinding.

Edit: I hear what you're saying, it sucks only because it was all cheaper the day before yesterday, but I don't think the price changes are the biggest concern from the last patch.

Burston is endgame? Strun (costing 75k) is endgame? all melee weapons minus chronus are endgame?

edit: I agree some weapons should remain endgame (i.e. hek, gorgon, etc)

However I didn't make it clear I was referring to these weapons, my bad. and this is a HUGE change, as no "noob" player wants to farm for 1-2 hours at the START of the game for a new gun.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Scott: Yeah, the game's grindy, we're trying to steer away from that.

....Uhhh?

But, seriously, DE has big ol' dollar signs in those eyes of theirs. I'm currently sitting on 4700+ circuits, 5600+ ferrite, 49 morphics, 33,300+ Nano Spores, 3900 plastids, 7000 Polymer Bundle, 3300 Rubedo, 1500 Salvage, 100~ Alloy plate...and they decide to make almost every weapon on the market require alloy plate? lol... As if the entire playerbase wasn't already starved for alloy plate and grinding it nonstop, now we have even more of a reason to keep grinding it! God forbid I see the surface of any planet besides Sedna, Venus, and Ceres...

I'm personally about ready to hang up the game, too. It's clear to see how little thought DE is putting into their game. "Sorry guys, when we nerfed the Rhino the loss of CC-immunity and disrupt immunity was unintended, we just overlooked it during testing" ...Would love to know their definition of testing, because I don't think it means what they think it means.

Burston is endgame? Strun (costing 75k) is endgame? all melee weapons minus chronus are endgame?

edit: I agree some weapons should remain endgame (i.e. hek, gorgon, etc)

However I didn't make it clear I was referring to these weapons, my bad. and this is a HUGE change, as no "noob" player wants to farm for 1-2 hours at the START of the game for a new gun.

I agree with you in that aspect. I think there should be at least 1 entry level weapon for all types that should not be only blueprints and are not the starting gear.

For example;

entry level shotgun

1 entry level rifle,

1 entry level pistol

1 entry level sniper

1 entry level single melee weapon

1 entry level multiple melee weapon

This way new players can establish what game style they like before investing a lot of time and resources in farming on a weapon they may not even like.

I agree with you in that aspect. I think there should be at least 1 entry level weapon for all types that should not be only blueprints and are not the starting gear.

For example;

entry level shotgun

1 entry level rifle,

1 entry level pistol

1 entry level sniper

1 entry level single melee weapon

1 entry level multiple melee weapon

This way new players can establish what game style they like before investing a lot of time and resources in farming on a weapon they may not even like.

That would be the solution I'd suggest, as right now any sniper, or almost sniper (latron) aren't available. There is the lex, but that's 50k, and that's pretty expensive for a player who wants to TRY a weapon and doesn't have access to easy ways to farm for credits.

Seriously i felt this market move and nerfs killed this game. Besides, for people that bought/supported their game by purchasing their platinums have their warframes/weapons constantly on the nerf edge isn't looking promising either.

So far every coming patch is having weapons if not frames on the nerf chopping board and keeping players on their toes for weapons/frames that arn't put up there. With the limited amount of weapons and warframe slots you have and painfully levelling them up only to have to delete/change your weapons/frames for the better is hurting this game.

All the grinding, levelling, modding ends up bearing fruitless weapons/frames is just plain too much.

Market change was a right step from DE: was too easy obtain weapons.

And now new players have one heck of a time getting a new weapon period. Go farm 450 alloy plates with like a braton and cronus, it'll be pretty hard is my guess. (just picked 2 weapons easily available to players just starting out)

I do enjoy a good "I QUIT" thread. Reminds me of the kids on Facebook.

Quite amusing isnt it :D

I mean people are so spoilt these days. And to think that drastic changes like this(I dont even call that drastic xD), wont happen during a BETA, is more sad than funny. But well.

Edited by Venarge