Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.i.p. Warframe

PaleMinerva

2.2k something now, I've made Dual Ether, Zorens, Gram (80), Ankyros, Frost Helmet (150), Kraken (300), Storm Volt, Aurora Frost, Reverb Banshee (350), Hek, Boltor (500). So that what, 2273 + 3(80) + 2(150) + (300) + 3(350) + 2(500) = 5163 Alloy Plates. And I haven't ran any alloy plate planets for quite some time now. I'll need to actively run Jackal again to see how the drop rate is nowadays, though.

epeens and petty squabbling aside, I think that DE could make this change viable if they altered the rarity level, or pickup amount of Alloy plates, considering how much it's needed now.

Hear hear.

That would be a good solution, increasing the drop rate/amount would work pretty well I think. But if they leave the drop rate alone, they need to reduce the cost still.

I disagree, the market changes hurt warframe, but it's not the death toll for it, and rhino is one warframe who could use a rework (1/2 of his abilities are almost never taken, iron skin is the main ability, and charge is useful for catching up/extra mobility)

edit: spelling

I "like"how DE balances this game.

To quote you :"1/2 of his abilities are almost never taken" because Iron Skin. How do we balance it? Nerf it, so now is it more in line with his other abilities (read as now his all abilities are equally useless)

I think the changes are a bit silly. But I get the reason. They want people to pay for their weapons instead of grinding.

Make the grind more unbearable then it need be - and folks'll circumvent that by just buying the weapon. Pity that half of the weapons are utter crap anyways.

Some of the weapons are decent. Some of them are trash. Kind of like the Frames. Some are good, some decent, and some are just meh..

Hopefully they'll see the error of their thought-train and fix it.

I'll hold out hope.

But I think you're going to see a whole metric ef-tonne of 'fixes' to the frames who had invuln abils. (Rhino, Trin, Frost.)

Cause once PvP hits - everything will go into the crapper. 

Honestly, I think that there should be some ability to pay for the ultra-rare ingredients via copious amounts of credits.

At least then credits have some more use in acquiring.

Edited by Deost

On the point of materials trading in the upcoming clan patch who the hell wants the other materials other than alloy plates as stated in some of the previous posts? Rubedo and Alloy plates are the most required materials in crafting anything at all and would anyone in the clan trade alloys for something lesser?

If the OP actually laid out some analysis and constructive solutions on how it could have been handled better....

But no, instead we have an overdramatic thread title with memes and profanity in the initial post. Very classy.

Edited by Tulzscha

Once again, since nobody gets the point.

2VQ27.png

So true on the indication that the developers are getting greedy and impatient on the amount of money they're raking in. It's not about the abilities of the frames nor the strength of the weapons they're getting way too greedy and would want more people to pay for their platinums to get weapons or would you wait 12 hours or 3 days for your weapons and frames needless to say the endless grinding and farming for the materials and after that the numerous mods required?

Think about it people. Well i'm sure i'd get lots of comments like ,'go play other games, get lost, good riddence, whining baby, developers needs to eat too' but well this is one of the last straws i'm giving the game.

Good luck and have fun falling into their treachery of their initial intentions about the game not heading into grinding and stuffs like that.

If the OP actually laid out some analysis and constructive solutions on how it could have been handled better....

But no, instead we have an overdramatic thread title with memes and profanity in the initial post. Very classy.

And here, we have a self-congratulatory asshat.

V

e

r

y

c

l

a

s

s

y

(Then you will wait more)

While it was amusing reading you two go at it I have to admit, you seem to be very keen in avoiding producing a screenshot. It's quite simple and easy to just post one and it'd stop him from going at you. I sincerely doubt it's a 'lol cus it annoys him so bro' reason. It does weaken and undermine your point (which you seem to be strong about) and implies you are lying. 

Edited by Naith

2VQ27.png

This sums it up so frighteningly well.

Consider the perspective of a new player who may not have clan connections or a well-rounded knowledge of the game, and no access to decent equipment.

Now, before we continue, also consider how a F2P business model works. Playing the game itself is free, and the goal of the game is to entice the player to pay for various features, generally objects of aesthetic or convenience value. Essentially, to "hook" them onto the game.

So newbie player picks up the game, has a decent amount of fun with it, and would like to play a little further, perhaps experiment with some new weapon types. They go to the market to buy a new weapon (or at least look at what's available), and they see that even the most basic weapons are incredibly out of reach for them.

Now they have three real options: The first is to inefficiently (remember, this player does not yet know all the ins and outs of the game) grind for a very long time with awful equipment in areas that they are obviously horrendously unprepared for (and then wait another 12-24+ hours to progress after that), pay real money, or simply quit the game altogether. Also keep in mind that they might not even end up liking the item in the end, and that is an incredibly frustrating thing.

Now, although both of the first two options are possible, they hardly do anything to represent a positive image of the game itself. There's no sense of reasonable progression and reward for the player enough to want them coming back. The first few hours of a game, especially a F2P one, are the most integral, since that's when you need to hook them with a sense of progression that is reasonable enough to motivate them to play further, and give them the resources and tools so that they aren't afraid to make decisions.

By revamping the market such as this, DE has almost entirely gutted the entire hook of their game. It'll certainly be interesting to see how the community grows (or, as may be more likely the case considering my hypothesis, fails to do so), but it may not be interesting in a good way.

This sums it up so frighteningly well.

Consider the perspective of a new player who may not have clan connections or a well-rounded knowledge of the game, and no access to decent equipment.

Now, before we continue, also consider how a F2P business model works. Playing the game itself is free, and the goal of the game is to entice the player to pay for various features, generally objects of aesthetic or convenience value. Essentially, to "hook" them onto the game.

So newbie player picks up the game, has a decent amount of fun with it, and would like to play a little further, perhaps experiment with some new weapon types. They go to the market to buy a new weapon (or at least look at what's available), and they see that even the most basic weapons are incredibly out of reach for them.

Now they have three real options: The first is to inefficiently (remember, this player does not yet know all the ins and outs of the game) grind for a very long time with awful equipment in areas that they are obviously horrendously unprepared for (and then wait another 12-24+ hours to progress after that), pay real money, or simply quit the game altogether. Also keep in mind that they might not even end up liking the item in the end, and that is an incredibly frustrating thing.

Now, although both of the first two options are possible, they hardly do anything to represent a positive image of the game itself. There's no sense of reasonable progression and reward for the player enough to want them coming back. The first few hours of a game, especially a F2P one, are the most integral, since that's when you need to hook them with a sense of progression that is reasonable enough to motivate them to play further, and give them the resources and tools so that they aren't afraid to make decisions.

By revamping the market such as this, DE has almost entirely gutted the entire hook of their game. It'll certainly be interesting to see how the community grows (or, as may be more likely the case considering my hypothesis, fails to do so), but it may not be interesting in a good way.

Pretty much this...won't be showing this game to anyone until its changed and I won't be spending anymore money on it myself. I don't like the way this is looking at all.

Maybe some of these posts should be ported over to the May 17th Hot Topic so Rebecca actually sees this side of the complaints as there's a riot occurring over the Rhino at the moment and it's going to be reasonably easy to completely bypass and miss this issue. In my opinion this is far more significant than the Rhino and it's going evidently going to have some serious ripple effects.

Edited by Naith

Maybe some of these posts should be ported over to the May 17th Hot Topic so Rebecca actually sees this side of the complaints as there's a riot occurring over the Rhino at the moment and it's going to be reasonably easy to completely bypass and miss this issue. In my opinion this is far more significant than the Rhino and it's going evidently going to have some serious ripple effects.

I actually made a massive post in that thread about Rhino, Banshee, and the market change...I just left out my harsher thoughts...

Yet another rant and whine thread with zero content that promotes meaningful discussion in the initial post

*facepalm*.

We must be on the FORUM huh?

i think i might just stick to the OFF TOPIC forum because the amount of WHINE and HATE on these lately is putting me off the game that i Love

2VQ27.png

Pretty spot on. While Vauban being hilariously overpowered and Banshee/Rhino getting nerfed way too hard, the market prices are easily the worst change of this patch and a worrying hint of things to come.

And whats worse is that all forum-goers will just happily accept that since they already have their boltors/HEKs/whatever. Speaking of Vauban, when you consider how massively OP he is combined with the fact that you could possibly wait MONTHS to get him without paying plat speaks volumes of how DE handled this. Same thing happened in Tribes: Ascend and now that game is a complete mess.

I am curious too, the Design Council were not asked about this changed if should get implemented.  It is also a big shock to us too.

I will say no to a design that they have proposed if it is not good.

PS: Not all DC members are fanbois, at the first place were not consulted on this change.

There is already a much better topic for discussing the changes in the Weapon marketplace, here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/46117-constructive-feedback-on-the-new-bps-for-former-credit-weapons/

This one is already spiraling downward fast, what with the OP's replies resorting to personal attacks.

To be honest, we need to stir up as much S#&$ as possible about this subject to show that this direction DE is taking is NOT OKAY. There honestly should be more threads about this than about Rhino/Banshee nerfs.

Its not impossible...for someone like me who has access to everything and can solo almost all of it. But...roll a new account, and try to make a weapon. This change just ruins it for new players, nothing more.

Ya it's totally ruined now. Now you have more goals to work for, and reasons to run something other than xini. I mean how will new players cope with not being able to buy 6 new weapons in the first two days they play the game, they may have to pick one! He'll this outrageous change may even revalue credits by creating something to actually spend them on.

Lets keep posting inflammatory bullS#&$ because obviously this is the end of the world.

Ya it's totally ruined now. Now you have more goals to work for, and reasons to run something other than xini. I mean how will new players cope with not being able to buy 6 new weapons in the first two days they play the game, they may have to pick one! He'll this outrageous change may even revalue credits by creating something to actually spend them on.

Lets keep posting inflammatory bullS#&$ because obviously this is the end of the world.

You missed the point, as well.

2VQ27.png

Okay I've long settled into the idea that I'm just stupid/naive.

So I'll lay out what I'm seeing, and then I'll ask someone to constructively explain to me why this marketplace deal is a bad thing beyond the major oversight of the weapons show in the Arsenal. ( You can pretty much trick a player into thinking you have to buy the weapons with cash-currency instead of credits the way its set up now. Say what you want but I don't think that's fair practice.)

I see that most of the weapons are now requiring that you build them the price ranges for the blue prints are now from 15K-35K(?) With some exceptions that you'll probably just have to get from Alerts. Aside from building, and buying platinum (Which I think the prices have raised  and I'm not  happy about that.) there doesn't seem to be a way to buy whole weapons with credits---save for a small few. I think anyway. 

Our starter weapons aren't bad, you gotta deal with them a little and farm up some stuff, work for your S#&$ to get it. That's fine with me, I guess---but I can't claim to have a definitive opinion until I understand my situation better. 

What am I missing that's making this so bad? Other than the map limitations for farming, which actually can be solved through partying, I feel like I'm grossly lacking understanding in what just happened? Maybe I'm in shock. Lol

How is this spelling the end of Warframe? 

I admit I am thinking about the amount of time you have to deal with when building a weapon, aside from farming materials, and the possibility of paying even more credits to start the weapon creation...but I'm not seeing how these things can't be adjusted.

Halp? Please?

Edited by Hauteclere

To be honest, we need to stir up as much S#&$ as possible about this subject to show that this direction DE is taking is NOT OKAY. There honestly should be more threads about this than about Rhino/Banshee nerfs.

Stir? I'd say just all mass quit altogether. That'll make a stand/point painful enough for them to rethink about everything from frames to weapons to the market.