R.i.p. Warframe

Stir? I'd say just all mass quit altogether. That'll make a stand/point painful enough for them to rethink about everything from frames to weapons to the market.

Not a bad idea. I have a pretty huge backlog to clear up anyway. Really hope DE has a fuckin golden explanation to this nonsense on Monday.

Ya it's totally ruined now. Now you have more goals to work for, and reasons to run something other than xini. I mean how will new players cope with not being able to buy 6 new weapons in the first two days they play the game, they may have to pick one! He'll this outrageous change may even revalue credits by creating something to actually spend them on.

Lets keep posting inflammatory bullS#&$ because obviously this is the end of the world.

You do realize a Burston costs 300 alloy plates right? That's 2 warframes, over half of what the boltor costs (which I consider a top tier weapon), or all the heavy weapons. That aside, you missed the point. To put things into perspective...I have 10 of the 13 frames, all supercharged. I have over 20 weapons as well. I've farmed a lot of that, and bought my fair share of things as well to support the company. This change doesn't affect me at all. My point is this. A new player will not have access to 300 alloy plates for some time, which pretty much all of these moved weapons cost now, or even more. So, with that in mind...how is a new player going to "progress" when the costs of mid range weapons are almost the same as some of the best weapons? Do these mid range weapons even have a purpose anymore? And, in the grand scheme of things...what does this change say about the possible direction DE is going to take? There is a lot more to look at...because new players is what a game needs to survive...so what first impression does this one give?

Not a bad idea. I have a pretty huge backlog to clear up anyway. Really hope DE has a fuckin golden explanation to this nonsense on Monday.

This is it. My patience is gone. I will not stand by while these nerfes continues. That is why I stopped playing Battlefield 3 (every week a nerf) and even threw it into waste bin lol (still own it in origin). I am going to uninstall the game and wait for DE explain themselves what the F*** do they want the game to become. 

DE look at Planet Sides 2 and rethink your approach to your own game.

So even Skana counts as end game weapon now? Seriously?
Well better not sell anything if you are new to this game,just give them bilion of dollars for slots cause thats the way this game is going.
They made weapons harder to swap out and replace,they could as well just put arrow and point it to plat.
Would be more decent.

So even Skana counts as end game weapon now? Seriously?

Well better not sell anything if you are new to this game,just give them bilion of dollars for slots cause thats the way this game is going.

They made weapons harder to swap out and replace,they could as well just put arrow and point it to plat.

Would be more decent.

Hey now, Skanas are powerful stuff, you cant just throw skanas around all willy nilly! You gotta work to earn that stuff now!

Seriously as the post by PaleMinerva suggests.

The game's taking a wrong turn and every single patch so far has been nerfs after nerfs after nerfs besides it's not mainly about the nerfs that i'm quitting it's mainly the lack of content and the constant grinding for materials to mods that's turning me off.

If it's money the developers are after well this is so wrong. Like someone posted when some newbie farms up the material required and crafts the object he/she wants and finds out that it wasn't what he expected to be or like just imagine the disappointment he/she feels? For the lack of design and concentration into the weapons and game, they (developers) just decided to make a #$&(% move and make almost every single thing up for crafting if not for platinum.

While currently this may seem to stifle many newcomers, let us not forget that it was suggested by the developers in a live stream that they would also implement crafting materials to the alert system. 

The ability to gain alloy plates through normal gameplay (as well as other components) along with the chance to get a large material pay-out through alerts could balance this out.

The main thing that irritates me in the path is consistant nerfings. One thought always comes to mind  You don't move forward bywalking backwards. If you take a single step back, the following movement should be a leap forward. otherwise you'll regress things far too much

While currently this may seem to stifle many newcomers, let us not forget that it was suggested by the developers in a live stream that they would also implement crafting materials to the alert system. 

The ability to gain alloy plates through normal gameplay (as well as other components) along with the chance to get a large material pay-out through alerts could balance this out.

Then wait till you have that in place and roll it out all together.

The major point is that DE seriously screwed the pooch with this patch. They just did stuff completely randomly without any apparent forethought about what they were doing then all went home for the weekend allowing the community to go into absolute meltdown.

There are very, very few positive posts about this patch. It is all negative and with good reason; most of the changes are terrible.

You mean that this is a discussion about how the weapons are out of reach of new players because of the materials required..then saying it's all fine because you can get them from alerts..which new players have very limited access to?

Would it not have been better though if they implemented that and this at the same time? Also you still need a lot of missions and planets unlocked to actually benefit from alert missions. While it would be slightly better than the current situation, I do not think that it would alleviate starting players problems at all. If anything, it would be a case of the rich getting richer while the poor gets left in the dirt.

are we going to mass quit?

A better way to do it is just express your thoughts where you can:

Post negative review to Raptr, Steam and Metacritic

The sad thing is, you don't even need to tell any lies with the most recent patch, it really hurt the game and points to DE taking Warframe down a dark, dark road.

A better way to do it is just express your thoughts where you can:

Post negative review to Raptr, Steam and Metacritic

The sad thing is, you don't even need to tell any lies with the most recent patch, it really hurt the game and points to DE taking Warframe down a dark, dark road.

Well thats not bad idea either.

They are going the wrong way though.

How much materials can they 'reward' via the alert missions? 50, 100, 300?

Not to mention that the alert missions are like 2 per hour but still like winterau mentions that you should roll them all out at the sametime.

But regardless of all these the constant nerfs and whatnots are huge turnoff. Seems that now everytime you hear there's an update instead of getting excited over it you'd expect some disappointment it's just only a case of how huge the disappointment is.

With now vauban being 'overpowered' we can expect in the near future there'll be a nerf on him right, people?

How much materials can they 'reward' via the alert missions? 50, 100, 300?

Not to mention that the alert missions are like 2 per hour but still like winterau mentions that you should roll them all out at the sametime.

But regardless of all these the constant nerfs and whatnots are huge turnoff. Seems that now everytime you hear there's an update instead of getting excited over it you'd expect some disappointment it's just only a case of how huge the disappointment is.

With now vauban being 'overpowered' we can expect in the near future there'll be a nerf on him right, people?

Well he will get nerfed with no doubt.

But free users wont be able to even use him for a month i guess,whole day today and not even 1 part in alert yet.

I am curious too, the Design Council were not asked about this changed if should get implemented.  It is also a big shock to us too.

I will say no to a design that they have proposed if it is not good.

PS: Not all DC members are fanbois, at the first place were not consulted on this change.

I'm not surprised they didn't bother asking the DC. There would be leaks all around followed by growing rage and threads by those who were not in the DC.

It would've been a reasonable idea to release the info to everyone to hear their feedback instead.

Edited by Naith